Do you smoke legally?

Do you smoke legally

• Yes

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • No

Votes: 64 85.3%

• Total voters

BluntMan

just a breakdown of the numbers, how many people on here legally posses, purchace, and smoke their mj

Since summer 2000, I've been "legal" in Hawaii (medi-mari)...but still NOT at the FED level...and they are actually considering (the FEDs) about coming after our "communities". It will be interesting to see if the state records get "opened-up" to the FEDs!

nope i smoke illegally

Smokin legally.....(sits and thinks about how great that sounds.)

Cannabis is illegal is pretty much every country that is a member of the United Nations. I quite honestly dont know of any country where it is not illegal. Only time I ever smoked legally I guess you can say was back in the summer of 2003 when the courts ruled the marijuana laws too messed up to enforce thus for a good 3 months police weren't enforcing petty marijuana laws and anyone going to court for possession had their cases thrown out. What a magical time that was.

NoDirtWeed4Me said:
I'm a legal smoker. California rocks!!

Ditto.. well, legal vaper. :cheesygrinsmiley: :peace:

Well as my friend always says "It's not illegal until you get arrested"

The Mad Toker said:
Well as my friend always says "It's not illegal until you get arrested"

Mr Mad.. are you from California? :hmmmm:

Illegally here, but the state is on the right path. :adore: Possession of up to an ounce and a quarter is a misdemeanor and a $200 fine. (1st offense)

Naw Toronto, Ontario Cannabia

..........................................................?

The Mad Toker said:
Naw Toronto, Ontario Cannabia

Hmm.. I was born in Hamilton and lived in T.O. some 30 years ago. Here in the Bay Area medical cannabis is as good as legal from California's stand point. We have state statutes re: medical cannabis, we have state mandates re: medical marijuana, our state police recognize medical cannabis patient identification cards so they are not busting legitimate people anymore.

We have well over 200 Co-ops state-wide in spite of all the moritoriums that our lazy municipal DA's recommend their cities adopt till the feds decide the issue. (It's called "passing the buck" and only delays the inevitable.)

But you know what.. most Californians give a flying fuck what the feds think on the medical marijuana issue. The feds don't try anything in Berkeley area where my co-ops are.. 5 of them within a 20 minute drive. Easily accessible Californian medical marijuana products.. 7 days a week. Can any city in Canada offer that convenience to medical cannabis patients? For that matter, any city in the world?

Sure it may be illegal to the feds but if you keep up with US media lately the feds for the most part have lost any legitimacy they may have had. The pendulum is swinging the other way and after the next election down here you are going to see changes, not major, but subtle. America has woken up to the fact that this drug war is a lost battle and the monies spent in fruitless attempts to bend American minds can be better spent elsewhere.

So.. you up in Toronto, Ontario, Canada enjoy your country for the next few years cause your pendulum is swinging away from, far away from legalizing marijuana. My friend (P420) in Waterloo area is one of maybe 300 people nation-wide that are authorized by your federal government to grow and use medical marijuana.

Tell me if I'm wrong but are these a summary of your current drug laws:

Canada: Although marijuana is still illegal in Canada, 2001 regulations allow the use of marijuana by people with serious illnesses. A 2003 court ruling forced the government to sell the drug to certified medical marijuana patients. Canada is also preparing to allow reduced sentences for possession of small amounts of marijuana and is evaluating heroin maintenance programs. (Until the new Tory government got in, eh?)

Only 1,300 Canadians are registered with the program that has cost Canadian tax payers $23 million to set up and more patients are relying on compassion clubs than the government.

Just my opinion.. but I think we're a wee bit ahead of you guys with some 150,000 medical cannabis users in California alone. That's not to down play our continued battle here with a marijuana arrest every 42 seconds here in the US.

"Well as my friend always says "It's not illegal until you get arrested"..."

Yeah, maybe in Canada but Canada does not the world make.. eh?

:peace: :cheesygrinsmiley: ..too wordy? Was I rambling? If so.. live with it, I do.

Good research. Mainly I was using the term as a figure of speech though.

I'm still smoking illeagally, with stash hidden everywhere I've made a small amount of noise about legalization however I had to take a break from my fight to go out to cali to help a friend with a crop that was droopy and dying. There will be a day when we can smoke anywhere we want. But in the meantime most everywhere is sure nuff illeagal however, nobody ever bothers me in T.J. the bellhops will even go get it for you if your in the right hotel.

It ain't legal in Cali. They tolerate it but I ain't legal.
Incorrect. Marijuana can be legaly posessed AND grown if you have a valid doctors recomendation stating you need it for medical purposes. I am a legal medical marijuana patient in California. No state official can touch me (Police, SHerrif, Highway Patrol, etc.), and if they did, theyd be sued and lose just like every OTHER state official that has violated the civil rights of their state citizens.
The latest press releases from the FDA are bordering on desperation. Who do they think they are kidding "NO medical benefit" and its harmful to your body. Anyone who takes pain medication can read the bottle.....which tells you of the liver damage the pills will do to your body (as well as other internal destruction). How is damging your lungs (assuming you SMOKE marijuana in the first place, one fo MANY methods of injestion....my grandfather injested it in liquid form, cqusing NO harm, to his body...not that a man dying of cancer would care if his lungs were being exposed to cancerous materials) any better or worse than damaging OTHER internal organs????? THe pendulum is indeed swinging the other way.
As for country's that legalized marijuana, the US DID legalize it for a while. I believe it was Carter tha legalized medical marijuana on a federal level, and Bush Sr. eliminated it. In fact the federal government STILL sends out medical marijuana to those patients that were approved during that time period, as they are obligated to do.
Mexico just decriminalized marijuana for personal use up to 5 grams. They also legalized other drugs.
The Netherlands has decriminalized marijuana for personal use up to a cetain weight (I belive it is also 5 grams).
-PM

Back
Top Bottom