Should I Top?

Hope II

420 Member
Hi Guys

I'm on my first ever grow, 6 plants (Auto Fems) in my 3’7” x 3’7” x 6’6” grow tent, under a LED 600w light.

I would appreciate some advice: Should I top the very tall plant in the photo? I'm currently in week 2 of flower.

Due to the height of the plant I can no longer lower the light, and I'm guessing this will ultimately lessen the final total yield.

Attachments

• 20190415_145350.jpg
    20190415_145350.jpg
    527.3 KB · Views: 101
It’s kind of hard to see what’s exactly going on in that picture. If your running out of room, then you may have a bit of a problem your right, but it’s not as big of a problem once thought. Like old salt said you can start bending her down, or super cropping is another option

Hi Guys

I'm on my first ever grow, 6 plants (Auto Fems) in my 3’7” x 3’7” x 6’6” grow tent, under a LED 600w light.

I would appreciate some advice: Should I top the very tall plant in the photo? I'm currently in week 2 of flower.

Due to the height of the plant I can no longer lower the light, and I'm guessing this will ultimately lessen the final total yield.
Supercrop that branch on the left to the height of the canopy and then tie it down. You’re only in week 2 flower so you’re money doing that at this point.

I would very carefully bend her over. Once in flower the stems become much more stiff and don't give way so easily. If you take your time and attempt it just before a watering it should work well.

Thanks for your help guys, i'll give it a go.

Super cropping, High-Stress Training; still much to learn :)

All part of the fun of growing.

Thanks for your help guys, i'll give it a go.

Super cropping, High-Stress Training; still much to learn :)

All part of the fun of growing.
Yeah it's a pretty big learning curve mate but its fun figuring it all out :)
Supercropping works wonders if you do it right but it's easier to just tie them down. I've tried it a few times and it's not as easy as it looks lol.

ive recently had some major heightt issues, i tried bending and supercropping to no avail and in the end sacrificed the shower to move them to from the tent, heavy heavy sativas though, and in hindsight not the best strain to try for a first time in the space i have lol lesson learnt!!

Ive got one now thats way to tall 3-4weeks left its to close to light but i turn daily and run a light on either side. Bending and tucking where i have to. Your plant looks great you will benefit from pulling that highest top down slowly
:morenutes:

Ive got one now thats way to tall 3-4weeks left its to close to light but i turn daily and run a light on either side. Bending and tucking where i have to. Your plant looks great you will benefit from pulling that highest top down slowly
:morenutes:
the guideline for these royal haze autos is 8-10 weeks and 60-100cm
mine are now 11 weeks today, both taller than me at 5’10, and still a few weeks away i think lol theyve been in the shower maybe 2 weeks now. pita. lol

the guideline for these royal haze autos is 8-10 weeks and 60-100cm
mine are now 11 weeks today, both taller than me at 5’10, and still a few weeks away i think lol theyve been in the shower maybe 2 weeks now. pita. lol
If I understand correctly 8-10 weeks refers to the flowering timeline are your plants 11weeks in flower or 11 weeks alive? Im not familiar with the royal strain but from what ive read the haze is a longer flowering strain in the 11week range. Nice commitment to the plant tho shower repurposed for grow op is cool im gonna creep your journal for pics!
:yummy:

If I understand correctly 8-10 weeks refers to the flowering timeline are your plants 11weeks in flower or 11 weeks alive? Im not familiar with the royal strain but from what ive read the haze is a longer flowering strain in the 11week range. Nice commitment to the plant tho shower repurposed for grow op is cool im gonna creep your journal for pics!
:yummy:
8-10 weeks seed to harvest it said lol
the seeds came from a royal queen royal haze auto grown outdoors last year, that one was grown in a 2l plastic bottle lol and was about 2 months.
these ones were in 10l pots from the off.
wasnt even sure they would auto flower at the start to be honest

8-10 weeks seed to harvest it said lol
the seeds came from a royal queen royal haze auto grown outdoors last year, that one was grown in a 2l plastic bottle lol and was about 2 months.
these ones were in 10l pots from the off.
wasnt even sure they would auto flower at the start to be honest
Interesting the small potted plant matured out quicker than the plant in a big pot. That is very consistent with what ive read and experienced with autos. Ive got an auto in a 3 gal pot thats over 5’ tall that i had to switch to 12/12 my point would be only that recommendation or expectations of seed company time frames are subject to many variables including grow space genetics and Mother Nature who btw doesn’t make things exactly the same very often thats why we clone. Found the shower pics btw very nice!!
:passitleft:

Interesting the small potted plant matured out quicker than the plant in a big pot. That is very consistent with what ive read and experienced with autos. Ive got an auto in a 3 gal pot thats over 5’ tall that i had to switch to 12/12 my point would be only that recommendation or expectations of seed company time frames are subject to many variables including grow space genetics and Mother Nature who btw doesn’t make things exactly the same very often thats why we clone. Found the shower pics btw very nice!!
:passitleft:

I was waiting for this topic. Out on a walk recently I noticed this tree that was “topped.” Look how the energy caused the branches to grow straight up, creating many potential canopy tops. Nature is neat.

Back
Top Bottom