Droidguy's First Ever Nirvana Easy Rider Outdoor Grow Journal - 2015

Droidguy1990

420 Member
Hey Guys long time reader just never randomly decided to become active today. To start with this is my first grow...That means I know as much about growing marijuana as the most novice of growers, I never even experimented with tomatoes or growing of any kind this is literally the first thing I have planted that has grown. With all that being said I have done immense research on the topic, I am talking about 3 months of studying every auto-flower grow guide I can find. Here is the setup, It is budget minded. I will try to keep this updated as much as I can and all advice and help is greatly appreciated!

Seeds: 2x Nirvana Short Rider Auto's, 2x Mystery Seeds
Stage: Seedling Day 7 days from germination.
This is a Outdoor Summer grow in North Carolina Coast.
My Soil is about a 70 Percent Organic potting soil purchased locally at a mom and pop nursery, The ingredients had no fertilizer that I can read on the labels and the other 30 percent is where the mistake was made, I used Miracle Grow Perlite which at the time I was not aware had any nutrients in it. The seedlings are in 5 gallon pots to avoid transplanting except for one that is a small clay pot so I could at least experiment with transplanting.

Average Temperature is 87 degrees Fahrenheit and Humidity is up there in the 70-80% percentile range.

I have not watered since planted since planting because I soaked the soil for about 3-4 days prior and let it dry about a week before planted seeds to ensure a moist but not overly soaked growing soil. But on average I do spray them about 3-4 times a day with purified water.

Outside of whatever natural fertilizer was in the original soil and the nutrients in the MG perlite they have not received any nutrients as of yet.

This is my first time ever growing so I know it will not be perfect, I know I wont get a great yield and more importantly I know that I will learn from this grow. Again any and all help is appreciated! Cheers!:thanks:

IMG_20150728_095611268.jpg
IMG_20150728_095607856.jpg
IMG_20150728_095601440_TOP.jpg
IMG_20150728_095557342.jpg
IMG_20150728_095553914.jpg
IMG_20150728_095415436.jpg

Update!
We are entering 3 weeks from germination now and man have I undertaken a complicated task of growing healthy cannabis. So to start the soil I had my babies in prior was generic home depot garbage, it was burning the heck out of those little seedlings. So I got some true organic soil from local nursery, and mixed it with cleaned no fertilizer peralite. I would say about a 50/50 or 60/40 mix of soil to perlite. I also moved them from a 5 gallon to a smaller plastic pot ( I know stupid decision) but the 5 gallon was a hassle to move inside and outside....which brings me to my next change...initially i was not happy with the lack of growth, as my plants are growing outside only and getting maybe 7-8 hours of direct sunlight.

so I went to home depot got 8 100=23 watt 2700k CFL's and splitters so I have a total of 8 CFL's producing over 8,000 lumens, and I started placing the plants under these lights during nighttime hours...Here is the set up, the plants go into a red plastic bin, with mylar all around it and a fan ontop to circulate the air, with the lights above the plastic bin about a good 6-7 inches above the plants.

Now as far as watering and feeding, these guys have virtually no nutes in them other than adding half a half a dose of root growth stimulation but so extremely watered down it seems to have no effects. The water is PH balance to 6. They get watered about every 2-3 days as they are being exposed to outside N.Carolina Temps of above 90 degree's...which brings me to my one biggest plant.

No matter what I do lately it will not stop looking like its wilting :
IMG_20150816_084026.jpg

I intitally thought it was just heat stress from being outside in the direct heat and then moving to CFL's during nighttime after getting those hours of darkness. Am I shocking these babys by doing so? I thought it was also under watered so I watered it and still no response.

can somebody please let me know what I am doing wrong, I am such a novice the only thing I did right during this grow is not us Miracle Grow... The others are starting to wilt as well now...
IMG_20150816_084014.jpg

IMG_20150816_084012.jpg

IMG_20150816_084008.jpg

IMG_20150816_083947.jpg

And the big one with the most wilting:

IMG_20150816_084021.jpg

IMG_20150816_084017.jpg

My Nirvana Short Rider Auto started showing its preflower's this week. With all the mistakes I have made at this point I am surprised I arrived here. The plant was stunted, burnt, not enough light, and then had nutrient burn and somehow it recovered enough to start producing preflowers. The resilience of Cannabis is not to be underestimated! This started as an outdoor grow and is still mainly an outdoor grow but at night I run this girl under 8 150 watt CFL's just to see what happens growth wise. It had a dose of Fox Farms Veg and Plant food this week, started with a quarter strength being it is an Auto.

Again I am just happy to be learning more and more about this beautiful amazing plant we all enjoy! The plant measures at 10 inches and it is roughly around it's end of its 4th week when this picture was taken.

rsz_img_20150828_122847.jpg
rsz_1img_20150828_122841.jpg

rsz_img_20150828_122907.jpg

These are my Mystery Seeds, Any guesses to what strain? Nirvana Freebies June 2015, My tallest is about 16inches, my shortest is well...my experiment, I topped it, LST. Over fed, Underfed. The abuse I put these guys through should result in a learning experience that is about it.

Mystery #1
rsz_img_20150828_122940.jpg

Mystery #2 (My tallest)
rsz_img_20150828_123044.jpg
rsz_img_20150828_123044_1_.jpg
rsz_img_20150828_123101.jpg

My Experiment. Topped, abused, LST, over fertilized. over water...list goes on and on....
rsz_img_20150828_123137.jpg

All comments are welcomed. I have 2X Jock Horror Auto's from Nirvana in Seedling Stage along with 2X Short Riders from there all in the seedlings Stage as well, Done with FF Ocean Forest and CFL's and growth has been amazing...thinking of starting a journal for these guys as well.

I was able to Transplant my biggest one that is now just about 24 inches. Transferred into Fox Farms Ocean Forest. My Experimental turned out to be a male, the balls showed, I still have it but it is in back of the property fending for itself now. My Auto Flower shows preflower development nothing to special along with my other mystery strain. My Auto is 16 inches tall. My Shortest is only 12 inches. They are both completely root-bound but I do not have the availability to transplant into bigger pots. They will have to finish there lives in these tiny containers.

My Healthiest
20150904_112704.jpg

My Smallest
rsz_20150904_112736.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom