Droopy plants, Dont know why

datrippp

002409.JPG

001373.JPG

Ok, I cant figure out why my ladies look so sad & droopy.. Its both the soil, & the hydro.
Ph is good, tds is good, the last few days it has been cold, it has gotten down to 65 during lights out, Lights on is usually about 82. They are 2 weeks in flower, And Tonight Im giving them advanced nutrients conoisseur.. Any Ideas why they look so sad.. Please help if you can. They are in a 6x6x6 tent, with a 600w HPS..

the hydro runs 1 min on, 5 min off, the soil was just given a full gal, mon afternoon. Its in a 3 gal pot.. This is my first run with this hydro setup, Its one of stinkbuds.. Should I give it a bit more off time maybe? If so, Im guessing try just a couple min's at a time difference... Thanks for the input stink..

the hydro runs 1 min on, 5 min off, the soil was just given a full gal, mon afternoon. Its in a 3 gal pot.. This is my first run with this hydro setup, Its one of stinkbuds.. Should I give it a bit more off time maybe? If so, Im guessing try just a couple min's at a time difference... Thanks for the input stink..

I think that's the way I would lean for now. More off time. Watering every 5 mins just seems like a whole lot, but I don't have a ton of experience with Aero.

Damn, wish I could help you on the soil, but again have no real experience.

Be watching man!

Sf

Hey man. I dont think tht your on/off time has anything to do with it other than maybe effecting water temps. An aeroponic is called 'Aeroponics' because the spray super oxygenates the water and no off time is needed or recommended unless your reservoir is small to were the pump is heating the water too high. about 75 degrees or lower is were you should be. I run Aeroponic setups like that on constant. no timer. and have wicked results. If both your eroponic AND soil plants are droopy it is possible that they have cross contaminated with a root pathogen. (fungus or bacteria in the roots.) In which case you could add a light mix of H2O2 (3% I believe, someone correct me if I'm wrong here) or beneficial bacteria like bacillus subtilis or other beneficials. General Hydroponics sells a mix of beneficials called GH Subculture that comes in little disolveable packets that will work well in both hydro and soil. Really though, there is a bunch of diferent but similar products out there that would help if this is the case.

..anyways. do you know what your water temps are? I doubt thats the cause since the soil plants are doing this too, but just curious. If anything running your aero for longer on time should help a bit unless like I said, water temps get too much above 75 or so.

good luck man.

you betcha. just sharing the info. Thanx for the Rep guys. You know, also, I thought that I'd throw in that Some strains do that sometimes just because. I have White Rhino that seems to droop a bit in early bloom sometimes. I think its because she starts out kinda frail looking with small stems and bigger leaves. She's a whiney brat really, but really turns out some nice fat yummy nugs. just really needy. ...Just thought I'd throw that out too.

thanx again for the reps. I'll keep an eye out and hope that you get them aiming towards the light.

JL- This is just some good bagseed I grew in soil, & these are clones from them. Next is gonna be Lemon Skunk, & Rocklock..

SF- Yes, I have a fan that sweeps across them all day & night.

Thinking about it also, I do believe the last few I grew did look kinda sad also. I looked at a couple pics and theyre looking real similar..
Thanx guys...

I'm a newbie myself, but your plants remind me of a problem I had on my first grow.

I tried growing pure Thai sativas in an NFT system, not too unlike yours. I was flowering 2 female adults and 4 small clones. At the same time I was flowering some hybrids in DWC.

One night I lost air-conditioning. I live in a warm climate and the loss of air-conditoning sent all my plants into shock.

Every plant recovered except my 2 tall Thais in the NFT. When I pulled the cover off the NFT system, it became obvious that the 2 large female Thais simply could not draw enough water out of the NFT system to recover.

If you have just upped your nutes, you might also be getting nute lock-out. If you are sure that nutes are not the problem , recommend that you increase water flow to your plants. DWC may be a better system for your plants if they are fast growing large rooted plants.

Good luck,
Searcher

I have three plants in soil and three in hydro in flower ATM, temps get down to 60 at night, my auto flower in soil is the only one that does that but perks right up after an hour or so of lights on, just thought I`d throw that out there, peace and goog luck!

Red Diesel,

Thanks for the "plant abuse" link. I think I just found the answer to the problem I am currently having with one strain.

Given your handle (Red Diesel), I figure you might have some advice for me? I am just starting to grow (still in early seedling stage) red diesels for the first time. Are they heavy feeders or light? Any strain specific issues that I need to look out for?

Thanks,
Searcher

Back
Top Bottom