Early harvest

MOe1983

Hi guys this is my first grow i have 2 pakistan valley fem growing under a 1000watt hps they are on there 5th week of flower and i need help spotted spider mites on leaves they have not spread to the buds but i wanted to harvest it before they got to the buds. Would it be wise to harvest now and cut my losses or is my grow done for???? Any feed back is welcome and appreciated....

I'm only replying because no one else has! If I offer advice, others will then correct me, thus you will have your answer!

I am also growing PV, for the first time, but that doesn't help you. As for your bugs, there are natural bug killers, that can be sprayed on the plant. But, I doubt you have the time to order and receive some. Otherwise, I would go ahead and harvest to get what you can from the plants.

Switch to vaping and you will grind up your buds. So, that way your buds can't look bad! Honestly, it is MUCH safer and just as effective, if not better. You get much more from the same amount. (I just fell off the darn soap box!)

Hi guys this is my first grow i have 2 pakistan valley fem growing under a 1000watt hps they are on there 5th week of flower and i need help spotted spider mites on leaves they have not spread to the buds but i wanted to harvest it before they got to the buds. Would it be wise to harvest now and cut my losses or is my grow done for???? Any feed back is welcome and appreciated....
How bad are mites? There are a few organic recipe's on the site to help with mites. I would look into that before cutting

Jimdogggy

Hey there mate.
Sorry to hear about the mites that sucks :( if you could get some pics up that would help people help you. Also i noticed you said you are 5weeks in, which is over half way on most strains but you need to realise that when the breeder put 8/9 weeks on the strain that is for optimal performance and perfect environment. From what I have learnt, which is mostly from this site as I too am on my first grow lol, is that you will probably need another week or too if you have had ANY problems as they cause stress no matter how big or small thus slowing growth. So you could be short changing yourself, alot. Like I said people we need to see pics mate and if you got a zoom or magnifier to check on the trichomes, if they are all mostly still see through then your going to cuss yourself when you try your first smoke. Like others have said there are many many solutions for mites , even home made fixes :) so all in all my friend I would try my hardest to sort the mites out as you have come this far. Like you said they are only a few at the minute so will be easier to fix. Don't get discouraged at all, it's mother nature :) bugs like plants lol.
Peace Love and Respect.
Triggz.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Are there even any trichs visible at day 35? (therefore ? safe to spray now...and would it even be worth chopping down now?) I have used neem in flowering and also chilli spray (search calico spray) which I added neem and rosemary essential oil to. Used the chilli at day 49, so getting pretty late. Didn't get massive results in terms of volume but managed to finish without further pest trouble (also added some chives into the grow space as deterrent) so at least the flowers that did make it got nice and frosty with cloudy trichs.

Have read mixed opinions on spraying during flowering. I wash in H2O2, then lemon juice/bicarb solution then final rinse in water so hoping no residual nastiness on them when comes time to use! Good luck! Those mites are evil critters to be sure.

Hey there mate.
Sorry to hear about the mites that sucks :( if you could get some pics up that would help people help you. Also i noticed you said you are 5weeks in, which is over half way on most strains but you need to realise that when the breeder put 8/9 weeks on the strain that is for optimal performance and perfect environment. From what I have learnt, which is mostly from this site as I too am on my first grow lol, is that you will probably need another week or too if you have had ANY problems as they cause stress no matter how big or small thus slowing growth. So you could be short changing yourself, alot. Like I said people we need to see pics mate and if you got a zoom or magnifier to check on the trichomes, if they are all mostly still see through then your going to cuss yourself when you try your first smoke. Like others have said there are many many solutions for mites , even home made fixes :) so all in all my friend I would try my hardest to sort the mites out as you have come this far. Like you said they are only a few at the minute so will be easier to fix. Don't get discouraged at all, it's mother nature :) bugs like plants lol.
Peace Love and Respect.
Triggz.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks for the advice going to try a few things before i give up maybe i can buy a few more weeks before i have to chop them down

They are not bad just under a few fan leaves but they are starting to spread to other plants
You say spreading to other plants? Does That mean you could move the ones with mites? May be worth setting up a small space somewhere else with the mite plants recovering that way any plants without mites stay that Way. My advice is to find an organic spray and go for it, squish the ones you can see while you're at it (may only be one or two but it will help)

Jimdogggy

420-magazine-mobile1748370946.jpg
took my chances and chopped them down here is the best of them

Sent from my SM-T217S using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile1129898785.jpg
this is another that i had growing dont know what strain it was but i think sativa of some sort

Sorry about last post this is the strain that i dont know what type it was

I would personally chop the infested fan leaves and wash with one drop of unscented dawn soap into a gallon of water with a light scrubbing from your fingers with rubber gloves. The dawn soap will not affect the plant in any way. Be sure to rinse with plain water afterwards. Sorry you had to go through that. I went through that myself in my first grow, did the steps i stated and kept my grow area nice and clean.

Sent from Deez Nutz

Back
Top Bottom