Ebb & gro hydro system

Can't I just go ahead and go with 4 1000w? I have already put in dedicated electrical 220v for the lights alone...:bong:

Absolutley man. You will just find out over time that you will most likely need/want more light for 96 plants. Especially in the final 4-6 weeks of bloom as the plants really bush out. You could put smaller lights 400's or 600's in between the 1000's to help fill in.

my plans are 48 plants (x2) 4 weeks apart in the bud room, that way I can crop every 4 weeks on crops in bud for 8 weeks, more or less depending on the plants. As we all know, some plants max out sooner than others. This, I will figure out as I go. Maybe I can find a good strain that will allow me to cut the flowering cycle down to 6-7 weeks. I just want to produce a fine quality bud:ganjamon:!

SOunds like a great plan. Pretty much the same thing I do but I run a smaller scale. I ran Great White Shark for many cycles. Its roughly a 56-60 day bloom plant. I did 1 month staggered harvest and had a seperate clone/veg area to queue up fresh plants for flower once I harvested a batch. The flower room was always running and producing.

I'm testing Blue Widow, Pineapple Express, RockLock, and Nemesis right now. They went into flower yesterday. I'm keeping the best of the 4 for my next bunch of grows. Looking for short flowertime, great buzz, and high yield.

My plan is to do exactly as you say...staggered harvest with Flower Room constantly producing & a clone/veg area for staging the fresh plants. I have 2 Blue Widow clones myself as well as G13, White Widow, OG, True Blue, Sour Pineapple and Maui. I am so looking forward to seeing these girls in bloom!!! Should have my system today or tomorrow!!! :cheer:

Be carful running so many strains off one/two system. Try to keep the strains as similar as possible ie flower times and heights so you can keep the lights as close as possible to all plants and can flush at the same time. If you have 8 and 12 weekers on the same system your screwed. if you flush for the 8 weekers you are starving the 12 weekers mid bloom. if you dont flush the 8 weekers you run risk of harsh product. Food for thought good luck!

6 1000w?? or 8 600w? Seems to me 6000w>4800w....or will I get better coverage using more lights and less watts? The cash is not the issue here, so I want to do the best i can with the space I have.

The key is more light sources. if you can afford the lights and electric and heat management then go with a bunch of 1000's. 600's are nice since you can get in real close with intense light without scorching the plants. Also light intensity decreases exponentially the further away from the source. Long story short more watts is not always better then more light sources.

looks like I will go with more fixtures and less watts then. I like the idea of being able to get the 600w closer to the plants....thinking 8 600's may be the way to go, at least for the first go-round....see what happens and make adjustments from there. Thanks alot for the advice. I just mentioned to Oldgrowerdude how the folks here in Colorado that grow want to keep everything a BIG SECRET. Funny, cause it's legal here. I think everyone benfits from sharing info and this is probaly the friendliest and most informative site I have seen. I look forward to starting the Journal and adding to the knowledge-base!

may be legal but always have the risk of break in and theft. ;) Good luck on the upcoming grow!!

I spent $1000 dollars invested, the ebb and flow 12 buckets setup was just under $500 dollars, The remaining money was for lights and setup, fans,air scrubbers for the smell, and enough fertilizer for 2 grows.:ganjamon:
Hello OGD, I could'nt remember.......Do you use tap water for your plants? I didnt remember you saying anything about a R/O system or PH ing your water befor the nutes? Thnks:peace:

Yep the heart of the system is the controler bucket/container, It holds the 2 water level flepper valves and the timer atached to it. And yes the rest can be built with home depo supplies.........others have done just that.:ganjamon::ganjamon:

i have a question with gh do u guy ever get to much salt bulid up and damage the roots where they look like something eat the roots

thank you . i triped out came home ever thing look good but 1 wilted then died i pulled out and all the root were gone

hey Sib. first time for my aero grow but glad I found you I'm having same prob with 3weekold babies from seed. I started flush yesterday with 5.7ph/35ppm. and today it's no better actually a bit worst.

as for your roots growing into water you might get some screen material and place it in your buckets then place your girls in there. make sure screen material is not made of and
type of metal. I'm pretty sure they make some out of plastic. do you have an idea as to what causes the CLAW effect and the PREYING leaves??

by the way here are pics I took yesterday. today it's more pronounced.

do your leaves look similr to these?

20100920-DSCF6275.jpg
20100920-DSCF6276.jpg
20100920-DSCF6272.jpg

Sib you are so right. in my 3rd week veg and ph is spiking within hrs from 5.5
to 6.8 but there are no nute in res right now ppm steady at 35. crazy!!

by the way I was just reading that RH change can cause leaves to curl up which makes sense in my case as i turned humidifier off for last 4days then this happened. i thought 47 RH was too high(lol) but I guess not for this caramelicious strain.

oh yeah... also if you can't find plastic mesh try more 2x4s to raise buckets even higher since water displacment was an issue when you added the first set
of 2x4s. although your roots would still end up where you don't want them.
in the water. Hmm, ok stike that reverse it.

I'm out for the night. till 2morrow:goodluck:

just found your thread. its not really a Ebb n Grow...its a hybrid aero rockwool hydroton widget. doesnt matter..its all the same stuff
dont worry about the roots in the water..they will be fine.
whats your flood times/intervals
to be honest I didnt read the whole thread,,,sorry I will do so.

Back
Top Bottom