Double Vision's Blue Dream Monster Plant - 3x3x7 - 600W HPS/MH

Hey DV in my experiences, Ive seen my old dad cross pollinate a few different ways. One male will produce enough pollen to knock up a whole field of females. Also, pollen travels in the wind, hitchhiking on bugs, flies or any or any other insects that may have come in contact with a male cannabis plant. A couple times I have seen him pissed off because someone in our neighborhood grew some bag seed and let a male mature and it ends up pollinating his plants.
This might sound oldschool, but my dad is 70. So here it goes. When he would find a male "worth a shit", he would dry it in a paper bag then place the bag over a lower branch in hopes of only pollinating that branch. It usually worked really well. He'd sometimes get a few stragglers but its hard to isolate the pollen to one area because it travels well. Hope this helps.

Hey DV in my experiences, Ive seen my old dad cross pollinate a few different ways. One male will produce enough pollen to knock up a whole field of females. Also, pollen travels in the wind, hitchhiking on bugs, flies or any or any other insects that may have come in contact with a male cannabis plant. A couple times I have seen him pissed off because someone in our neighborhood grew some bag seed and let a male mature and it ends up pollinating his plants.
This might sound oldschool, but my dad is 70. So here it goes. When he would find a male "worth a shit", he would dry it in a paper bag then place the bag over a lower branch in hopes of only pollinating that branch. It usually worked really well. He'd sometimes get a few stragglers but its hard to isolate the pollen to one area because it travels well. Hope this helps.
actually you did help a lot thanks, I'll have to buy some seeds from that link heirloom sent me now and hope to get some good og males one day.

Update: day 5 veg.
temps:78°f-85°f. It rained all night last night and stopped at about 9 am. Much needed cool weather after all this heat.
humidity: 70% trying to keep it high :)
I watered both patty and Selma today. They seem to drink alot of water, maybe the heat got most of it. They are starting to bush out and I'll probably be topping them both tonight or tomorrow morning depending on how that top nodes looks and if can get it easy or not. That's all for today's update here are the pics.
Patty
20150914_093227.jpg

Selma
20150915_105933.jpg

the twins
20150915_110044.jpg

veg tent
20150915_110333.jpg

Your absolutely right about blue dream being a clone only strain. I have also heard that the og strain is a clone only strain. As with any seed, I am pretty certain that you can never be positive on how a plant will actually turn out. With the different genetics that are mixed in you can have 2 seeds from the same parents turn out totally different. Sometimes they even revert back to take the look and form of a strain that may have been mixed in years ago.

Your absolutely right about blue dream being a clone only strain. I have also heard that the og strain is a clone only strain. As with any seed, I am pretty certain that you can never be positive on how a plant will actually turn out. With the different genetics that are mixed in you can have 2 seeds from the same parents turn out totally different. Sometimes they even revert back to take the look and form of a strain that may have been mixed in years ago.
I'm glad my theory was pretty accurate about the seeds. When I say og strains I mean original strains. Pure Bloodlines :) I am definitely glad to have somone with experience with genetics along :thumb:

Getting real, pure genetics is difficult. Unfortunately the market is saturated with 'breeders' that are really nothing more than enthusiast with enough 'knowledge' to really screw up. Many never take the time to carefully select and stabilize a strain, then we buy the seeds thinking we're gonna get exactly what they claim (usually they advertise ONE possible geno/pheno out of two-dozens possible) but we get something else. At an average of 10 bucks per fem seed I expect to get what is advertised.

This is why I am collecting landraces. Screw them, I'm doing it myself.

About rouge pollen....Cy, tell your dad that I am currently fighting to disallow a HUGE hemp farm start up less than 1 mile away from me. They want to grow hemp seed for oil. What do you think THAT's gonna do to me? I'm all for hemp production, but not here. Please not here.

The paper bag trick is a favorite for pollinating branches.

Pops wouldnt be happy at all. Especially if they are growing hemp. That crap can ruin many years of hard work. Back in his prime when he was launching m80s at junkies with a wrist rocket, he'd probably launch some sort of concoction into their field. Not sure where you're located, but I'm guessing somewhere in the pacific northwest? Not a place for hemp to be growing. All for hemp product too, but they should stick to growing it in Idaho or something.

Getting real, pure genetics is difficult. Unfortunately the market is saturated with 'breeders' that are really nothing more than enthusiast with enough 'knowledge' to really screw up. Many never take the time to carefully select and stabilize a strain, then we buy the seeds thinking we're gonna get exactly what they claim (usually they advertise ONE possible geno/pheno out of two-dozens possible) but we get something else. At an average of 10 bucks per fem seed I expect to get what is advertised.

This is why I am collecting landraces. Screw them, I'm doing it myself.

About rouge pollen....Cy, tell your dad that I am currently fighting to disallow a HUGE hemp farm start up less than 1 mile away from me. They want to grow hemp seed for oil. What do you think THAT's gonna do to me? I'm all for hemp production, but not here. Please not here.

The paper bag trick is a favorite for pollinating branches.

Yea, I see what you mean.

Update: week 1
Temps:83°f-87°f
Humidity:65%
Day 7 veg , I topped both patty and Selma on day 6 and gave the girls a full dose of nutrients on day 7. I use technaflora recipe for success. 3 teaspoons of bc boost, 1 and 1/2 teaspoon of bc grow, 1/2 teaspoon thrive alive red, 1/2 teaspoon magical and 1 and 1/2 teaspoon sugar daddy.
That's pretty much all for today. I want to see how they take the nutrients before I do any more training.

Day 8:They took the nutrients well and I supper cropped both plants on the main stem close to a node. So now they are topped, cropped down and ready to bush! I also added my 2nd 125w clf to the veg tent.
Patty
20150919_095914.jpg

Selma
20150919_095807.jpg

added my other light
20150919_101003.jpg

The girl scout and pr clones.
20150919_100206.jpg

Looking good DV! Is that an avacado? Bad ass!
Thanks, Yup that's one of the many plants I am growing inside. I also have an apple tree that I sprouted from a costco granny smith apple. It most likely will not have "granny smith apple" genetics but I am happy with it anyways haha. I'll be moving some California wonder peppers into my veg tent in a few week's, they are in a bubble dome right now with some lettuce and spinach we just planted the other day.

What's up DV! If you don't mind I'm going to hang out and watch you work. Looks like I got here before all the action starts... good luck
GB80
Welcome Guam, glad to have you along. The more the the better :)

I'll start today's update with a few shots of the private reserve, king luie, and girl scout cookies. This is week 7 flowering under the virtual sun dimmable digital 600w hps.
20150920_200213.jpg
20150920_200154.jpg

Update: day 10 veg
Temps:85°f-88°f had to turn the ac on again, it was 97 outside.
Humidity:60%
I transplanted on day 9 and took pics day 10 at light on. They were super root bound (sorry forgot pics) and they were only in those cups for a week maybe a little longer. Root system is growing fast, that's good. They took the transplant well and I also watered to drain old nutrients, killed 2 birds. I stopped all lst for 48 hours to recover from the transplant. That's about it. Another 6 or 7 weeks veg, one will go in the mother closet other will start to flower. I am going for yield on this run, my last 3 cycles came out great but the strains I picked were poor yielders and I only veged for 3 weeks or 12". 5-6 oz dry off 4 plants each time. I'd be happy with 10 from the blue dream but I have read alot of really promising material on blue dream. I heard I can get up to 16-24 oz dry with 9 square feet and a 600w. We will see, like I said I'm not getting my hopes up..
Patty
20150920_193540.jpg

Selma
20150920_193735.jpg

twins
20150920_194127.jpg

veg tent
20150920_194232.jpg

Whats up DV! My cousin lives on an apple orchard way up north and he says that in order for your trees to get apples u have to graft a branch on from another tree. Not sure if its true, but I don't think he'd lie to me. Plus you need to use a little "elbow geese." Hahahaha

Update: day 12 veg
Temps: 80-84
Humidity: 65%
The girls took the transplant and topping great and are starting to bush like crazy. Blue dream definitely grows faster than any of the kush I have grown in the past. I started my lst again and everything is looking good.
Selma and some lst
20150923_042318.jpg

patty and a supper crop.
20150923_042523.jpg

group pic.
20150923_042659.jpg

20150923_163144.jpg
20150923_163110.jpg
Today we received some terpinator from terpinator.com I am going to be using it on the pr, gsc and king luie for their last 2 weeks as a pre harvest formula along with my normal sugar increase. I am very familiar with the pr and should be able to tell if it made any diffrance. I'll be running two girl scout cookies and two private reserve side by side, one of each will be getting terpinator through flowering. This is a new product for me so I am testing to see if it works like it says. Iv tried to research the product but so many people claim one thing and other's claim another. I'd like to see for myself. I'll keep you guys updated on the results.

I won't ever do another grow without Terpinator! I do use it in veg and I can see a difference than when just using it in flower. Enjoy the terpinator, your buds are going to be much more frosty and stickier! Good luck!
GB80
Awesome Guambomb! That is exactly what I was hoping for by posting this! Somone who actually uses it! So that's that, you talked me into it! I'll being using it for veg in the test run too. I also decided since a respected member of 420 mag is so sure of the stuff I will be using it on "selma" the blue dream I am going to flower for veg and flowering. Patty will be a mom so she does not need anything extra.

Back
Top Bottom