Early signs of a problem or normal

Failwyn

Is the curling of the leaf edges an early sign of a problem or is this normal? First grow, 4 weeks old, FIMed 3 days ago (I think I FIMed the FIM). I look at the pictures of problems and deficiencies, but can’t tell the difference yet; I killed a bunch of strawberries and raspberries this summer; I may not be cut out for cultivating plants…

A67FE226-1FD7-4C7D-AFB3-E072F23FDB96.png

95237282-0EB2-41ED-A4C7-5A6F7219BE52.jpeg

4E18EE15-4B23-47E3-BB90-11CD2D1FE70A.jpeg

light a bit close perhaps?

I raised the light to 24 inches above the too today (raised it about 4 inches (I can go another 6 inches if I have to), Mars Hydro TS600), having trouble keeping the temp in the tent under 80; haven’t watered it in 3 days, the soil is starting to feel dry again; I use the Fox Farms trio, just using the first two right now at 1/2 tsp per gallon each; skipped the nutrients on the last watering. The strain is Harlequin if that matters.

I assume you moved the light because you thought that was causing the curling? If so, give it a day and see how it responds. You're using FF and in soil, correct? You haven't fed in 3 days? Feed them. I am a feed soil every day person. I used to use FF. Maybe give a shot of Cal-Mag, coloring seems like it's gonna want it soon. As for the curling...like I said, give it a day and see if that was your issue. I would assume so. You don't have a dimmer function on that model, I know, so maybe just that slight adjustment will alleviate the issue

Tons and tons to learn. You are in the best place though-I promise you! Start a journal so we can follow you easier, if you can. You can search journals in progress to see how others, including myself, format one.

Then add it to your signature so it can be seen by everyone!

InTheShed said:
From the RQS website:
HOW MUCH LIGHT DO YOUR CANNABIS PLANTS REQUIRE?
  • Clones and seedlings: 5,000–7,000 lux
  • Vegetative growth: 15,000–50,000 lux
  • Flowering: 45,000–65,000 lux
  • Maximum recommended amount of light: 75,000 lux
  • Dr. Meter LX1330B is what I use. Works from low light all the way to bright sunshine!

This lux reader can help you determine how far you should keep the TS600 from your plants, just follow the chart if you want to order the meter. I was given this information today and will be doing the same with it
Dr. Meter LX1330B is what I use. Works from low light all the way to bright sunshine!

Add more plants as a quick fix or get a humidifier to bring your RH back up.
I don’t have either so I just stuck a bowl of water in front of the fan; fingers crossed; gonna try to clone her tomorrow. I should have splurged for the extra $50 to get the programable exhaust fan…

Side note: Has anyone ever grown strawberries or other types of plants in the same tent? Does it affect flavor or smell of other plants?

So the exhaust fan on the lowest setting fixed the temperature problem (down to 70 degrees), but dropped the humidity to 25% ‍(Facepalm)
That's how it does...a lot invest like Backyard said, in humidifiers for this reason...sometimes I even turn my exhaust off completely but then you need to worry about too much humidity building up. It's a balance. The humidifier will help a lot

If I can get through this first harvest I’m gonna buy the upgraded controller for the fan and a humidifier; spent way more than I planned so far considering my history with growing things… I’m putting the clones in an old fish tank, so humidity isn’t a problem in there; what’s the minimum humidity you would go with for her at her current size?

If I can get through this first harvest I’m gonna buy the upgraded controller for the fan and a humidifier; spent way more than I planned so far considering my history with growing things… I’m putting the clones in an old fish tank, so humidity isn’t a problem in there; what’s the minimum humidity you would go with for her at her current size?
I would try to keep it around 55-60 no less if you can swing it. I know it all adds up...a lot of things like that go over looked when someone thinks of starting a grow.

My first grow had a few cheap small humidifiers Mahalo to Amazon haha.
You n me both!!! You don't want to know how much money I would have saved YTD using an Amazon credit card...I don't get one for that same reason :rofl: I get everything from there...wish they had a seafood and fresh meat dept

My first grow actually started in a memory foam bed box (1.75*1.75*4.5) just cuz I didn't think the seeds would sprout... but like the name intends, it grows like weeds. Then I found Amazon being more and more helpful finding good deals for ecclesiastical what I needed. Now that I'm getting back into growing, I'm sourcing everything from local grow shops used section/Craigslist/OfferUp really going for a bargain build this time. Getting back on track, use your imagination to think of short-term quick fixes be the best version of MacGyver you can be but if you can formulate a question, I'm 3000% sure your community here is at your disposal with ideas

Back
Top Bottom