Ever see a topped plant grow three tops? here he/she is!!

lotus710

so i topped this plant and well. pics are better then words!

20150427_094645.jpg

20150501_151225.jpg

20150503_094942.jpg

The same thing happened to me. What I figure is that when I topped, I didn't get the main bud completely out, and so I ended up with 3 tops. Eventually, the branch coming off the main stem grew faster and thicker than the others, so this is how I figured out why I ended up with 3.

weird. i dont cut my tops i just pluck it all off with my fingers and a slight bend of the top node. it started growing a while after the two tops grew

One of the males I chopped yesterday had a triple branch like that, in a place I had not pinched. This part of the plant had grown larger than the rest, overnight, it seems, like it was in a hurry to grow up and do its thing. ;-)

Because the paired branches are not equal in thickness, I think that maybe you have two nodes right on top of each other. it is likely that the lower pair were just starting out when you FIM'd the top bud, but missed the two lower leaf buds. Hence the acronym FIM. ;-)

That is how I ended up with a triple.

Because the paired branches are not equal in thickness, I think that maybe you have two nodes right on top of each other. it is likely that the lower pair were just starting out when you FIM'd the top bud, but missed the two lower leaf buds. Hence the acronym FIM. ;-)

That is how I ended up with a triple.

Its hard to describe in text but ill do my best to explain. There were no branches growing out of the node I topped to. But when I did top, new tops began to grow from the normal spots, right where the stem of the leaf connects to make the node, these are the two bigger stems you see.

The smaller ones however, they strangely grew (to me it was a little strange) directly out of the main top I had cut off,it was a stump that was slowly blackening, but then two light green dots were appearing on the stump, these green dots grew into their own tops, and those are the smaller pair you see.

But since the smaller pair grew out of the main tops stump, which was originally a stem that supplied only one top, I think that explains why they are smaller and haven't caught up in size yet, the plant is still working out its nutrient pathways. The bigger pair has had a head start by about 2 weeks while the smaller pair struggled to push out of the seemingly dead stump. It was actually a pretty cool feat of nature if you ask me.

Its hard to describe in text but ill do my best to explain. There were no branches growing out of the node I topped to. But when I did top, new tops began to grow from the normal spots, right where the stem of the leaf connects to make the node, these are the two bigger stems you see.

The smaller ones however, they strangely grew (to me it was a little strange) directly out of the main top I had cut off,it was a stump that was slowly blackening, but then two light green dots were appearing on the stump, these green dots grew into their own tops, and those are the smaller pair you see.

But since the smaller pair grew out of the main tops stump, which was originally a stem that supplied only one top, I think that explains why they are smaller and haven't caught up in size yet, the plant is still working out its nutrient pathways. The bigger pair has had a head start by about 2 weeks while the smaller pair struggled to push out of the seemingly dead stump. It was actually a pretty cool feat of nature if you ask me.

It certainly is! This is my first grow (mini grow) and I'm seeing all kinds of growth variations in the same strain, even on the same plant! Your plant seems super vigorous. Hope you get a decent harvest from her!

Back
Top Bottom