Drying temps and RH?

meffa

I've been drying my first harvest in my tent and the temp has been 66-68F and R/H around 60-62%. I had thought this would be perfect for a nice slow dry, but I'm wondering if the humidity is too high? There's plenty of air movement in the tent but I don't want to screw this up and end up with mold if my humidity is too high.

that sounds about right to me... its going to dry pretty fast in there with all the air movement and i dont think you will have any trouble with mold
Is it better to have low air movement? I have tower fans in each corner, though the buds are above the fans and aren't being directly hit by breeze.

I get a much better slow dry when I don't have constant fan action and am using the tent as a moisture lock so that I can get a slow dry. I turn on the fans for 5 minutes at the top and bottom of the hour to move any loose moisture out of there, but other than that, I want it to be humid it there... not too humid, but enough so that I am not actively pulling the moisture out of the buds. They are chopped and hanging... they are going to dry, and I don't think they need any extra help. I am doing what I can to slow down the process to a reasonable level. I shoot for 5 days and celebrate when I can get 7, but the slower the initial dry, the better the cure goes.

I get a much better slow dry when I don't have constant fan action and am using the tent as a moisture lock so that I can get a slow dry. I turn on the fans for 5 minutes at the top and bottom of the hour to move any loose moisture out of there, but other than that, I want it to be humid it there... not too humid, but enough so that I am not actively pulling the moisture out of the buds. They are chopped and hanging... they are going to dry, and I don't think they need any extra help. I am doing what I can to slow down the process to a reasonable level. I shoot for 5 days and celebrate when I can get 7, but the slower the initial dry, the better the cure goes.
Ah ok, got it. I've been drying for about 9 days now. I put some small stuff in jars that I thought was ready but the humidity was still a little high so I put them back out on a hanging net that I have.

Do you have a particular humidity number that you're ok jarring at, or one that says not ready? I think I heard someone say they burp down to the right humidity, which sounds like they're jarring above their final number.

Back
Top Bottom