DWC Bulky Autos!

Droopydroors

It's been a good bit since I've posted but I just wanted to share my newest grow cycle. This is my 3rd run with DWC. The first went ok but the second failed horribly. I believe the issue in the second cycle was caused by bad air hose that I purchased on amazon. It had mostly good reviews but after continuous issues I went back and there was a 1 star review from someone using it in DWC and had the same issues I did, leaching. You can actually smell the hose and it's horrible. After switching it out before this grow I haven't had any of the same issues. But I think I finally figured some things out. I will continue to update to the harvest.

Here are the stats:

All Autos
3x Gorilla Cookies ( Fast Buds )
1x Critical XL ( Seedsman )
DWC w/ RO system ( Home Master Hydro Gardener w/ calmag delivery system - a pretty inexpensive RO drip system )
Canna Aqua Nutrients
2 airstones Per bucket
Room Temps steady around 75f - 78f

I popped all the seeds in rock wool in a small starter environment. Once the roots broke the bottom I transferred into the bucket with 6" net pots. About 3" hydroton on bottom, place the seedling and filled up to the top with more hydroton. Three and a half to four gallons of light nutrient water in the bucket (about one inch below net). For the first two weeks I scoop a few cups of the solution from the bucket and water the hydroton from the top, 2 times a day. I found this to be pretty important to do until you see your roots reach the solution. If it isn't done I find that growth is quite slow. Even though the solution is splashing up from below the hydroton is not a good wicking material so this just helps things along. I also should note that I've grown Autos exclusively since 2017 usually in soil or coco and always used at most 1/2 of the recommended nutrient schedule mainly because that's what I've read and been advised from many people and forums. This time I have been going full strength from seed and haven't had any issues with burning. This is also the first time I ever used Canna nutrients, so maybe they are just a better nutrient or they have there schedules set appropriately. Either way they are loving it! From their website you can fill in all your info and pick light, normal or high nutrients. I use the light schedule. I feed once a week and top up with RO water with Calmag through out the week when the water level is down to about 2 gallons. This will fluctuate depending on the time of the grow. For the first month I would top up around once a week but now the girls are drinking about 1.5 to 2 gallons every day. At the end of the week I dump each bucket and put in fresh solution. But it's getting pretty hard to dump the buckets because the size of the plants. Can I just let them go down to like 1 or .5 of a gallon and just refill with new nutrient solution? I ph to around 5.8 - 6.0 and adjust back to those levels during the top offs during the week. There are some swings in ph during that time. If the ph swings low I adjust it back on the higher end around 6.3 - 6.5 and if it swings high I adjust back to the lower end around 5.5 - 5.8. This lets the plant get all the nutrient uptake at the different ph levels. My next run I will be switching to the Canna Substra line after receiving info stating it works better with DWC and holds better ph levels ( I will post my next run ).

Nutrients I use in this order:

Vegetative Stage -
4 gallons RO water
7ml Humboldt's Secret Tree Trunk Silicate
wait about 30 minutes (not sure if this is needed but I read its good to do)
21ml - 36ml of each Part A & B Canna Aqua Veg( starting at week 2 - 27ml and working to 42ml by end of veg )
20ml Calmag
7ml Hydrogaurd
PPM - 600 - 900 ( from beginning to end with calmag being about 160-200ppm of that number)

Flowing Stage -
4 gallons RO water
7ml Humboldt's Secret Tree Trunk Silicate
wait about 30 minutes (not sure if this is needed but I read its good to do)
45ml of each Part A & B Canna Aqua Flowering ( starting at around week 8 - 11 depending on the plant )
20ml Calmag
7ml Hydrogaurd
PPM - 800 - 1100 ( I am at around 950 in this current grow - this is including the 160-200ppm of calmag )

Thanks for looking and if you have any tips LET ME KNOW because I am always learning!!!

IMG_0313.jpeg

IMG_0314.jpeg

IMG_0309.jpeg

IMG_0310.jpeg

IMG_0311.jpeg

IMG_0312.jpeg

tempImage7nQweL.png

IMG_0318.jpeg

IMG_0320.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom