Eirohir's Bubblious Auto: 2nd Attempt

Eirohir

Bubblious Auto. 12 weeks to harvest.
Day 3 of veg.

Mixed potting compost with biobizz light mix 50/50

Grow space
Old wooden closet. 2x3x1(will need to top at 80cm) interior painted flat white.

Lighting
1xled panel 165 red 125 blue 6 UV 35w
1xcfl 2700k 20w non spectrum
1xcfl 5500k 1000w full spectrum.

Ventilation 2xmini usb desk fans suspended from the top.

Temps tested and stable @ 28c.

Nutes. Biobizz grow, bloom and top max.

Notes. Last attempt failed due to over feeding and over heating.
Less is more. 2.5mg per 1 litre of spring water.

Ph. 6.5

Schedule.
Water with 5% solution once a week for 6 weeks.
Water with 10% solution +cal mag once a week for 4 weeks.
Water with 0% solution for weeks.
Harvest when ready.

Attachments

• 20190214_202606.jpg
    20190214_202606.jpg
    487.7 KB · Views: 57
the right track is busy,, use the left track.

no right way to do anything,,

i would watch the overwatering,, not overfeeding, tho that too

and no nutes for a long time,, get nutes out yer head,, for now,, first you got to get it to that stage,,

again,, read up on proper watering procedures,, let dry fully, then water fully, then repeat

you got it out the ground,, well done,,

So far so good!

I can see your soil is already pretty wet, so I wouldn't be watering for quite some time. Also rest assured, it sounds like a very simple concept but watering is a well honed skill, but letting the soil get on the drier side is very important for root growth.

Also this is an Auto, and the generally accepted method is to plant it in the final sized pot immediately. Their life span is limited and transplanted can take time away from it's life cycle due to shock.

Given you seem on the newer side I would recommend a breathable pot (cloth or otherwise) as it can be a lot more forgiving.

Lastly, I'm unfamiliar with your nutrients or how they're mixed but I would suggest go to their site and seeing if you can find a feed schedule. I would follow that schedule, erroring on the side of less nutes than is recommended.

As far as lighting is concerned, I run my autos either 18/6 or 24/0 for the entirety of the grow.

Temps look great, and make sure to get you humidity as close to 70 as possible until flower begins, then search for 45%.

So many methods!

Enjoy the ride, learn from your mistakes (we all make them).

I'm here if you need me. You can tag me in any post by using @ Mosspb (without the space between @ and Mosspb)

Best of luck Friend.

the right track is busy,, use the left track.

no right way to do anything,,

i would watch the overwatering,, not overfeeding, tho that too

and no nutes for a long time,, get nutes out yer head,, for now,, first you got to get it to that stage,,

again,, read up on proper watering procedures,, let dry fully, then water fully, then repeat

you got it out the ground,, well done,,

Also every time I see that lego man, I wish I had thought of it. God knows I have stepped on enough lego to remember that yellow face.

Thanks for the advice guys. I really appreciate this.

Ok so first... that pic was taken directly after watering the soil was so dry it was almost dust. I flooded the pot and let it drain out twice. I won't water again until 7 days or the pot drys out again which ever first? Or am I still over watering at this rate?

I had planned to flavour the next water with nutes. Not even 25% rate. Just a taste. But I will wait till week 4 if you think it's wrong.

Also when should I start cal mag? I was going to add 5-10 drops per litre of water every watering. Or is it best to wait until deficiency presents and then treat?

Lastly, you guess right. I am completely new to growing and my first attempt was a disaster so this time I'm gulping down as much humble pie as I can because this is certainly not simple as it seems.

So please check in for 5 mins once in awhile to make sure I'm not destroying another of nature's miracles

Edit: Typing from a phone, Sorry if the language seems forced. After reading my own reply I just wanted to clear that up. Thanks for all your replies.

E.

Eiro,

I personally would stay off the nutes (although I do like to give a splash of Calmag, to about 200 ppm) until you see your second nodes, and only very light after that. Some people dont like to give nutes for a while longer than that. Right now the plant has all the nutes it needs built in. You dont want to wait for a deficiency, you just need to time it right so the plant is ready for it. Think of the plant right now as fresh skin, it's heavy just a bit raw to too many chemicals. Once the plant establishes its roots and get more mass it can take a lot more.

The plant needs to process the nutes you give it, and if there is only a small seedlings, it can't process it and dies. So we want to increase the nutes proportionate to the plants size, up to a certain point.

I would strongly advise transplanting to a 3gal pot before you establish too much more roots. I know Geopot is a sponsor of ours, so I personally prefer to default to sponsors whenever possible. Something fabric or an airpot will make it a lot easier to water.

If you had just watered than it makes sense that soil is soaked >.< I water by weight, meaning I pick up the pot to see how heavy it is to determine if I need water. The top soil can look really dry but your medium can still be holding a lot of water, which is why people mix in perlite. The perlite help oxygen get it, and it doesnt hold water. Once you feel a heavy pot, and a dry pot a few times you'll get the hang of it.

Lastly I would be willing to bet most people kill or darn near kill their first seedling, and it ironic because as a full grown plant these things are resilient... It is weed after all :)

Moss.

Yeah your right. I am just anxious about well everything.

I read all the guides. Watched all the videos and the darn thing still managed to die on me.
The last thing I want to do is stress the plant. Any wrong treatment or action will set it back a few days or a week. These autos need every minute of their 12 weeks from what I hear.

I can transplant the seedling easily enough, it probably won't even notice the change, and it would be best to do right away. I see your point.

I'm getting stressed about stressing the plant.
I'm good for pots but quick question about the soil.
I'm mixing potting compost and biobizz light mix 50/50, before I move the lady to her new home I just want to check I won't do more harm than good.

Thanks
E.

With respect to soil I’m not the best reference as I’ve only grown in Promix or dwc.

@Emilya is a good reference for all things watering, so perhaps soil too??

The one thing I will say, and it’s a conversation I’ve had with far more experienced growers; is you’re not going to have a perfect grow your first time getting through to harvest. Don’t stress about making mistakes, enjoy the process, keep a diligent log of all your activities so you can look back, and enjoy the smoke you do get. At the end of the day if you get 40 or 400 grams getting to kick back and smoke your own home grown is like heaven.

Right now, less is more, let it do it’s thing until you get to top it...

Do you have a plan in mind for lst?

Enjoy your journey, I know for me (as creepy as it sounds) I develop a relationship with them and I’m always mixed on emotions come harvest.

Moss.

I was going to avoid LST. I don't have the confidence or replacement seeds right now. This is literally my last bean.... if you can recommend a sativia that's low maintenance I'll certainly pop a few of those.

I think I'm ok with watering and feeding, I over did it on the last batch and ruined 6 weeks work. So I guess yeah you could say I'm a little stressed xd .

Thanks for tips. I'll have more pics in a couple of days.
E.

You know I almost watered today but I held off because I think you guys are right. I'm trying to push this along rather than waiting for a miracle of nature.

But I have another plant almost ready for drying and again... I almost did it without asking any questions eek.

So first things first I replanted my baby girl into the largest pot I have, 80cm ish. I haven't watered and won't. I'm extending my water schedule to 10 days instead of 7. And nute free until week 5. I'll also start cal mag at week 4 when the second node is established.

Feel free to correct my thinking. That is why I'm here.

Second big news today my first Bubblious auto bounced back a small amount. Yeah I know it's pretty limp looking, but she's right on schedule mid February. The only thing I'm nervous about here is I don't want to chop too soon, if they need another week then that's fine. If you say start drying today then thats what I'll do.

My excitement is off the charts. So curve my enthusiasm before I make an awful mistake lol.

E.

Attachments

• 20190217_102205.jpg
    20190217_102205.jpg
    482.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 20190217_102756.jpg
    20190217_102756.jpg
    436.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 20190217_102351.jpg
    20190217_102351.jpg
    589.9 KB · Views: 63
Just wanted a second opinion on these pics if you don't mind. To chop or not to chop? This is the question!

Thanks again.
E.

Attachments

• 20190218_193824.jpg
    20190218_193824.jpg
    431.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 20190218_193759.jpg
    20190218_193759.jpg
    539.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 20190218_193740.jpg
    20190218_193740.jpg
    472.7 KB · Views: 55
10% amber. I would chop.

At least test a bud and see if it gives you what you're looking for. Not being cured, I've read that it will be harsh, and not smooth like a curd bud, but you'll get an idea of its effects at this stage of maturity.

Great idea! only far too late now and hardly worth the effort for such a small yield. The new plant will outdo the last. I spent so much time messing with it that I forgot to leave it alone.

Ah well might be still fine... maybe lol. I'm giving up on stress it just ain't helping.

I took the advice of chopping and landed a wet 11g (shudders) and I'll prob lose 40% when it dries out.

But live and learn. I know the guys here won't let me mess up again. The community is pure love and the members are knowledgeable beyond my expectations.

c'est la vie.

Attachments

• 20190218_204110.jpg
    20190218_204110.jpg
    417.3 KB · Views: 52
Back
Top Bottom