Emergency! Surgery required! Help

4fingrdspydr

I was training my tall sativa bending her downward and she snapped!!..the top 8-10 10 inches of the plant snapped so i treated it like a cone and used rooting hormmone and got her in some wet soil ill keep misting her frequently since im home all day...any suggestions or will this even work?..she was just getting pistils all over been on 12/12 light cycle for the past 3-4 weeks ..umm she was almost 6 ft tall ..not now!ooooo

Also should i leave the remainder of the plant(which was basically topped now) in 12/12 or shold i revert back to veg and let it do its thing and grow out more stalks?ill post a couple pics if it helps..thanks

Hey man,

I'm not an expert by any means but I have had experience with your current issue. One of my lights fell on my plant back in the day and snapped about 5 inches off the top of one of my ladies.

You DO NOT want to revert her back to veg. Keep her on 12 / 12. Besides shes 5 foot something anyway correct? She is still going to stretch a little more for about a week.

As for the top that snapped off your probably wasting your time in moist soil. I'm not saying don't give it a try but likely the top will die off. If you have some spare vermiculite put it into a container about 4 - 5 inches deep. Cut up an old t-shirt and soak it in water with some very weak nutes. Make sure to fill the bottom of the container with about 2 inches of water. Place the soaked t-shirt into the center of the container with the bottom just slightly into the water at the bottom of your container. Have the shirt stick out of the top of your vermiculite about an inch or so. This will act as a wick sucking up the water to the top of the shirt. Pack the vermiculite around your cut up shirt. Don't pack it super tight. Now slide your broken stem top down into the vermiculite lightly touching the wet shirt. If you can keep some kind of dome over your broken top to hold some humidity. Have some vent holes in the dome but not to many. Keep your hurt top about 18 - 24 inches from your plant. You don't want to slam it with tons of light right now. Make sure to mist her a few times a day. It's possible she can recover using this Macgyver method.

If you had a nice cloning machine that would be your best bet. The method I described above works pretty good. Just make absolutly sure you DO NOT remove the top from the wick system for about 7 - 10 days unless she dies. Also make sure to make your nute solution extremely weak. Then when you add water to the solution make sure it's just plain water. Make sure you maintain the 2 inches of liquid on the bottom of the res. If she lives in about 7 - 10 days you will see leaves yellowing on the bottom. This is a good sign meaning she has roots and is canabilizing the bottom leaves for nutes for survival. At this time you can plant her into some moist soil.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you man. I totally feel your pain on this issue. Like I've said it's happened to me in the past.

Good luck and keep it green! :goodluck:

Alright cool thanks for the reply..ill let u know how she does..its my 1st grow so everything was good up till now but i still got 3 others and started cloning last week so we'll see...i dont have verm or ez cloner in fact im using miracle grow ( ya i know ) lol ya shes bout 5 ft now but thank god for cloning!

DSCF1507.JPG

THIS ONE OF MY MYSTERY CLONES SHES LOOKING GREAT

Back
Top Bottom