Droopy yellowing from top

Gor4n

420 Member
Hello,

After 10 years of growing outdoors, I'm now a bit confused this time. I've got 2 girls outdoor, both very big and tall ( about 2,5m high), both started to flower (first one already mid flower, second one just started). Last week and a half, both plants turned yellow at the top fan leaves, that are closer to the main stem, you can also see drooping and canooing.

First of all, they are not underwatered, we got rainy days now almost for a week, if its not raining, they are watered at least every day or every second day. No problems until they started to flower. I was adding nutes, first just for growth, with more nitrogen, at the moment I'm mixing it with flowering nutes (more phosphorus and so on...).

To me, they look underwatered but I don't think thats the case. Then I thought about nitrogen toxicity or deficiency...hmm..the thing is, the leaves are yellowing at the top and seem very poor, but at the bottom perfect or even too dark green (thats why I'm still considering nitrogen toxicity, but at the top it seems defficiency????).

They are planted directly in the ground, never problems with it, also fertilizing the soil every year at end of winter. We got very good soil here.

Added some pics. What the fuck is happening? I think this is too much yellowing even for flowering stage.

Hope somebody has some experience with that :') or mybe there is already the same thread, but I didnt find it. Sorry if thats the case.

Thanks in advance!

20210831_155227.jpg

20210831_155219.jpg

20210831_155213.jpg

20210830_163847.jpg

Sulfur, Iron or Molybdenum or quite possibly all three which may also hinder Phosphorous uptake
Hard to tell without a close up of a leaf to see veins, tips, stems etc
A deep watering with seaweed/micros + CaMg on a regular basis may well help
Could also be high pH which a dose of Sequestrine will resolve

Sulfur, Iron or Molybdenum or quite possibly all three which may also hinder Phosphorous uptake
Hard to tell without a close up of a leaf to see veins, tips, stems etc
A deep watering with seaweed/micros + CaMg on a regular basis may well help
Could also be high pH which a dose of

I will post a close up picture of the leaves tommorow, it's night here right now, hope you will see it and thanks for the tip already! :)

Please use the 'Reply' button so we know to whom you are replying :Namaste:
Sorry for that, I somehow messed it up

So here you go, got some close up pictures, hope they are good enough, if not just tell me and I will make more :) The greener pictures are from the bottom half of the plants, and the more yellow and droopy are from the upper half....

Thanks for the help!

20210901_141949.jpg

20210901_141942.jpg

20210901_141935.jpg

20210901_141919.jpg

20210901_141910.jpg

20210901_141858.jpg

20210901_141846.jpg

I'm fairly confident that is a P deficiency going into flower
A huge plant like that will need a bucket-load of nutes so give it a whack with micros/NPK/CaMg or at least top dress with blood, fish and bone meal
@copperrein does some fantastic outdoor grows, maybe she'll stumble across this and give a second opinion

I'm fairly confident that is a P deficiency going into flower
A huge plant like that will need a bucket-load of nutes so give it a whack with micros/NPK/CaMg or at least top dress with blood, fish and bone meal
@copperrein does some fantastic outdoor grows, maybe she'll stumble across this and give a second opinion
Thank you so much, I was sure it must be either deficiency or too much of something, I'm always adding a bit less of nutes (had some bad experiences ofc :) ) than recommended on the label, maybe this time I rly didn't feed enough. Will add what you recommended

Looking forward from your friends opinion also :D

Thanks for the help, hope I will fix them, never dissapointed on this forum :)

Heyo! Your plant looks just like my Sour Diesel and White Widow. I've been feeding stupid amounts of Terpinator (0-0-4) and haven't seen much improvement. From my googlings I've read that some sativas just start cannibalizing their fanleaves sooner than less sativa-y strains. I still see buds being built on mine so I've kind of accepted it. Sorry I couldn't be more help!.

Heyo! Your plant looks just like my Sour Diesel and White Widow. I've been feeding stupid amounts of Terpinator (0-0-4) and haven't seen much improvement. From my googlings I've read that some sativas just start cannibalizing their fanleaves sooner than less sativa-y strains. I still see buds being built on mine so I've kind of accepted it. Sorry I couldn't be more help!
Hey, that is also true, buds are still developing, I was worried that it might stop too soon because of that :) thanks for the reply anyways, I will try to add some more nutes and see if it gets better, the, are really big, I guess thats the downside of planting directly in the ground, you don't know exactly how.much you need :D

Thanks for your kind help and wish you luck for your plants!

Back
Top Bottom