Drying and curing questions

Strutt

I’m a new grower, have one plant that’s almost 8 weeks into flower. I plan on hang drying the whole plant. 5 days at 65% humidity and another 3-5 days at 50%. Should I put the dried buds in bags for a couple weeks before I put them in glass jars? I hear it’s a good transition to help curing.

You should hang them @ 60f/60rh for 2 weeks, maybe more. Then jar em up. No need to burp.

You heard somewhere on the internet that putting them in jars when the buds are moist and “burping” “cures” your weed? It doesn’t. It slow drys the weed which is good-but it isn’t cured. Cured weed kinda looks like cured meat and the high gets enhanced.

Thanks. So from chop, how long until I have great tasting, smokable buds?
2 weeks—maybe 20 days. Depends if it’s haze or Indica. Get the rh of the bud down to 58–60%, slowly, then jar. It’ll be a bit spicy for a few days but will mellow over time.

Absolutely no need to burp. Burping has you put the weed away wet. Too wet.
You wait for the outside of the bud to feel crispy—too hot too fast—jar it and moisture from inside the bud works it’s way out to the leaves. Open the jar for a while— crispy feel—jar and repeat till you get down to 60 rh. Somehow this is what all the kids call curing. Curing involve moisture, heat, and eliminating O2.

Your drying area locked in at 60/60 is like a perpetual jar. You can leave your weed in that environment with proper air exchange hanging uncovered forever.

Thanks. My basement stays pretty consistently 65 degrees, 60% rh. I have fans, dehumidifier, hygrometer, air conditioning if needed. So the two week dry should crisp the buds. Then jars with hygrometers to keep an eye on the humidity.

Back
Top Bottom