First Indoor LED Harlequin Attempt

Failwyn

Harlequin LED Indoor attempt.

It’s day 10 from first breaking through the soil, very excited, there are white spots on two of the first leaves, but the rest look nice and healthy, so hopefully it’s nothing… Not sure how often to update the journal, I’m currently getting a makeshift tent made from a heavy tarp and tinfoil ready for when this girl outgrows the 20g reef tank with a 25W LED hood. I got a Mars Hydro TS 600 and am researching exhaust fans and carbon filters; I’m currently looking at the basic vivosun models that have thousands of 4.5 star reviews, hoping they’ll be sufficient for descreet single plant grows; I researched a lot of strains and it sounds like Harlequin is the best medicinal strain and is supposedly and easy fast grow… I routinely kill strawberries and raspberries outdoors; let’s see what happens…

// sorry for all the threads, trying to say hi, start a journal, and get growing advice all at once; I know I’m a bit overly excited about this at a very early stage, but I’m hoping for success!
// 1:1 THC:CBD changed my life finally getting relief from my insomnia and anxiety

6901602D-3918-4306-BE3B-99904D1FFEDF.jpeg

It's okay to be overly excited, we've all been there. Literally wanted to sit in on my first cannabis grow, and tell the world to kick rocks. Update whenevs you feel like it with whatevs news, it's okay to deviate a little. Never be afraid to ask any question cuz I was raised to know the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask. As you noted having trouble keeping temp under 80°f I suggest getting air movement if you haven't put any fans anywhere.

Actually, that's a lot of water for a 3 gal pot unless it's really warm in the tent. I'm thinking that the droopy leaves might be too much water. Other opinions?
The soil was bone dry and the pot was super light; I read somewhere to water until you have runoff, but 1/2 gallon doesn’t even give me a drop of runoff, I’ve been doing every 3 days, but I think I might need to look at 2.5 days, or should I water till there’s runoff?

The tent is 75 with 45% humidity
image.jpg

She looks like she’s perking up; she got her first dose of Cal Mag with this watering too; is it okay to mix the cal mag with the first two stages of the Fox Farm Trio, or should that be kept separate?

Actually, that's a lot of water for a 3 gal pot unless it's really warm in the tent. I'm thinking that the droopy leaves might be too much water. Other opinions?
Hey @Phytoplankton cute lady. :thumb:
You mention poking through soil? What soil are you using?
As @backyardagain mentioned how are your temps and air flow? Rh?
Cal mag should be put into your mix first, wait a few minutes then your trio in recommended order and dose as per the schedule, then set your ph to 6.3.
Read this thread on watering.
It'll make your life easier. ;)
Stay safe.
Bill

BTW Welcome to 420magazine @Failwyn .
Just curious where did you get your seed? Fem? Or is it an auto in flower?
Did you top it?
Stay safe.
Bill

Attempting my first clones, one is definitely too small to survive, hopeful on the second; any tips?
You get any roots first before dropping in medium, also cut fingers in half, and keep under 24hr light if possible. Buy root innoculant and good bacteria additive to help roots thrive.
Sorry if I missed but it's your girl photo or auto?

You mention poking through soil? What soil are you using?
I'm using Miricle Gro Moisture Control Potting Mix for the soil; I was gonna order the Fox Farms soil, but I was at Home Depot and decided to try it.

You get any roots first before dropping in medium, also cut fingers in half, and keep under 24hr light if possible. Buy root innoculant and good bacteria additive to help roots thrive.
I just cur the root on a 45(ish) with a clean xacto blade, dipped it in the rooting hormone, and put it in wet soil; trying to keep the humidity in the tank as high as possible; I'm probably gonna need to get a mini humidifier in there; I have 4 more branches to try cloning if these fail. I intended on changing the light to 24h, but fell asleep, so it went with the standard 18/6 timer...

Sorry if I missed but it's your girl photo or auto?
Photo

I'm using Miricle Gro Moisture Control Potting Mix for the soil; I was gonna order the Fox Farms soil, but I was at Home Depot and decided to try it.

I just cur the root on a 45(ish) with a clean xacto blade, dipped it in the rooting hormone, and put it in wet soil; trying to keep the humidity in the tank as high as possible; I'm probably gonna need to get a mini humidifier in there; I have 4 more branches to try cloning if these fail. I intended on changing the light to 24h, but fell asleep, so it went with the standard 18/6 timer...

Photo
I think you might have a plant that flowers automatically. " auto" :Namaste:
Or a fem which means it's female.
Or reg which is just a regular seed.
Can you get a clear pic of the top of your lady whare the buds would be?
Just confirm if she has pistols or not, in flower?
Also what light are you using my friend.
Stay safe.
Bill

They were feminized photoperiod seeds from growers choice seeds; I'm definitely seeing pistols, I'll get a picture when I get home from work later. I'm using the Mars Hydro TS600 in the tent, and a basic 25W LED coral hood from an old fishtank for the clones.
What is your light set at, 12/12? 18/6?
If you see pistols and your not on 12/12 then she is an auto.
In which case your clones are no good.
They will flower and die if they root at all.
BTW great light is it turned up?
How far away is it?
Timer?
Stay safe.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom