DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

Don’t you still need to rotate the buds in the jar/bucket though? This burps the jar for you but I don’t think you can leave your buds, you’ll still need to rotate the buds every time it burps
My buds don’t really smell again. They are at 69% humidity in jars atm slowly getting it down now... I hope it comes back otherwise I don’t know how I’m gonna improve the smell and taste of my buds

I put the bud in the jar. After the 1st burp I turn the jars upside down. I leave them alone for 24 hours. I lightly thimble the jar before opening. This has help me when I dried a little too long.

You'll have to keep turning them over in the bucket or only the top buds will dry. Even with fans on top pointing into each on, there's very little air circulation as you head away from the top few inches.
Ok cheers I thought the buds would suck moisture out of other buds like what would happen if it was sealed. I’ll get them out of bucket and back on racks in the morning

I can't say no bad effects as less volatile terpines will be floating off (there may be other bad effects as well), but I can tell you for certain they will not be over dried! They also will not have started the cure.
How do they not start the cure if they are 60%. That bit I can never understand. A sealed bucket at 60% vs a room at 60% what’s the difference?

I believe the lack of air exchange is what allows the microbes to get to work. Feel free to try it though. Leave an ounce in the open air at 60% for a month and an ounce sealed in a jar at 60% for a month and see which smells and tastes better in the end...for science!

Open air won’t smell better. I know that much as open air will allow the smell to float away sealed won’t. I suppose that may be the reason for the sealed jars. Microbes may still break down chlorophyll but all good smell will float away

Back
Top Bottom