Is it normal? Or this is nitrogen def problem?

weelover

Hi everyone. I am a noob and still learning how to grow. I have a plant growing under soil with a 5 gallon bucket.
Everything goes well until lately all new leaves at the bottom dried. Is it normal ? Or it is nitrogen deficiency problem ? Please help me. Thanks.

01-image.jpg

02-image.jpg

03-image.jpg

04-image.jpg

Hi Fusent, thanks for your reply. I water and nutrient everyday. And I am still at the vege stage.
I already made some clones and plan to let it to enter flowering stage. So I dont know if it is normal or not.

The plant looks very crowded. Was it "fimmed"? You might want to thin it out some extra branches.

As to the drying leaves, have you checked that the soil is uniformly moist? It may be dry under the surface, and need to be thoroughly watered. You may water every day, but still have dry spots underneath. Poke around with your finger, and see. Water until water runs out the drain holes, and let drain. (You do have drain holes, right?) If you do that, you should not need to water daily.

Nitrogen deficiency would show up as yellowing leaves, so I don't think that's the problem. If you are indeed fertilizing daily, it should be VERY LIGHT fertilizing, with a flush of water only every third or fourth watering. Do not overfertilize!

It could also need more light. Plant is stretching.

Wish you good luck!

Hi SparkNshred, thank you for your information and tip. I will look at the soil and see if it works. The plant looks crowded is because I only used 60watt grow light for the first month and i was planning to do hydroponic (failed of course). I was totally not prepared at the first month until my 900watt grow light shipped and I decided to grow with soil. I guess that could be the reason it looks "weird" LOL.

I have a question when you said "with a flush of water only every third or fourth watering" How to do it ? Sorry I am very new with growing. There is so much I have to learn. Thank you again.

salut
au vue de ta plante qui a bien tigée je dirai simplement que tout ce qui est en dessous de des belle branche ne prenne pas assez de lumiere je serais toi je soulagerai ma plante de tous les gourmand qui te donneront pas de grosse bud et j ecarterai les branche pour une meilleur penetration lumineuse attention au sur arrosage et évite de donner a boire avec des engrais sur tout les arrosages
peace

I have a question when you said "with a flush of water only every third or fourth watering" How to do it ? Sorry I am very new with growing. There is so much I have to learn. Thank you again.

By "flush" I simply mean water well without any fertilizer. You should always water enough that the water runs out the drain holes at the bottom. As I wrote, if you do that you will not need to water every day, but maybe only once a week. Watering once a day would seem to indicate that you are not watering enough with each watering.

With more light and correct watering, and maybe some thinning, it should straighten right out.

Good luck!

ganjahmanweeds's post translated seems to agree with me:

"Hi
in view of your plant that has stalked me just say that everything that is below the beautiful branch does not take enough light I would be you I will give my plant all greedy that not give you big bud and j ecarterai the branch for better light penetration to focus on watering and avoids giving a drink with fertilizers throughout waterings
peace

How's it going, weelover? Got that soil nice and moist? Lights closer? Thinned out? Backed off on the fertilizer?
Enquiring minds want to know! ;)

Hi SparkNShred, my plant is doing really good now. Not enough water was the problem causing leave drops. Now I put plenty water once in a few days. Thanks again! I am having 9 clones now and I will start to do the update. Hope you guys enjoy it and also please let me know you guys thinking.

Back
Top Bottom