Ebb & gro hydro system

Plants are bigger now. Here's how they look now. I am a beginner but I have been studying for a long time. I am a very quick learner and I have common sense. Anyways, let me know what you think. Maybe you can give me some advice or maybe I could help you out. Do you aerate your reservoir??

The reason my Pot of Gold looks like that is because I just topped it. My babies are 16 days vegging today. The plant I'm most proud of so far is my Amsterdam Flame. It has been a grower since I dropped the seed.

Ah! thanks SMURF i just FIM mine so now I know what might happen stil learnin here. Yeah, i saw the FLAME it's on Fyyyer!!
i under nute since it's my first aero grow. well first grow that has servived 3weeks and
they are half the size of yours but I just started feed 1150ppm Fox Farm Big Bloom and
Grow Big. hope all goes well. I'm checkn 5 times a day.

i tried to find some answers on Goog but lots of answers to choose from.
all depends on many variables. set up, strain, hydo, soil, indoor, outdoor, etc.
i've read for hours then fine my head in a blender of info. ouch.

thats not to say i havnt learned. most of the time i'm refered back here so now i'm home.

MBS

My plants are 16 days in my ebb and gro and they were about 1 week old when I put them into my ebb and gro so they are a total of 23 days old. That's only 3 weeks, too. I feed my plants at half the nutes they are supposed to get on the first feed. On the second feed I fed them 3/4 of the recommended nutes. When I start flowering I will use full nutrient solution that is recommended. Now that my plants are big enough they are ready for full doses. I use B.C. nutes and I check my ph every other day. I change my reservoir every 11-12 days. I let my water sit in a 32 gallon container for 3-4 days prior to putting it in my reservoir. If any other problems or questions, just let me know. And remember that you are just growing a weed, don't let it stress you out until it has buds on it......LOL

Hey SMURF,

your right man. i think i finnally have all dailed in. my biggest prob now is
keepin water temp proper. low on cash so i'm switching out frozen gallon jugs
3 times a day. temp spiking from 64F to 74F ouch.
and the rez isn't under the light. maybe some insulation around rez will help maintain.

it's late i need a :tokin:

yo check out my journal. you know how i can link it so all know it up??

MBS

when you are creating a reply, you will see a little symbol above where you write. It looks like planet earth and an infinite sign. If you put your cursor on it, it will say "insert link". So you insert the web address to your journal. If any other questions let me know.

I am in urgent need of some professional advice from someone who knows about the ebb and gro system. I have 3 plants growing in an e&g system. They are 4 and a half weeks into flowering and all my leaves that stick out of the buds are clawlike. I figured this was a nitrogen overdose from researching it. I changed my reservoir to straight ph adjusted water and have been flushing for about 3 days now but I'm not seeing any improvements yet. About how long will it take for my plants to bounce back from this???? Is there anything else I can do to fix this problem or maybe speed up the process??? A good friend told me to use straight water with no nutes for 7-10 days should clear it up but I would rather hear from someone who has experience growing with this particular system. I am using the nutes from the recipe for success kit. I am using a 400 watt hps light and it is between 12-18 inches from my plants tops. PLEASE HELP ME PEOPLE. THERE WILL BE PICS UP TOMORROW WHEN THE LIGHTS COME BACK ON. My current f&d cycle is 4 times during lights on and 2 times during lights out. Is this good or should I change??? When should I start feeding nutes again and at what ratio?????
clawlike_003.jpg
clawlike_001.jpg
clawlike_002.jpg

hey Smurf,
i see no ones chimed in. I'm on aero/NFT but had the same prob at an earlier stage. So i freeked out. i was told to flush for 1week and check PH more often, so i did and the prob was corrected. i was also told to spray plants with distilled water.
i did that as well twice a day.

it could be PH flux. since this happened i've started with 5.5 and let it climb to
6.2 max. i have not had this happen again since the strick schedule has been put in place.

hope this will help. those leaves will not recover so new growth is a good way to gage plants recovery.

MBS
9 Plant 1000W Aeroponic Caramelicious From Seed

I have the Ebb & Grow system too.

On my 1st grow with it now.

There are issues (Read Limitations) with this system you should be aware of though.

1.) There are only 6 water feeds from the brain box, so in a best case scenario, you have to use one line for two buckets. Most people clamp off two outlets, and run 3 buckets per outlet, because this is the only way to hook it up right out of the box with the parts that come with it.

The problem becomes apparent if you are not using all 12 pots, or rather any of the pots down line from the any other pots connected to the same feed line. A real tricky placement issue you have to overcome so you can use resources most efficiently, and not have the plants spread sparsely around the room wasting light and air and acreage.

2.) The real pain in the butt with this system is the fact that it has a little design flaw that does not allow all water to drain from the buckets. It leaves ~1/4 inch of water in the bottom of the buckets for the roots to lay in.

This is very easily corrected by placing a 1/4 inch spacer under each bucket though. This allows all water to drain out of all buckets back into the brain box.

3.) Another design flaw is that the feed tube from the res to the brain box will keep kick itself upwards every time the pump turns on during the fill cycle. This in turn causes the pump to have to keep turning on and off waaaaaaaay more times than normal during the cycle This is because as the hose inside the brain box kicks up, it keeps tripping the upper float switch.

This too is easily corrected by just tying this feed hose to the hose next to it, going from the pump inside the brain box to the res.

4.) My res is not white. It is black. So it is somewhat hard to gauge water loss each day.

5.) I feel the buckets should be a bit bigger, but the ones that come with the system do work just fine.

6.) The buckets only fill about half way with water due to the fact the brain box is only as tall as the bottom bucket is tall. Then add in the fact you need to raise each bucket another 1/4 so all water will drain out of them, and you can start to see the problem.

If they would make the brain box taller by about 3 inches, and make the bottom buckets with a 1/4 inch lip under them to compensate for where the hose is attached, all of these problems would be gone!

All in all, I really love my new Ebb & Grow system though.

I have the Ebb & Grow system too.

2.) The real pain in the butt with this system is the fact that it has a little design flaw that does not allow all water to drain from the buckets. It leaves ~1/4 inch of water in the bottom of the buckets for the roots to lay in.

You want to have water remain in the bottom of the bucket after the drain. That 1/4 inch water will keep your plants in nutrients untill the next drain. I would get rid of that spacer asap for your plants sake!

You want to have water remain in the bottom of the bucket after the drain. That 1/4 inch water will keep your plants in nutrients untill the next drain. I would get rid of that spacer asap for your plants sake!

Hmmm... OK, I will experiment with both. I totally hear what you are saying though.

Back
Top Bottom