Durban Passion 3rd week seem to be small?

benztheblues4

4x32w CFLs and 1x42w CFLs (about 5 inches far from plants) light cycle 24/0 and sometime 18/6
2 small fan
grow in soil with organic mixture
runoff water is constantly 8.0 even though i've tried to drop ph level of water i give them to about 6.2. I'm still observing for changes.

19867147_1352376828163889_1605863213_o.jpg

the first one seem to grow with out any significant problem that noticeable. it's recently start to grow faster but still small and seem bushy.

19893979_1352376871497218_971171734_o.jpg

the second plant got note burn and lose couple pair of leaves. and it seem to grow out of it healthily.

my question is: Are they growing too slow? or Are they to short/small for 3 weeks old plants?

a newbie need some help here :D

(curious why those leaves of each plant are different. they are both Durban Passion from Dutch Passion)

Yes, they are definitely growing slower than they should be.
Five CFLs should be enough to get them started (though not to take them all the way through flowering) so light's not the issue (though I would recommend choosing one light cycle and sticking to it).

Assuming you're not overwatering, that leaves your "soil with organic mixture" and/or water as the problem.

Good quality soil that drains well is absolutely critical for success. So is good water.

What is the pH of your water?
How many PPM is your water?
What is that soil made of? Does it have sand, vermiculite, or perlite mixed in to help it drain and provide air?

I would suggest immediately :
  • Repotting into much larger pots (2 gallons minimum), ideally fabric pots, with cannabis-quality soil (for example Fox Farms Ocean Forest) with 20% added perlite.
  • Measure your water's pH and PPM. If necessary, switch to RO water (which will mean adding a Ca Mg supplement) and adjust pH as needed.
  • Look into buying more lighting. Consider a 450 watt LED grow light, just as a suggestion.
  • Read everything you can about cannabis culture both here and on YouTube. (Reading some grow logs is a great start.)
I hope that helps.

Yes, they are definitely growing slower than they should be.
Five CFLs should be enough to get them started (though not to take them all the way through flowering) so light's not the issue (though I would recommend choosing one light cycle and sticking to it).

Assuming you're not overwatering, that leaves your "soil with organic mixture" and/or water as the problem.

Good quality soil that drains well is absolutely critical for success. So is good water.

What is the pH of your water?
How many PPM is your water?
What is that soil made of? Does it have sand, vermiculite, or perlite mixed in to help it drain and provide air?

I would suggest immediately :
  • Repotting into much larger pots (2 gallons minimum), ideally fabric pots, with cannabis-quality soil (for example Fox Farms Ocean Forest) with 20% added perlite.
  • Measure your water's pH and PPM. If necessary, switch to RO water (which will mean adding a Ca Mg supplement) and adjust pH as needed.
  • Look into buying more lighting. Consider a 450 watt LED grow light, just as a suggestion.
  • Read everything you can about cannabis culture both here and on YouTube. (Reading some grow logs is a great start.)
I hope that helps.

My water's pH is adjustable but the runoff water was about 8.2, which is way to alkaline right?. so i water them with (a lot of) 6.0'ph water and measured the runoff again, it hasn't changed. the pH still the same. I don't have PPM measurer yet, sorry. i think my problem might be the pH thing.

Yeah, that's pretty alkaline alright. As you probably know, a better range for cannabis is about 2 points lower. Maybe they formulated it with a lot of lime for some reason? I think you need different soil. (And BTW, I don't know what you mean by adjustable ph on the H2O.)

Defiantly growing slow, but that happens sometimes. Plants don't need many nutrients at the start so I wouldn't think the ph would be that big of a deal. My runoff is 7.8 and I'm having a very hard time getting it down but my plant is growing like a weed.

I've moved it to a (lot) bigger pot since that they seem to grow even slower but still look not significantly bad. It has been about a month but look kinda small. it has about 3 nodes so far but the space between nodes are kinda short. I don't know what should i do. just waiting patiently with a little hope. (It's so slow T_T)

Back
Top Bottom