Nitrogen posioning or deficiency?

Bliz1989

420 Member
Hey would you say its nitrogen deficient or nitrogen poisoning. I flushed the plant last night and these are the next day photos. I have plenty of nutrients on hand if need be. But im thinking i used too much worm casting soil in my medium when last transplanted. Appreciate any and all advice or thoughts.

Used fox farm ocean forest soil
FF nutrients (light feeding measurement per gallon water)
"Hawaiian super poop" worm castings mixed into medium.
Strain is Runtz

You've not uploaded any pictures. I saw that you hadn't added any to this thread, so I searched the forum's gallery under your user name, thinking I would see a photo or two of your sick plant, and post them from there to this thread for you... but there do not appear to be any in your "member gallery." Upload them there, and if you can't figure out how to insert them into a post, one of us will do it for you.

Sorry about that. Thank you

16588056656184543266080141213078.jpg

1658805686781360256524807641962.jpg

I’d say a little too much N, you’ve got some clawing and burning, but since you just did a flush it should work itself out. In the future try to find one line of nutes and use it to manufacturer instructions. When you start mixing you can easily cause unintended out comes.

Used fox farm ocean forest soil
FF nutrients (light feeding measurement per gallon water)
"Hawaiian super poop" worm castings mixed into medium.
The Fox Farm Ocean Forest is a good soil from a long time & and well established company. Adding some worm castings should not create any problem since the N-P-K amounts are usually minimal and the stuff is often used as a way to introduce and improve on the types and amounts of soil micro-organisms more than as a fertilizer.

Which of the Fox Farms nutrients are you using? How much of each and how often? You can list them or line the bottles up and take an in-focus photo. If there is a problem in that area some of the group who have been using the same product can mention if they see something wrong.

Currently using the Grow big 6-4-4. Wait until i see couple leaves start to droop down which is usually every 4 to 5 days. I do 3 teaspoons per gallon and split it among the two plants. Its interesting that the one plant (same strain but different seed) seems to be handling it just fine as seen in these pictures.

16588847757598609770667779975732.jpg

16588849322703472220655551755335.jpg

16588849841851502525527046931791.jpg

I have some suspicions... a few questions please. You say you are feeding lightly, yet you have this. Hmmm.

Your next note informed me that you are not following the feeding chart. Hmmm again. Fox Farm is a nutrient system. There are no stand alone nutrients in this system. If you don't use the 3 bottles in the basic trio as a unit, as recommended, your grow will fail. Sorry to be blunt, but this has been my experience.

When you say you flushed last night, what exactly did you mean by that? Did you just give plain water till runoff, or did you pour 3x the container size of water through the soil to flush out the salts and nutrients that have been building up? You have to be sure that everyone understands what you mean by flushing, because there are several definitions of that word around here.

Most alarming, and probably explains the symptoms, is if by flushing you meant you gave it plain water, which then infers that you give nutrient with each and every watering, you are over feeding. In soil, and in the Fox Farm system, they expect you to be giving water inbetween each nutrient feeding, giving their nutrients about once a week or so. If you have been feeding every time, you of course have N toxicity building up.

Download an official FF soil feeding chart... they are free online. Use it to the letter. Do not feed lightly... follow the chart as if it was chiseled onto a stone tablet. Your grow will greatly improve after you start following the directions, and using each nute as it was designed to be used.

I remember that the Big Bloom product was to be used with every feeding, all the way through. The name is somewhat misleading, in that it is not merely for the flowering phase. It's an OMRI-listed product, and is somewhat weak - the feeding schedule recommends (IIRC) six teaspoons per gallon for seedlings, lol.

I remember that the Big Bloom product was to be used with every feeding, all the way through. The name is somewhat misleading, in that it is not merely for the flowering phase. It's an OMRI-listed product, and is somewhat weak - the feeding schedule recommends (IIRC) six teaspoons per gallon for seedlings, lol.
Yes, the Big Bloom is weak as far as the macro-nutrients available. I believe that it is the only one that is used every week and is mixed in the larger amounts as listed in the Fox Farms schedule because it is the one that supplies the new dose of micro-organisms that do all the heavy work with the soil.

Currently using the Grow big 6-4-4. Wait until i see couple leaves start to droop down which is usually every 4 to 5 days. I do 3 teaspoons per gallon and split it among the two plants.
It reads like you are only using the Grow Big out of the "3 part" feeding program. Good chance this is a big part of the problem you are seeing. The amounts of Grow Big that Fox Farms is recommending is 2 teaspoons except for the two week period just before the start of flowering. Those two weeks are 3 teaspoons after which it drops back to 2 teaspoons. Then it stays there until about 2-3 weeks before harvest.

As Emilya mentions, download the Soil Feeding Schedule from the Fox Farms web-site. If you are using a cell phone and downloading is not working out or not convenient then you could give them a call and ask that they mail you a copy of the latest schedule. It will arrive within days.

Oh, and don't worry. They already know what you are growing and are only interested in you having a successful grow while using their products.

Back
Top Bottom