DWC First time trimming help needed

jeebuslifes

420 Member
Hi guys! My first grow and learning lots as I go. A single lady raising multiple feminized ladies,,.
Would like some suggestions whats optimal for max. growth. Co2 burner sitting here waiting.

I have 7 healthy plants 2.5 weeks old (gorilla glue sativa dom. hybrid, very tall according to seller)
The ladies are atm in a single 52liter resevoir but will be transported when bigger, 2 plants each in 3x 52l resevoirs and a single one in a 52l resevoir. Had 10 seeds but I fucked up RH and now I have 7 healthy ones.

So Now I am wondering what pruning techniques are the best to maximize yields considering this scenario? That is few tall plants with enough space, 2x2x2meter tent. Will be getting meshes soon. Just wondering on mesh size and how many for very tall plants.
Topping vs Fimming? Thinking also 1000ppm co2 out veg and lower towards bloom. But when to introduce co2? Also would it be a good idea to use toppings cuttings as clones in the resevoirs not being used?

I'm using a combination of 6400k cfls and led bulbs to keep electricity and heat down. The led's are drawing 20w each according to my meter. I have two plants that are covered just by the LED's but not cfl+led and they look just as good at this stage. Not super scientific but some anecdote.

Thanks !!

Oh man you got my head swimming reading that! Not sure on most all of that but if you want 6' plants you're gonna need more light! How bout a pic?

Oh man you got my head swimming reading that! Not sure on most all of that but if you want 6' plants you're gonna need more light! How bout a pic?

There's the height of the plant's containers and the minimum space between tops of plants and bottom of light (also from top of light to ceiling) to take into consideration; plants won't be any taller than the rest of us get indoors (grows in warehouses and rooms with cathedral ceilings don't count, lol).

But you're right about needing a lot of light, as she is going to be supplementing with a significant amount of CO2 - and, of course, the plants aren't going to take advantage of that without intense light levels (and fairly high temperatures).

Ok, Ive got 14 led bulbs and 3 cfl's on hand. The thought was to have the bulbs above while the cfl's are vertical in between. Guess I need more CFLS then.
Here is the spectrum for the bulb:
af1bb92f25.jpg

So I just measured the co2 ppm and its 850 without using any co2. Temp is 24-26 celcius and 50% humidity. Thinking of using co2 not this time, 850 should be enough right?

So I want to go with uncle bens topping creating 4 (or2??) colas from each plant, having 3 plants in a single resevoir, all at one side , creating a wall which will face another one like it from another identical mirrored resevoir (total 2x3 plants) and right in between those walls have ("sandwiched") hanging cfl's (360*radiation) (6 or 9, three levels, starting with 1 level adding levels as the plant heightens). Probably gonna need to do some LST to get them to stay uniform(easier with 2 colas right?). Resevoirs will need to be rather close to eachother which is no problem. Probably gonna use the LEDs from the top. Found a good cheap solution for tall support for the ladies and something to hang the lights from. Its also sweet to get 6 ready to use clones. Measured co2 again, and now only 600ppm. Will use co2.

The CFL's I have are 6400k(3x atm) but the LED's (14x) are very red dominant- wondering if I will need to buy bloom specced red CFL's when blooming.

Back
Top Bottom