First Grow Ever

Re: First Grow Ever :)

I dont know about autos but your kush will be fine just keep it in veg if it went into flower it will go back to veg in time, you can lose growth time but it wont die.

thanks for the info nycebudz. im going to pick up some perlite like u suggested tomorrow. also i checked the soil, i have an old fashion ph tester (non digital) and it only shows the whole number so you have to kinda guess what the correct reading is but the soil is always in between the six and seven when i test it. can a ph tester test the water too or what do i need to get to check the water levels? i read these plants will do just fine with 24 hours of light all the time because there autoflowering, this is just what i have read so i have been keeping fluorescents on them constantly with lots of air flow.....is this not a good thing to do? just a few questions i had on my mind so i thought id clear everything up. thanks XD

Just curious but did you read the post I left for you above? It may help answer a lot of your ph questions.

Here are some additional links that helped me..

PH explained
TDS and pH Explained | BGHydro

A good reference for your soil mixture:
HIGHTIMES.COM > Subcool’s Super Soil Step-by-Step

A good beginners guide to the full grow
How to Grow Cannabis.

For dianosing issues with your leaves and plants
https://www.--------------------/Thanks-ThankYou.htm

Everything you need to know about nutrient types
https://www.igrowhydro.com/InfoSheets/InfoSheet-Nutrients.pdf

I hope all of this helps!!

thanks for the info nycebudz. im going to pick up some perlite like u suggested tomorrow. also i checked the soil, i have an old fashion ph tester (non digital) and it only shows the whole number so you have to kinda guess what the correct reading is but the soil is always in between the six and seven when i test it. can a ph tester test the water too or what do i need to get to check the water levels? i read these plants will do just fine with 24 hours of light all the time because there autoflowering, this is just what i have read so i have been keeping fluorescents on them constantly with lots of air flow.....is this not a good thing to do? just a few questions i had on my mind so i thought id clear everything up. thanks XD

Hey 420girl101, About your light cycle...I would suggest you bring it down to 18/6. Autoflowers should have a darkness period and it should be left at 18/6 for it's whole life.

thanks for the info nycebudz. im going to pick up some perlite like u suggested tomorrow. also i checked the soil, i have an old fashion ph tester (non digital) and it only shows the whole number so you have to kinda guess what the correct reading is but the soil is always in between the six and seven when i test it. can a ph tester test the water too or what do i need to get to check the water levels? i read these plants will do just fine with 24 hours of light all the time because there autoflowering, this is just what i have read so i have been keeping fluorescents on them constantly with lots of air flow.....is this not a good thing to do? just a few questions i had on my mind so i thought id clear everything up. thanks XD[/

I have no problem helping you out and answering your questions anytime. Your going to get perlite?.. Thats perfect, I was looking at your soil and it look like your using a potting mix. I've used M.G Potting mix before on a cheese strain and my plant was yellowing like your kush plant if I was you I would get some potting soil because potting soil and potting mix are two different soils and then add perlite if not then just mix the perlite with the soil you have now If your on a budget just grab what is necessary, for a water PH tester you can get PH test papers that cost $7 but it will only show you what your water PH level is at, if you want to adjust your water levels then I would suggest getting a PH control starter control kit made by (General Hydroponics) it cost about $20 it has everything you need from adjusting the PH levels to a testing vile with a green solution that you drop about 3 drips it into the vile with the water your testing, the water will change color and on the bottle or the chart that comes with kit will tell you what your PH levels are. For your soil PH levels you can use what you have now or you can get a soil ph tester for about $6 it's called (Rapitest) soil tester it check all 4, Ph, N. P. and k levels. (Rapitest) also has a ph soil tester for $6 that only checks the PH of the soil and a soil test kit for about $18 that does the same check all 4 levels. For your lighting scheduel you can leave it for now on 24hrs. since it seems you check on them alot and like to watch them grow. As soon as you see signs of improvement try to get them on a 18/6 sched. For now this should get you started in the right direction and If your getting perlite an you end up getting M.G perlite I would flush them thoroughly with hot water through a strainer until you see all the nutes and brown stuff wash off. When you see the water clear run off from the bottom then the nutes and everything has been flushed it's good to go to use it with your mix but I highly suggest and recommend that you get Fox Farm Ocean Forest potting soil or M.G potting soil not Potting Mix you don't want that mulchy, wood chip and bark looking stuff that potting mixes have especially when growing a autoflowering strain the perlite's help the rooting system alot. Hopefully this helps you I try making it as easy as possible and not to over think all the info. you was given. Power to the :thumb:

hello everyone sorry i havent been commenting back on the advice i have been trying to figure out my setup and have not had time to read the comments at the moment but i will later today. my quick question to everyone real quick is if i should keep the plants in the soil i am using now which is a compost blend? i dont know anything more than that about it but on the other hand i have potting soil that i will post a picture of to see if that would be better and repot them in. thanks!
23_day_old_monster_kush.jpg
3_day_old_mystery_seedling.jpg
potting_soil.jpg
the monster at the top i have no idea what went wrong with it but little brown spots on the leaves are noticable.....nutrient burn? and the next picture is of one of my 3 day old mystery seedling and the light got to close the first day and it burned the tips of the leaves but now the leaves are drooping so any ideas why it looks this way? and the last picture is of the potting soil i am thinking about repotting them into but i want to know what you guys think about it first. :morenutes:

don't re pot just yet just put them outside in a sunny but sheltered area, water every 3 days and wait for nature to do its best....while your waiting you can create a grow room !!!

don't re pot just yet just put them outside in a sunny but sheltered area, water every 3 days and wait for nature to do its best....while your waiting you can create a grow room !!!

well actually i was thinking about doing just that but the weather around here still gets really cold, cloudy and rainy and some days the temp doesnt get more than 60 and drops 20 degrees at night so they would not get enough sunlight that way.
i was thinking of making a grow box for the monster kush and the other 4 day old seedling. my 3 autoflowers and a 4 day old seedling are in a grow box with 3 fluorescent 75w tube lights that dont get hot at all and thats about all i know about the light other than the box the light came in said it was for (under cabinet plant grow lighting).... but staying on topic my babies absolutely thrive under these lights in the grow box and are growing like big bushy weeds (pun intended :)) and whats also amazing about these lights is that they are so safe around plants the fan leaves can be touching the lights all day and the lights stay cool and never burn the leaves, so im going to pick up 3 more of these light tomorrow for the monster kush and the other seedling and get rid of all the many 23w cfls i am using now for them and hopefully these guys will make a 180 recovery.
also im worried about the lighting sheduale for the seedlings (if they even need a light cycle yet at 4 days????) i have been keeping the monster kush on a 18/6 light scheduale because of how old it is and it wont grow anymore even though, believe it or not the monster kush is 24 days old which is INSANE for the size and condition of this plant but i have done the best i could for this little one and the results are always the same, no growth and the leaves have brown spots on it and looks to be that this one will just never progress but maybe with the help of the new lights i will be buying the little monster will see better days. :idea: o and i will be posting pictures in a few minutes of all of my plants to show the progress that has been made so far for these recovering plants so stay tuned!:popcorn:

Hello 420girl101....First, it would help everyone to help YOU if you follow the "New Grow thread posting rules"....I may have the name off, but it's something like that...and it tells you how exactly to start these grow journals and how to list all the things you are working with, like the strain, INDICA?, SATIVA? , RUDERALIS CROSS?, lighting, soil?, hydro?, rh & ph, type of grow system, day of veg or flower, any pests?, etc...and you won't know these answers unless you do the homework... They are all very important questions that we all use to communicate with each other the easiest and most efficient way. That way anyone who stops in, can, at a glance, look at your page and see what you are growing, where you are at with it, etc...( NOw since you didn't do it on your first page this time, just do it now! )
..I heard thru my buddy, xlr8, that you were a newbie, as we all once were, and I still am, even after 30 years of enjoying this wonderful herb and medicine. I can see the guys that have all chimed in to help you have given you TONS of info already, so I won't add anything else in that direction, except I will tell you this. I am a total reader, into learning, studying, and always wanting to know all I can about things I am going to buy, do, visit, and grow....
I can not stress to you enough that the success you are looking for will only come thru your own education of the subject at hand. (MY WHOLE FIRST GROW FAILED! I KILLED EVERY ONE, JUST BECAUSE I STILL HADN'T STUDIED ENOUGH!) This is the first time I, myself, am finishing a grow too, and inside is the hardest to deal withI think...you have to control the environment for your plants to live in, and know what exactly is going on with them, and, as I said before, you have to educate yourself. I can't stress that enough...This is just a weed, yes...but growing it inside, growing exotic strains that require special soil or nutrients, etc...changes the game. You get out of it what you put into it, just like everything else in life. Only through studying the excellent and FREE!!! information that is compiled into this one website alone, can you have a chance of having a trouble-free ( or relatively trouble-free!) grow and get a great harvest at the end!...
Don't get me wrong, girl! I'm NOT raggin' on ya at all!!! I hope it don't come out that way! I am SO Happy to see more girls on here finally! YEA!! I thought I was the only one!
SO! I hope you go check out my grows, the one I'm doing now is in it's 3rd week of flower, I got 7 girls outta 10 bag seeds! What are the odds??? (I got a secret trick I think I've developed to ensure more females....shhhhh!), but even I had some issues, STILL made rookie mistakes, and had a few seedlings die on me before I got the hang of it.And I attribute it to me STILL not spending enough time studying on here. I studied for 6 months on here reading journals all day, every day, and, I still killed that first grow. I don't think any of us are really ready, until we just jump in with both feet and DO IT!!! But I give ya props for doing it on your own, and coming to this excellent online community here at 420mag.com to do it with! We will all help someone who is sincerely helping themselves and trying very hard to learn all they can on here....It really shows that you are serious. The older and most respected people will only chime in if you are really trying to learn on your own and just ask relevant questions for more clarification or whatever, you know? Not just on here asking for "free info"...that's when someone just pops on and starts asking stupid and basic questions outta the blue looking for a short cut and they don't do any homework of their own, they want us to furnish them with the answers instead, well, that don't fly on here, and those guys get ignored! lol! Anyways, so when people like us are studying hard, and really trying to do our best, we WILL get that help, and that's why I LOVE this site! Sorry for the long post, just trying to help! I'm subbed to your grow, so feel free to ask me anything...I'm glad to help!!! Brightest Blessings Sister! :goodluck::popcorn:

Well, I am just trying to help, and I hope that she understands what we are all trying to tell her about the necessity to READ, READ, READ, STUDY, STUDY, STUDY, AND LEARN, LEARN, LEARN! Cuz you can't learn too much, ever! And nothing worthwhile ever comes easy...or free!
Well Said RVGRower!!!

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom