ET's Perpetual Nug Shack - Skywalker OG & Super Lemon Haze

ETPhoneHome

I'm going to bring my grow journal over here because currently on GC I'm not getting that much activity and I enjoy sharing my progress as well as seeing others growing beautiful flowers. It also helps me to interact with other growers and get info on things that I may not see and realize. I am currently on week 8 of flower with 6 Skywalker OG from DNA genetics. In the beginning it was a rocky start, I have done several outdoor grows but this is my first indoor and it was a challenge to say the least...but very rewarding. I started out with 6:10 tonight seeds and ended up with 6 nice bushy girls. My lighting was below average to start, I had to DIY CFL reflectors each with 8 bulbs (ruffly 320 actual watt). It served its purpose and got me to the point that I am now but for future grows I am looking to upgrade to T5 or LED. I made a scrog net that is 4' 6"x4' 6", my flower tent is 5x5 with a 1000w HPS/MH, a 6" 440CFM inline fan, and a 6"x24" carbon scrubber. I also have a 240CFM intake fan to bring fresh air from outside. I also converting my closet into a cloning/veg area. I currently have 25 clones, 5 of which are monster cropped clones which I have pulled from the phenos that I think we'll perform the best (I'm trying to eliminate the need for mother plants). Some I have mainlined and others I have LST with topping. I do not believe I will Mainline anymore, the LST plants have far surpassed the mainland plants. But who knows how they will turn out in a few weeks. I also have 1 Super Lemon Haze seed by Greenhouse seed company that I popped last week and I have a sprout now. It will be used for pulling clones of until I have enough that I feel like I will not lose the strain. My plan is to now run a perpetual grow with a 4-5 week time difference in two different groups of plants in the flower tent. I'm planning on 1 plant per sq. ft. I built my own 26 site aeroponic cloner, 2" net pot w/ neoprene collar, 396 GPH submersible pump, and 12 misters. Hopefully in the next round in about 6 weeks I'll have clones from the Super Lemon Haze ready to go. So that kind of catches everyone up to speed. I'll post a link to my grow for pictures and reference.
Chime in and tell me what you think!

IMAG28673.jpg

IMAG28603.jpg

IMAG28453.jpg

IMAG2792-2.jpg

IMAG2794-2.jpg

VIDEO0049_0000003867-2.jpg

IMAG28351.jpg

IMAG28382.jpg

IMAG27874.jpg

IMAG27401.jpg

"...Aim for the moon...even if ya miss you'll still hit the stars..."

Well a quick update, I chopped down #1,#2, and #5. I pulled 8 1/2 oz or so (can't remember the exact weight). I'm a little disappointed but you are so much and have sex but most of my problems. And I found the strongest phenotype so all in all it was a success. I still have three to harvest, and in my opinion they are the three strongest and heaviest yielders. I repotted 8 clones into 3 gallon pots and put in the flower tent for the first phase of the perpetual monthly harvest. So I used Fox Farms Happy Farms soil with 30% perlite and I Oregonism. I can already tell that these are going to be much stronger and healthier plants because of the good soil mix. I ran out of Fox Farms and I have to pick up another bag tomorrow because I need to put four more in flower tent to be on track for my one plant per square ft. goal. Then in 4 to 5 more weeks I will add another 12 clothes that I have already established. I've ordered a Mars Hydro 600w to replace my 8 bulb DIY CFL reflector (about 240w actual watts) and a 175w MH. The temps get crazy in there right now and I hope that the LED will bring them down. Here are a few pics of the bugs from harvest and the current flower tent. I've still got some trimming to do but I wanted to leave a few extra leaves to slow drying down...enjoy!

Ohh yeah, I've noticed some purple starting to show in the leaves of my favorite pheno! I'm stoked! I've never heard of a Skywalker OG throwing off a purple pheno? Anyone ever seen this? Temps and RH have remained normal. I have been flushing for 10 days now.

5fca9bfa5818d14332b326234ecdb9a0.jpg
437b0b2cb751491284dd07a680a0695d.jpg
31e756ba07fa80e561f0583967b256ea.jpg
f0f0e6dc34c29882e8943246f57f47d8.jpg
42e276ecdc12f115c426839db8fa1c71.jpg
4c28f6d29fd0cd137c12c183351a862e.jpg

Last night I chop down the last girl of the "original 6". It was a bittersweet moment, lol. But I have found a pheno that I really like and that I plan on keeping from here on out. Being that I didn't know this until a few days ago I have clones from each plant that were vegging in preparation for the perpetual grow. They are mostly from two of the phenos that I was pretty sure we're going to be the best. Over the next few weeks I'll will gradually rid myself of the less desirable phenos and make use of my monster cropped clones and cut enough to fill my 26 site aero cloner and fill my tent for the second stage of plants. The Mars Hydro has really helped the veg/clone closet, my temps have never been lower and the clones and never been happier! I've got eleven nice size clones and the flower tent now that are about a week in and I plan on adding 12 - 13 more in roughly 3-4 four weeks. I picked up another 2 cubic feet of fox farm happy frog and a bag of perlite to repot mine youngest clones, this stuff is amazing and I have never seen my plants look this healthy! I'm using roughly 75% Fox Farm to 25% perlite and the drainage is perfect and it plants love it! I've also been adding Oregonism XL from Roots organic just for added root growth. And I have continued with my veg nutes on the girls just moved into flower bc last round I think I cut the nitrogen out too soon and I had some yellowing early on. I won't make that mistake again! Well, I'll stop rambling on and give everybody what they want....

Roll that beautiful nug footage!!

My keeper pheno about to go in jars with boveda 62% humidity packs...
d7fe73bccb321345251ee759cb426f21.jpg

7e496578adeac77b49813ebb8cd5282f.jpg

Drying closet and harvest from most recent grow (16 jars total and 1 still hang drying). I've yielded ruffly 19 - 21 OZ from this grow (depending on if I lose anymore weight during curing)
181a61131e5f637ed2840fabc788f2b6.jpg

45362ba158b0563742e57bc2fa0e49b6.jpg

Veg/Clone closet
f93359973bac8fcaad92e9dc0ed2099b.jpg

Medium for this round
49c2a8154358a7f8525a7befe10b2f36.jpg

Flower Tent (stage 1 of perpetual monthly grow)
bef9fe4e1856d8d52229600c343e9765.jpg

QWISO from my best pheno (fucking delicious)
9d3c9562a789aaa3fcb0612b7e41b5c1.jpg

Re: ET's Perpetual Nug Shack - Skywalker OG & Super Lemon Haze

Well here we go...

Neglecting my journal here and 420 magazine but recently I've realized that the KNOWLEDGEABLE & ACTIVITY of the 420 magazine community is 2nd to none! And I need to be a more active part of it ! It is already pretty late tonight but I will put some pictures of my most recent chop. (5/20) I harvested two of the girls and yesterday (5/23) I cut the other three. Now, the other 12 in there can stretch their legs...for a little while, lol. It won't be long before I pack it to its limits again! Actually, I will be moving into the new secret grow area anytime not now. Just waiting to get the remainder of the room wired. There isn't enough hours in the day!

I want to say things too SweetSue and Radogast for the warm welcome and inspiration to be a better grower!

I I just watered my flower tent yesterday with the Nectar for the Gods nutrient line (which I have been using for the past few months and loving the results!). I switch the nutrient mix to mid-flower formula being that I am on day 30 since showing signs of flower (flipping to 12/12 on 4/25). I was already seeing a slight nitrogen deficiency and after the watering it is much more prevalent. I am not sure if I should water again with the early flowering nutrient formula, should I give pH water with some Alaskan fish fertilizer 5-1-1, should I just leave it alone and wait until next watering and add some fish fertilizer then, or water again with early flowering nutes?

I do not want to give my plants too much nitrogen during bloom and result in a nasty or harsh meds. But at the same time I want healthy and happy girls. Decisions, decisions, decisions...What should I do??

I will do that more detailed update tomorrow but in the meantime here is some pics from over the past couple weeks.

Nitrogen Deficiency
420-magazine-mobile1698715920.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1114676110.jpg

Recent Harvest
420-magazine-mobile1946246584.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1088302876.jpg

Random
420-magazine-mobile314967921.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1300059890.jpg
420-magazine-mobile297366438.jpg
420-magazine-mobile31124220.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1646309317.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1511657866.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1267682287.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1539760638.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1505130187.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2051011494.jpg
420-magazine-mobile49305913.jpg

Well good, you're over here, and now I'm subbed in. I'll catch up later. :hug:

You've been sitting here virtually overlooked since January? We can't have that. Let's see if traffic picks up. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hi everyone! I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend! I wanted to do a quick update on the ladies...

The nitrogen deficiency that I was experiencing in the flower tent is recovering somewhat. I put 1 lb of earthworm castings in 4 gallons of pH water with molasses and 1 1/2 TBS of Alaskan fish fertilizer 5-1-1. I brewed it for 24 hours and applied it yesterday and I can already see a difference.

I feel like I am kind of in limbo right now because I am in preparation to move to my new grow area and there is so many things that I want to do with the girls right now but I feel like it would be too much stress between the move and training on them. All that I am waiting on now is for power to be connected to my subpanel and I'll begin hanging my lights and adding fans. Also as hot as it is I can't wait for that AC to get hooked up! It's almost too much working in that sealed room with it being in the 90s during the day. I hope that 14,000 BTU portable AC will cool down my 14x8x8 area. And whatever happens I'll roll with the punches and make it work. I snap some pictures of the girls that are drying, the first (2) I pulled on Sunday should be ready to trim this evening or tomorrow morning. The others will be a few days. I think I'm going to make some RSO this time with the trim off of the first two and the other three will probably be quick wash ISO. Depends on what mood I am and at a time :). Without further delay, here are the stars of my show!

*** The young plant that is pictured is my Querkel by TGA Subcool Seeds

420-magazine-mobile743389626.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1462994279.jpg
420-magazine-mobile41429458.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1578898276.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2066016982.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1605334490.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1092084674.jpg
420-magazine-mobile932393452.jpg
420-magazine-mobile883171396.jpg

I was out at my land today to check on the outdoor girls... I'll have to admit I was a little worried about them being in flower and not going back to reveg yet but to my surprise today it's obvious they are re-vegging! I still think the two young clones I put out later in the season will pass the older ones. Just for the fact that they will not go through the shock of veg/flower/transplant/reveg/flower. Anyways, I still think they're worth keeping in the ground. If I don't do anything else but make concentrates from them it will be well worth it. If anyone has any pointers about how to treat these ladies then I'm all ears!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! Smoke one, or two or three...
420-magazine-mobile1840103522.jpg

420-magazine-mobile644999862.jpg

Well today is the big day for me! I've completed my new grow area! Wired up, insulated, AC, heat (when needed), exhaust, and secret doorway! I've been dreaming of this for a longggg time.

I am currently mixing up some soil to do some transplanting and I have a question. I mixed up 2 cubic foot of a local organic garden soil, 1 cubic foot of perlite, 5 lb earthworm castings, and 1 and a 1/2 cups of bone meal. I'm not sure if I need to let this cook off for a period of time before planting into it. Normally, in the past I would have transplanted directly into it but I cannot recall the amount of bone meal I have added in the past. I just don't want to fry all of my youngens, lol. I will be transplanting some clones that are a few weeks old from my DIY Aero cloner into the soil. They have great established roots and several nodes, some of which have been top already. I also have some seedlings that are in Solo cups, several weeks old also with established roots. I don't want to burn these girls up, especially with the shock of transplanting already. The strain is Skywalker OG by DNA genetics and it has been a heavy feeder. Somebody give me some advice!

I've got a couple pictures some of the girls that would be transplanted.

I LOVE the bonsai training on the one clone below! It's my favorite so far!

And finally! My Super Lemon Haze has been a F'in nightmare to clone. I figured that when it was put into flower it would stretch a lot (didn't stretch near what I was anticipating) and I would be able to get a couple clones. Which I did, not as many as I would have liked but a few. The one that did shoot off some nice roots after two weeks will now be a mother plant! Looking forward to many harvest from this one fem seed that I bought months ago! Hope I get a pheno! Enough talking, here goes some pics! Ohh, and the last couple picks are of 2 plants that were chopped up into several clones, I left just a little stalk above the soil and look what popped out, lol! Since they fought SO hard for survival, I've gotta keep em'!

Super Lemon Haze clone
420-magazine-mobile1416745874.jpg

420-magazine-mobile661304369.jpg

Buddha Tahoe OG Kush (just topped)
420-magazine-mobile1253841982.jpg

Querkel (just topped for 16 colas)
420-magazine-mobile872937156.jpg

Northern Lights #5 (messed up when topping this one, hope this shoot still develops)
420-magazine-mobile2007940189.jpg

Skywalker OG clone trained like a MOFO
420-magazine-mobile173197716.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1640125328.jpg

Skywalker OG ( The Little Engine That Could, LOL)
420-magazine-mobile1289645510.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1360461103.jpg

I'm having some issues keeping my new grow area cooled down. I've got a 14000 BTU portable AC but after reading a lot and witnessing firsthand I see that a portable AC is not the way to go. I'm afraid I may have to end up getting a window unit or a mini split. I don't have the extra money to put into it right now so if anyone has any tips I would greatly appreciate it. All of the walls have 2" foam insulation boards and the ceiling is sprayed with a two-part spray insulation. The room is 8x13x8 and in the beginning I was thinking a sealed room would probably be the best way to keep all the cold air in. It is in a metal building which when closed up without any air movement gets up over a 100℉. If I was to use an intake the only place I could draw air from would be outside (90°F +) and then I run into the risk of drawing in insects and pesticides that or possibly in the air and contaminating my room. I do have some events that I could add to the side and top as well as an exhaust/whirly bird/fart fan that I can add as well. Ideally I believe in active intake from a cooler area would be my solution but I have no way to cool down the other area that is attached to my grow room. This is a 40 foot shipping container and only the back 13ft is insulated. I do plan on putting a tarp of some sort over the container with about a 2-foot space between it in the top of the container to allow air movement period it is in somewhat of shade right now but apparently not enough for the summer heat. If someone has any ideas or experience in this I would be greatly appreciative! Until then here is some pics of the girls right before lights on! Enjoy and grow on! #Fucktheheat!
420-magazine-mobile1364136089.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1694371605.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1966800347.jpg

420-magazine-mobile967000311.jpg

Internet search says a rooftop A/C unit for an RV is the best solution. Cut a hole in the roof, bolt/tape in place, power it up.

If you already have the portable A/C unit, why not use it?

Not so good solution:
Passive air inlet low on one side of the insulated foam wall - portable A/C exhaust duct high on the other side.

Better solution:
If you have a dual hose portable A/C unit, just run each hose through your insulated wall.

If you have a single hose portable A/C unit, convert it to a dual hose style as follows:
Tape a sealed box (cardboard box covered in a plastic bag) in place over the air intake for a single hose portable unit - run a pair of hoses from the box to be used as intake hoses 'outside' low in the insulated wall, run the exhaust duct higher in the wall.

(a pair of intake hoses is better than 1 because you need less air resistance on the intake side for the wider intake area of the portable A/C unit.)

Internet search says a rooftop A/C unit for an RV is the best solution. Cut a hole in the roof, bolt/tape in place, power it up.

If you already have the portable A/C unit, why not use it?

Not so good solution:
Passive air inlet low on one side of the insulated foam wall - portable A/C exhaust duct high on the other side.

Better solution:
If you have a dual hose portable A/C unit, just run each hose through your insulated wall.

If you have a single hose portable A/C unit, convert it to a dual hose style as follows:
Tape a sealed box (cardboard box covered in a plastic bag) in place over the air intake for a single hose portable unit - run a pair of hoses from the box to be used as intake hoses 'outside' low in the insulated wall, run the exhaust duct higher in the wall.

(a pair of intake hoses is better than 1 because you need less air resistance on the intake side for the wider intake area of the portable A/C unit.)
I'm not quite picturing in my mind the whole concept, lol. Could be bc it's 5am and I'm tired as ish. I worked on it all night and hopefully I've got it figured out. I'll be placing post at each corner of my container with a canvas tarp stretched across ruffly 2ft above the roof for added shade. I also ducted the back of the AC with a 18" insulated pipe directly out the back foam board wall. Dropped temps drastically. I also added a whirlybird in the front non cooled area the help with extracting heat. I've gotta few pics but don't mind the mess, lol. Clean up and moving is tomorrow as long as the temps stay stable. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Ohh yeah, veg tent, scrubber, the other 1000w HPS, inline fans, ect. are not pictured bc they are still in use at home. :) I've got a 100'x4' roll of Mylar still to be added also, it'll tidey up the look of the walls.

420-magazine-mobile1483341684.jpg
420-magazine-mobile553503016.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1336899613.jpg
420-magazine-mobile25745306.jpg
420-magazine-mobile330655570.jpg

Nice cooltubes and ventilation

Nice dehumidifier and workspace

nice girls !
Thanks Radogast! I'm trying brother!. I just ordered my 6 bulb 4 ft T5 HO fixture for the veg tent, crab meal, oyster shell, Hydrofarm Guano Grow Crazy Bat Guano, and Mycos RTI Xtreme Gardening. I've started a nice 6x4 compost pile and I am going to start making my own soil mix.

Any advice what else to add?

Thanks Radogast! I'm trying brother!. I just ordered my 6 bulb 4 ft T5 HO fixture for the veg tent, crab meal, oyster shell, Hydrofarm Guano Grow Crazy Bat Guano, and Mycos RTI Xtreme Gardening. I've started a nice 6x4 compost pile and I am going to start making my own soil mix.

Any advice what else to add?

I suggest you ask the experts over here ==> Building a Better Soil - Demonstrations & Discussions of Organic Soil Recipes

Compost is great, but a few handfuls of worm castings every now and then really seem to make your soil food web happy - Consider a worm farm. All they really ask for is human type room temperatures and slightly moist dirt.

Back
Top Bottom