First Indoor LED Harlequin Attempt

So since I went into flower early without realizing it; how do I estimate when to start the 2 week flush? About 25% of the pistols have started turning orange.

3F18EBCB-1EBA-4B47-A6DA-E2062AB20E78.jpeg

So since I went into flower early without realizing it; how do I estimate when to start the 2 week flush? About 25% of the pistols have started turning orange.

3F18EBCB-1EBA-4B47-A6DA-E2062AB20E78.jpeg
Hey @Failwyn they look beautiful.
Use Dec 6th as day 1 of week three. :thumb:
How far is your light my friend?

Stay safe
Bill

Lower and Mid Fan leaves are continuing to yellow and some are falling off; not sure if it’s just the natural med to late flowering yellowing; buds are still looking nice, although they don’t appear to be fattening too fast. The clones are refusing to reveg, but I’m not really concerned about that; gonna start a new grow and journal with CBD Critical Mass after New Years.

349BF2EB-1A9A-4C48-8511-E7786BB6C134.jpeg
749362FB-9A91-44A9-A501-8E35A19E51E2.jpeg
1F8B4819-B8F5-4F6B-A13E-1ABE2923FD5C.jpeg

EBC36C32-B4C7-417A-9652-5760BC2945F1.jpeg

Lower and Mid Fan leaves are continuing to yellow and some are falling off; not sure if it’s just the natural med to late flowering yellowing; buds are still looking nice, although they don’t appear to be fattening too fast. The clones are refusing to reveg, but I’m not really concerned about that; gonna start a new grow and journal with CBD Critical Mass after New Years.

349BF2EB-1A9A-4C48-8511-E7786BB6C134.jpeg
749362FB-9A91-44A9-A501-8E35A19E51E2.jpeg
1F8B4819-B8F5-4F6B-A13E-1ABE2923FD5C.jpeg

EBC36C32-B4C7-417A-9652-5760BC2945F1.jpeg
Good morning @Failwyn hope you are well today my friend.
How is the ph of your feed water?

Stay safe
Bill

I don’t have a digital tester, but the needle is just below 6.5 (aiming fir 6.3)
Something is a touch off my friend :Namaste:.
The colors are a little light.
And the yellowing is a bit concerning.
Are you following the schedule for your nutrients?

Stay safe
Bill

I watered Tuesday Night with this water, about 6.3, but the soil is still showing over 7; should I lower the PH of the water more and give her another drink?
2F1F871F-DF48-445D-AF35-1684CED69064.jpeg
B84FCB95-A54D-4E17-8DC1-8BE1E7B89DFA.jpeg
Those meters are notoriously unreliable my friend.

Are you lifting the pot to see if it's dry enough?
Are you following the instructions from your nutrient line?
Giving what they recommend?

Stay safe
Bill

Good morning @Failwyn hope you are well today my friend.
How is the ph of your feed water?

Stay safe
Bill
What are you using to test PH? I’m losing my mind over here; bleach pins the meter alkaline, my tap water reads 7.0, lemon juice reads 6.5, Vinegar is also 6.5, pH Down pins the meter at Acid; my freshwater fish rank ph test kit (reagent) says my tap water is 7.0, and my feed water is 6.3 but my meter is reading at a bit over 7.0… My frehwater test kit only goes down the 6.0 and I have trouble telling the difference between the base color that is anything 6 and below and the yellow with a tinge if green that says 6.3… is too low better at this point? Do you have a recommendation for an accurate way to check PH that is also easy to read? All of the affordable meters have reviews saying they are often inaccurate.

Those meters are notoriously unreliable my friend.

Are you lifting the pot to see if it's dry enough?
Are you following the instructions from your nutrient line?
Giving what they recommend?

Stay safe
Bill
I’m weighing and waiting for the first sign of wilt; I’m doing the nutrients every other feeding, but right now I’m fighting the urge to water again with Water checked with my freshwater ph test kit since it will be a week before the Blue Lab PH Pen can be delivered, unless I can find it locally.

I’m weighing and waiting for the first sign of wilt; I’m doing the nutrients every other feeding, but right now I’m fighting the urge to water again with Water checked with my freshwater ph test kit since it will be a week before the Blue Lab PH Pen can be delivered, unless I can find it locally.
Full strength nutrients every other feeding, get it as close as you can 6.3 until your meter comes.

Stay safe
Bill

Merry Christmas everyone!

The yellowing is continuing, I tested the PH of the runoff after watering last night and it was 6.3 (as far as my eyes can tell), the new PH tester will be here Tuesday, until then I am using the Manual Reagent test kit from my freshwater fish tank. Harlequin is supposed to be an 8 week flowering; if the yellowing keeps progressing towards the buds, should I just harvest it to avoid losing them to bud rot or something?
AFC0F91B-14D9-40A9-95DE-67743F9B3A3F.jpeg
A799436F-589D-48F0-B8B9-18059E05C53E.jpeg
096DA1C8-A51C-4D73-83B6-85D69D9B1D0F.jpeg

Merry Christmas everyone!

The yellowing is continuing, I tested the PH of the runoff after watering last night and it was 6.3 (as far as my eyes can tell), the new PH tester will be here Tuesday, until then I am using the Manual Reagent test kit from my freshwater fish tank. Harlequin is supposed to be an 8 week flowering; if the yellowing keeps progressing towards the buds, should I just harvest it to avoid losing them to bud rot or something?
AFC0F91B-14D9-40A9-95DE-67743F9B3A3F.jpeg
A799436F-589D-48F0-B8B9-18059E05C53E.jpeg
096DA1C8-A51C-4D73-83B6-85D69D9B1D0F.jpeg
Merry Christmas @Failwyn hope you had a great day.

Do you have actual bud rot?
Or are you just concerned?
What's your rh?
Buds look fine.
You have a couple weeks left.
Are you feeding properly?

Stay safe
Bill

I’m just nervous about the yellowing creeping towards the buds; I don’t have a clue what bud rot looks like yet. The PH of the feed water is about 6.3 and the PH of the runoff was about 6.3 as well (harder to tell with the runoff because the water isn’t clear. I’m feeding based on the instructions on the bottle every other watering, waiting for the pot to feel light then for the first sign of wilt before watering again. I think I’m 3 weeks from harvest, just getting nervous that she’s not gonna make it that long based on the progression of the yellowing leaves. The good PH pen is coming on Tuesday, so I’ll have a more accurate measurement of the feed and runoff for the next plain water feeding.

I’m just nervous about the yellowing creeping towards the buds; I don’t have a clue what bud rot looks like yet. The PH of the feed water is about 6.3 and the PH of the runoff was about 6.3 as well (harder to tell with the runoff because the water isn’t clear. I’m feeding based on the instructions on the bottle every other watering, waiting for the pot to feel light then for the first sign of wilt before watering again. I think I’m 3 weeks from harvest, just getting nervous that she’s not gonna make it that long based on the progression of the yellowing leaves. The good PH pen is coming on Tuesday, so I’ll have a more accurate measurement of the feed and runoff for the next plain water feeding.
Stick with your schedule.
Let her dry in between.
6.3 ph is perfect.
They will be great. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

So it turns out that my tap water is a bit over 7.5 PH, then 1tsp Cal-Mag, 2tsp Tiger Bllom, and 3tbsp Liquid Plant food was dropping the water to 5.5 PH, so I was swinging high and low, then the crappy PH tester was telling me that the water and nutrients were 7.0, so I was adding PH down with probably dropped the PH to 5.0 or lower! Today I used the new PH tester and some PH up to bring the water and nutrients up to 6.3 PH; let’s see if she gets happy again! Does that sound about right for the cause of her condition? The Fox Farm Trio does drop the PH, right?

The PH tester you suggested was out of stock, so this one came highly recommended on sites that also recommended the Blue Lab PH Pen, and it has a replaceable senso; hopefully I didn’t go wrong not waiting for the restock…

image.jpg

So it turns out that my tap water is a bit over 7.5 PH, then 1tsp Cal-Mag, 2tsp Tiger Bllom, and 3tbsp Liquid Plant food was dropping the water to 5.5 PH, so I was swinging high and low, then the crappy PH tester was telling me that the water and nutrients were 7.0, so I was adding PH down with probably dropped the PH to 5.0 or lower! Today I used the new PH tester and some PH up to bring the water and nutrients up to 6.3 PH; let’s see if she gets happy again!

The PH tester you suggested was out of stock, so this one came highly recommended on sites that also recommended the Blue Lab PH Pen, and it has a replaceable senso; hopefully I didn’t go wrong not waiting for the restock…

image.jpg
Brilliant my friend @Failwyn
You will make your ladies happy now. :thumb:
Hope you had a good Christmas.

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom