DWC in muck? Sorry baked thoughts coming out

Remystemple

I was just thinking about a DWC system but the buckets would have coco as well as water, it'd be like a runny muck almost. I wonder if this would be any better or worse or no dif at all.

this is what i get when i wait till after work to smoke :p

Hmm... Why? I like aquarium power heads in my DWC reservoirs (best aerators, IMHO, and also inexpensive & dead simple devices), and a bunch of, well, crap in the reservoir might clog up the impeller pump. A proper DWC setup doesn't need (non-nutritional) solids in it. All you really need is something to hold the plant. That's usually some kind of net pot, cup, et cetera - that, yes, has some kind of media in it for stabilization - but that (again, "IMHO") doesn't belong in the reservoir. And, in truth, even that isn't strictly necessary; it's just that other solutions such as clamping directly onto the plant's trunk/stem will likely be far more unwieldy and have a much greater potential to damage the plant.

I can understand the urge to experiment - and I'm all for it. Especially if you are a young person or have a young person's heart and mind (hopefully, not in jars on the shelf ;) ). But if you perform this particular experiment, I suggest you only devote a small portion of your lighting footprint to it, for I fear it will not go well. But I'd be happy to be proven wrong - that's one of the ways that we learn new things, and I'm all for that!

Back
Top Bottom