Afghan Kush Ryder 1st Grow

Nice grow. My first grow was an Afghan Kush Ryder that I grew in a PC case. Very good weed indeed. My latest grow,White Rhino, is near harvest as well. BTW what camera do you use? Your photos are really incredible.

Minor correction, it was a bit closer to an O since I smoked some while it was drying. ;)

Nothing really special with these pics; just kinda emptied half a jar and took em. I'll still get some good ones of a real frosty bud. But until then, enjoy! Oh and yes, I trimmed all the stems before weighting everything.

MG_2863.jpg

MG_2871.jpg

MG_2910.jpg

MG_2913.jpg

MG_2914.jpg

MG_2917.jpg

Nice grow. My first grow was an Afghan Kush Ryder that I grew in a PC case. Very good weed indeed. My latest grow,White Rhino, is near harvest as well. BTW what camera do you use? Your photos are really incredible.

Thanks! I have some White Widow I'm really excited about starting but it won't happen until I do something with those Northern Lights. I think I'm going to clone them to 6 plants and do a screen of green.

Also the camera is a Canon 7D with a 24-70 2.8L lens.

Nice:D
The buds look great my friend!
They dont appear very dense ect,and look kinda fluffy but...
I think all them crystals will more then make up for it!
Damn nice auto buds though,looks very sweet and tastey

You're right, they're not the most dense but they're so loaded with crystals I'm more than happy with the results. Plus a lot of the ones I took photos of were in lower branches since they looked the best to me with all their orange hairs. The buds on the top were reasonably dense in comparison but still not like some others I have smoked. Honestly though, I like smoking the fluffier stuff a bit better so I'm cool with it.

Everyone: Thanks for the comments and support! I'm going to be posting some photos of the other plant when she's further along in flowering but from what I predict, she'll be about 3x larger than the first AKR and will hopefully be ready to harvest by end of next month.

-T

Oh BTW, the pics of the bud on the plate was a bit less than half the yield. Not that it matters much but I wanted to throw that out there in case anybody was wondering.

To catch everybody up, both plants got severely root bound a few weeks into flowering. One of the plants continued to flower which def. impacted my yield and the other decided to go back into veg. I moved the veg plant into a larger pot so it could flower again and to cut the story short, it decided to restart the entire process and spend another 3-4 weeks blowing up before starting to shoot out pistils again.

I have a feeling that this plant is going to have a much larger yield with more densely packed buds but that's only a hypothesis. She's still about 4 weeks or so from harvest (flowering goes quick with these autos) so we'll see what the AUW is then.

And a quick aside, I pulled one of the northern lights out and moved the other to a larger pot again. I was hoping the AKR would be done flowering by now but it's not the case which resulted in too tight living quarters and very bad looking northern lights. I made my first attempt at taking clones from both the NL's so hopefully those work out as I want to do a ScrOG after this. I also popped a white widow bean in some soil in hopes of taking a bunch of clones from it as well once the AKR is finished.

I have some quick handhelds of the other AKR that I started at the same time. For some reference, there is a gallon jug sitting in the bottom right of the frame in photo 2.

MG_2929.jpg

MG_2930.jpg

-T

Quick Follow up I know but I need some major help. I was inspecting the soil of my AKR after spotting what appeared to be a gnat comes out of the bottom with some water during a watering. Turns out I have an infection of what appear to be tiny silver looking bugs not unlike a flea (don't jump around of course). I'm guessing they're root aphids and the gnat was maybe just that so what's the best way to get rid of them? The plant looks good aside from some minor damage to some of the leaves and slight yellowing towards the top of the plant so their effects haven't taken hold yet...

But can you guys verify for me that the silver looking bugs are in fact root aphids? I don't think taking a picture will be possible as they're so tiny and appear then disappear so quickly so hopefully my description is good enough.

-T

Went to the hydro store and they do appear to be aphids. Going back on Monday to get the pesticide that was out of stock.

I took this photo from the surface of a text book and those dots are the pixels of the print just to give you guys an idea of how small they are.

MG_3025.jpg

-T

Hell yeah buddie! You did great your first time! Better than me honestly! But yeah dude going back to that message you left me on that old soil thread of mine and going Hydroponics I gatta tell you dude I'm getting about 10+ off ONE plant this comming harvest some time early May. And I did it all with DWC, now this grow is a hell of a lot more advanced than the DWC set up that yielded me 7 ounces last harvest, BUT with a simple bucket, a pretty cheap 20 dollar air pump and cheap air stones, some good nutrients from Advanced Nutrients and Dutch Master for Veg, as well as Advanced Nutrients bud booster called "kushi Kush" we were able to get 7 ounces off her with a 400 watt metal-reflector piece of shit hood without any reflective stuff on the wall but white paint.

And now im running an RDWC with a chiller c02 and an insaine air pump. Life is good.
100_19991.JPG

DSC007074.JPG

I hope you can see Y I choose DWC, but please choose what works for you. Thats why I like this site, I get to see how well or how crappy other set ups work without having to try them myself! I just find someone with that set up and kick it and chat with em and apply whatever useful info to my grow. Thats why I love this site. I hope I can help you along with your experience as well. Im actually just in my second year of community college working on my Geology Major I would atleast like to get a Masters in it.
Take it easy.
Hydrologist.

Wow, that looks fantastic! I'm actually planning on doing DWC in a Scrog soon here. I'm starting to get comfortable enough growing that it should be an easy transition.

I took 12 cuttings from the NL today and four from the AKR (just as an experiment). I'm not sure I'll do hydro with the next run but soon I will!

These are in a dome BTW and sitting on a shelf beside my T5 setup yet not directly underneath it. I used CloneX and will be keeping them misted so wish me luck!

MG_3030.jpg

-T

Good Luck!

So the other day I met a guy who had similar hobbies. He stopped by for a trade and damn do I have some aspirations now.

Most of the cuttings I took have taken root including some from the AKR. I really like the strain so I'm wondering if by taking clones, the plant will go back to veg and restart it's 7-8 week cycle? Also, I decided that I'm going to build an aeroponics table hopefully in a few weeks. I've really been wanting to try a ScrOG for the next grow and saw a few monster grows using a homemade pvc aero table. I'm also going to be getting a tent, carbon scrubber, a few hid lights and other miscellaneous things to accompany the new table but I'll probably keep my current setup for mothers and clones. I've already acquired the few needed materials for my "bubleponics" cloner so I'll get that going shortly so I'll have some nicely rooted clones by setup time.

-T

I decided to do a quick photo update. It would appear as though the root aphids are under control although I can still see an adult flying around every once in a while. The girls did however get really burned up from the neem oil, soap, and azamax treatment but fortunately have since recovered. I've been bending the highest branch down back into the canopy and have some interesting results from that process. All of the smaller branches have died off and the top has formed a nice thick canopy that's pretty dense with bud sites.

Both of the Northern Lights Girls are still hanging out where one is being taken to flower and the other is just a mom until I have enough established clones to rid her from the garden.

Last but not least, I started a white widow seed a few weeks ago and she's developing into a healthy young lady. She was also effected by the pesticide treatment but has since recovered and is doing nicely. I'll be topping her soon where I will use the excess plant matter to grow a white widow sister. I'll end up repeating this process until I fill a 4x4 ebb and flow tent with her many sisters and have a hearty run.

MG_3287.jpg

MG_3288.jpg

MG_3290.jpg

MG_3291.jpg

MG_3296.jpg

MG_3302.jpg

The canopy from one of the northern light sisters. Looks like a mess from the photo but she's doing awesome! I'm hoping to have a mass of colas form upwards so the light is evenly distributed throughout
MG_3294.jpg

Here's the White Widow
MG_3304.jpg

-T

Alright, now that I have something worth taking pictures of and now that I have a bit of free time, expect some more frequent updates.

The little bit of training I've done at the start of flowering on the second AKR has really paid off. The first plant grew with a main cola and many secondary colas well below. This plant however has a carpet of colas that I have but an inch or so from the light with zero ill effects.

One other thing, the clones I took from the AKR have rooted and they're sitting in a bubble cloner right now all though they started in soil. I also finally have some good looking Northern Lights clones that I'm hoping will root which are also sitting in the bubble cloner. And the White Widow I have that's in the beginning of veg has just been topped and will be seeing quite a few more sessions in the coming weeks as I want to fill an ebb and flow site with her sisters.

MG_3354.jpg

MG_3360.jpg

MG_3368.jpg

MG_3369.jpg

This last photo is from one of the Northern Lights. Her veg growth has been very viney compared to the tree like structure of the AKR. I would attribute that to maybe genetics but also to the fact that she was started much later than the AKR and as such has had to grow more quickly to get to the light intensity she wanted to be at.
MG_3371.jpg

-T

Hey, thanks for stopping by and thanks for the compliments! I strive for the readers to enjoy these photos so hopefully I can get some help and advice along the way and later on.

I'm going to get some photos of the White Widow later on tonight and maybe even the cloner so you guys can check that out.

-T

Back
Top Bottom