Dooski's Grow v2.0 Dwc Ice Chest Afgan Kush Ryder

howdy brother!

roots are looking awesome! plants are looking great.. those chillers/reservoirs make great little portable units. awesome bro :thumb:

howdy brother!

roots are looking awesome! plants are looking great.. those chillers/reservoirs make great little portable units. awesome bro :thumb:

Howdy! Thanks! I love the cooler it works great and was about the same price as a plastic storage tote at $18:) I plan on using a bunch of them when I get the funds and room. I've also been thinking about putting a small pump in it to help circulate and aerate the solution further. Im just not sure how much its going to affect my temps having the pump in the water. Think I should? I have a small 3w pump with the aeration attachment I just haven't done it yet, its the one I use for my res changes.

Pics from today day 39. Switched out my hood for the wider one I have, and have still been spreading the ladies apart.

IMAG10304.jpg
IMAG10225.jpg
IMAG10232.jpg
IMAG10163.jpg
IMAG10174.jpg

wow! you can really see the ruderalis influence in the leaf structure! :cheesygrinsmiley:
there shouldnt be any harm in adding a small pump dude- they are good to aerate the nute solution and add movement to the solution too... great for circulating the solution around the roots as opposed to using an air stone alone. i installed one in my nieces tropical fishtank a month ago for that reason(circulation AND aeration)- although she uses a water heater for her tropicals so i wouldnt be able to tell ya if it will increase your solution temperature... that being said, you can always just keep an eye on the chiller and check it every few hours to see how the temps are affected :cheesygrinsmiley: i dont think it will affect the temp SO much as to cause harm and if infact it did increase the temp- you can remove it before it can cause harm to the root system. experimentation! trial and error! or should i say trial and SUCCESS! ;]

one thing ive been wandering about with the water pump im using at the moment is that it uses magnets to hold the impeller in place.. so i was wandering if there would be any magnetic influence in the nute solution at all(nutrients having charge to hold them in colloidal stasis).. i'd be keen to research that a bit more- energic influences on water/nutrient solution.. hence an influence on a plants growth. even silly ideas like submersible music players to hang in the solution... in some way to infuse the solution with some kind of boosted frequency loL i dunno- lots of ideas like that cross my mind- usually when im medicated lmao :p

anyhoo.. your plants are looking just great! :cheesygrinsmiley: keep it up dude :party::cheer::allgood:

I looked and its actually a 9w pump. I went ahead and stuck it in, and its definitely doing its job. I have a timer and put it on 30mins on and 30mins off to help with the temps. As long as they dont climb alot I think it should help out nicely. It also stuck to the side of the cooler well with its little suction cups. I cant believe I didnt try it earlier, thanks for the kick in the butt:)

Interesting info about the sound/water. Audio is my second love to cannabis. I have some powerful tactile transducers, a amp, and a tone generator or can just play music through them. Maybe I should do some testing:hmmmm:

yeah man, that would be awesome :cheesygrinsmiley: something similar to cymatics and the effects of sound on water:thumb:

i am certain we can "load" water with energy by way of 'frequency activation' and as such promote better growth in our plants:
Cymatics: Cymatic Shapes w/ Sound & Water - HD by Jess-E - YouTube

Cymatics - Standing Waves - Geometry - Morphing water - YouTube

non newtonian fluid experiments with sound buzz me the freak out too!
Non-Newtonian Fluid Dubstep - YouTube

It's already been shown that water could be used to store information due to its memory holding properties. Imagine using an entire ocean as a hard drive. or using a glass of water to ingest information.. or better yet, infuse a reservoir with growth promoting qualities! :cheesygrinsmiley: pretty fascinating stuff.
Make Structured water using 528 Hz DNA frequency - YouTube
the structure of water is where its at.. as opposed to the chemical composition!
that last link is getting pretty 'out there' though. but interesting as it relates to the nature of water

just a bit of a tangent brother! with your experience with audio though, i would be up front and center with any experiments you might do! ;)

laters dude :Namaste:

Wow water storing information is a crazy thought. And it seems to go even deeper because Im baked:) It would be crazy if they could decode the ocean one day, I wouldn't doubt in another couple hundred years. Technology is moving very fast and its only speeding up.

I noticed with the ladies that starting 2 hours before the light went out the leaves would droop badly and it would go away right after the light went out. So I switched them over to 18/6 over the course of a few days. They seem to like it better and dont droop like they did before. The one that was smaller and is now taller is definitely not filling out like the other one is. Its just been a defective plant from the start, we will see if she can try to catch up.
Pics from today day 45

IMAG10643.jpg
IMAG10653.jpg
IMAG10613.jpg
IMAG10624.jpg
IMAG10634.jpg

looking great dude!
good on ya for experimenting with the light schedule and dropping back to 18/6.. we gotta play it by ear sometimes and when we do,,, and they respond well like they did for you?? thats just awesome :cheesygrinsmiley: shows potential for an up coming expert grower imho :goodjob:

yeah man, i cant even imagine what technology would be like in a hundred years or so.. even 50 years tbh- with the way tech is speeding up exponentially n all... i just hope that our humanity can keep up with our advancements in technology! and we dont lose sight of what is important- the earth and all of her wonderful inhabitants.. as opposed to intense deforestation, pollution of all most major cities, the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer kinda things. BUT the thought of using water to store information?? or decoding already encoded information in our oceans and glaciers?? CRAZZY but VERY COOL :]

all the best dude! and keep up the good work :thumb:

Thanks for the comments! Ya they definitely seem to like the 18/6 better. I finally got a new ph meter and it turned out to be faulty so I having to send it back. But I was able to re-calibrate my old meter with the solution that came with the new one and it was .7 over what it was supposed to be...ouch. The high ph level didnt seem to hurt them to bad and its been that way the whole time. Im wondering if that could have caused the one on the left not to form properly though.

Pics from today day 52
IMAG11134.jpg
IMAG11142.jpg
IMAG11114.jpg
IMAG1111-11.jpg

howdy brother,

thought i'd pop in and see how ya ladies are going, looking good there sir.
the difference COULD be:
phenotype variation- Phenotypes result from the expression of an organism's genes as well as the influence of environmental factors and the interactions between the two and
genotype- inherited genetic instructions and genetic throw back to one or the other parent breeds, modified by environmental and developmental factors.. but this is quite common in nature and i wouldnt worry about it.
interestingly though, not all plant species that may appear the same necessarily ARE of the same genotype. basically its the the difference between a plants(or organism) heredity... and what that heredity produces(developmental, environmental, morphological and biochemical or physiological properties)

this is a little simplified though, as you can imagine it can get much more technical.

all the best Sir! :peace:

Hey thanks they are doing well! I wish I had a better camera Ive been taking all of my pics with my phone:straightface: They seem like like it wont be long, the one on the right is starting to turn cloudy:cheesygrinsmiley: I liked your pics you took with the lights off so I snagged a couple.:thumb:

Pics from today day 58
IMAG11304.jpg
IMAG11331.jpg
IMAG11361.jpg
IMAG11442.jpg

WHOA! they are looking superb brother! :cheesygrinsmiley: u can really get a glimpse of the sheer size of the buds with the lights off like that.. and with the can as a comparison?? they are looking quite huge! excellent work man :goodjob: reps all the way

Thanks alot Alkhemist:cheesygrinsmiley:

I spotted my first amber trich today! Also today is also going to be a res change day so Im debating if I should start the flush or not. The thing thats holding me back is the one on the left is lagging behind in maturity. If I had to guess I would say its around 5-6 days behind the other. I think im just going to start the flush and let the one on the left run a few more days after I chop the one on the right.

Pics from today day 65:allgood:

IMAG11683.jpg
IMAG11632.jpg
IMAG11644.jpg

NOM NOM NOM NOM :cheesygrinsmiley: reps to you bro- those buds are looking fantastic.. what a great little unit you got! :thumb: now.. find the space to pump 2-4 of those units! :cheesygrinsmiley: i was getting worried about ya bro... havent seen you posting for a while!... mind you mere days can seem like weeks when you're journaling :p i can hardly wait to hear how that bud tastes bro, and you got my vote for nug of the month with that last beauty of a closeup!
peace brother:goodjob: :peace:

Thanks alot! I lurk around but just don't post very much. I love the cooler setup up too, I will definitely be running more in the future. Im going to probably moving in about a month and a half so it may be a little while though. Its crazy now that Ive been growing for a while I don't like the idea of not having something growing at any one time. I snagged this little cooler the other day and may throw a little roadrunner auto in it, and when I move just put it in a box.:)

IMAG11693.jpg

i know exactly what you mean re NOT growing!! i couldnt imagine not having ATLEAST SOMETHING on the go loL it just doesnt make sense not to be growing... all the best brother PEACE

nice looking grow

Thanks king!

i know exactly what you mean re NOT growing!! i couldnt imagine not having ATLEAST SOMETHING on the go loL it just doesnt make sense not to be growing... all the best brother PEACE

Lol right it just seems like wasted time. I germinated a roadrunner auto and it cracked in 24hr:) so she will be up and running soon in the smaller cooler.

I chopped the main 4 colas from the one on the right, and I going to let the rest run a few more days. These buds are the biggest out of all of them and are absolute monsters:)

IMAG12204.jpg
IMAG12185.jpg
IMAG12174.jpg
IMAG12163.jpg

Pic of a sample nug I cut 3 days ago

IMAG12142.jpg

Newly born road runner auto

IMAG11963.jpg

Also a pic of my new piece I got yesterday

IMAG12003.jpg

Back
Top Bottom