Xbox's Monster Blue Dream - Grow #2 - 2011

Thanks you guys for the feedback. So far the general consensus is to get the 250w HPS. I think i will invest in that hopefully the heat isnt to great, and if it is, ill just have to work with what ive got and try to improve my ventilation.

For those intersted, this is the model im thinking about:

Amazon: Sun System 250w Switchable MH/HPS Complete

They have 400W HPS with built in ballists. don't waste your $ on anything less. My 2C. IMO the minimum is 400W and the difference on the power bill is minimal but the results are night and day. :wood:

Hey Xbox! I do Agree with McCrackin the 400w would be best and would not be much hotter than the 250w. You can also get a light spreader that attaches to the light which helps with controlling on the canopy heat. But all in all if your most comfortable with a 250 I'm sure you will be satisfied. But consider the extra 150watt and extra lumen output with minimal difference in heat. IMO If your going HPS go with the 400. Whatever you decide on will be be pumping out some killer herb no matter what. Looking forward to your harvest bro!:tokin:

I usually don't update pictures too often but today i felt a need to do so after noticing the sparkles of fun.

IMG_24621.JPG
IMG_24652.JPG
IMG_24784.JPG
IMG_24812.JPG
IMG_24835.JPG
IMG_24873.JPG
IMG_24504.JPG

I didn't realize how many trics she had until today. Looks like last minute packing up.

It's all in the white balance settings now :thumb:

No kidding man! That's the first thing i tried when i set it up and they still didn't come out as great. Probably cause its an older point-and-shoot camera you can't manually adjust it. I'll just mess around with the settings, probably end up taking over 100 pictures before i get the settings just right haha. Oh, so far, temps are chilling at 75 and i think my max would be 82. This is all without a fan blowing at all.

Ya know, you could put a 6500k bulb in a reflector and point that at the part you are photographing, kind of a cheap studio light :). Or if you have Photoshop or something similar you can edit the color levels and pretty much get the same effect. Just thinking out loud ;)

Glad the temps are good, that extra light is gonna be great for those beautiful buds :thumb:

Wow! I'm just getting caught up, and this thread was an awesome read. In the beginning I didn't think you would have enough light to properly flower that big girl...I was wrong! Those buds look gorgeous! Very nicely done!
But, I am glad to see that you moved up to 250w.

:goodjob:

Wow! I'm just getting caught up, and this thread was an awesome read. In the beginning I didn't think you would have enough light to properly flower that big girl...I was wrong! Those buds look gorgeous! Very nicely done!
But, I am glad to see that you moved up to 250w.

:goodjob:

Thanks ConqueringLOJ! Most of the tops are all developing nicely, and this last-minute upgrade to the 250w should help out a little more. Most of the bottom though is fluff, cause my last lights didnt penetrate deep. But next grow, there shouldn't be too much fluff at all.

I'll try to get around to posted some update pics tonight.

Browsing around, and came upon this journal ...A damn good find, too! She's looking nice and healthy, bro! I've got a diamond OG clone going outdoors right now myself, and taking little pointers here and there in the forums is contributing to what looks like to be a great veg state right now... I don't know if I might have missed or overlooked anything, but I gotta ask if you changed the grow pot at all during the process? I have mine in a 3 gallon container right now, and I'm heavily considering a transplant over to a 30 gallon right before flowering...

Back
Top Bottom