Dye in the water?

Linkorien

i began to wounder if putting dye i he water or soil would change the color of the plant at all so i thought i would join and get on this board

I have been reading the posts around hear for some time now and find that,
so many of the members hear are incredibly intelligent people.
and that we have such a negative effect on the stereotype of lazy and dumb

i love it:ganjamon:

I used Peters 20-20-20 for years (it has a deep blue dye), in a commercial greenhouse and other than staining my hands and clothes, never saw a blue plant from it. :rofl:

Think about it. If it actually worked, we would have seen different colored plants in nursery's long ago.

Shouldn't hurt anything to try though.
:welcome:

DD

DD I'm thinking there's a chance it may work.

You know how people like to add food colouring to their vases of flowers which end up turning the flowers a different colour? Maybe that's different because the stems have been snipped which allows the flowers to uptake water directly into the stem rather than having to be absorbed through the roots or leaves.

I wanna see if this works, in fact f#ck it, I'm mixing some food colouring into my water next time my seedlings need a drink.

:ganjamon:

DD I'm thinking there's a chance it may work.

You know how people like to add food colouring to their vases of flowers which end up turning the flowers a different colour? Maybe that's different because the stems have been snipped which allows the flowers to uptake water directly into the stem rather than having to be absorbed through the roots or leaves.
If that's ur theory, try it next time u take cuttings for clones.

So how did that blue rose peddle experiment go ..lol

I believe that the dyeing the perform in Florists shops is for dyeing white flowers different colors by adding a dye to the water. I've seen some really unnatural flower colors that resulted from that, but I believe it's only going to work on very low pigment flowers, like daisys. I suppose you might be able to adulterate the color of the pistil's on the flowers, but I'm not sure what benefit that would be since they chance colors naturally to red, and orange...

yep, it works, if curious. you can even bump up the aroma and flavor by adding vanilla extract, orange, strawberry, any type of extract that you would find in a grocery store there are tons.
about a week or 2 before your about to harvest, you should start flushing your plants with strictly ph'd water. once youve picked the day that your going to cut down the crop, throw a few tbs of the extract in the water and wait 1-2hrs, if you have a relatively big plant ad a bit more time, the plant sucks it up, and when it drys your left with a hint of vanilla flavor and scent

elegent gold responce ..lol

im planing to start this idea in my new grow and im going to start my journal in a few days =)
ALL WILL BE REVEALED!

yep, thanks Chicagojoe, thats what i were i found it. i knew i wasnt crazy

Back
Top Bottom