Dry room setup?

Mattfromthelou

420 Member
So I'm looking for tried and true growers advice. Trying to complete my dry room for the best results. I have a 2ft x 8ft x 9ft tall room that I built next to my grow room. Its sealed air tight, no light and stays at 74 degrees according to my inkbird temperature and humidity controller. Currently that's it. No fans or holes for air flow. Debating on how to go about this. Should I put my dehumidifier inside and vent the exhaust into my grow room. Do I need a small fan inside or maybe cut a hole for the small fan to pull in fresh air. I'm really just not sure and hoping someone knows alot on the subject and can shed some knowledge for me.
20210602_174048.jpg
20210602_174048.jpg
20210602_174014.jpg
20210602_174033.jpg
20210602_174101.jpg

I like to start with bud washing here’s link Bud washing dry hang for 4 hours and then start moving forward. Mostly I split my harvest and do 50% traditional dry hang and into jars for burping and the other half gets low & slow fridge curing. This way if one batch sucks, goes moldy or dries too fast I still have options.

Part depends if you hang whole plant as I do or break it down into colas & long stemmed buds. Vague answers no doubt because every setup varies but....

Sealed room sounds too tight -air exchange helps, prefer fan moving air but not pointed at the harvest. I typically avoid dehuey for dry cure phase but that might change if I were curing 6 large plants in a small space at one time

dont trust just one hygrometer in your drying room, use mini hygrometers in jars, also avoid dipping below 60 rh

others will jump in later with their tips

For the best dry/cure the room needs to be about 63 degrees and humidity about 55//60 for about 12 days plus, you also want to hang the plant whole to give you a little longer dry time, you need a bit of air exchange but not alot to help prevent mold issues, need to keep a eye out for this. This might be hard to achieve but if you do you most time this will dry and cure at the same time, ready to smoke.

For the best dry/cure the room needs to be about 63 degrees and humidity about 55//60 for about 12 days plus, you also want to hang the plant whole to give you a little longer dry time, you need a bit of air exchange but not alot to help prevent mold issues, need to keep a eye out for this. This might be hard to achieve but if you do you most time this will dry and cure at the same time, ready to smoke.
I'm going to need to invest in a proper drying area if all my current plants make it to harvest SO...

say I grow trees (prolly wont, but I'm hoping), is there a tribal knowledge chunk addressing how to cut down a large plant for even drying?

Back
Top Bottom