Exhaust fan

Deivid

Hello everyone, is there are someone who have 4x2 tent with led lights?
I have mars hydro tsl2000 in 4x2x7 tent with exhaust 20w 5inches 190m3 but it's not enough to keep temperature belove 25, basically the tent has to be opened all the time... Outside temperature is just above zero, in the room about 19°C but in the tent is to hot, does someone know how to calculate watt power for exhaust?

Attachments

• 15805275166554309404929429843199.jpg
    15805275166554309404929429843199.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
Redo air flow. I tried pushing air in with a fan didn't work.

Run a dryer vent hose from ground level up to the side of the light. Next hose on the other side of the light, hose to fan sucking air out, fan to filter.

That way you are pulling 19c air across the fan out the other side.

Optionally the ballasts on those are removable, you can position them outside the tent to help reduce heat.

Hello everyone, is there are someone who have 4x2 tent with led lights?
I have mars hydro tsl2000 in 4x2x7 tent with exhaust 20w 5inches 190m3 but it's not enough to keep temperature belove 25, basically the tent has to be opened all the time... Outside temperature is just above zero, in the room about 19°C but in the tent is to hot, does someone know how to calculate watt power for exhaust?

Hi @Deivid , I have the TSL 2000 and a 2' x 4' tent - and I only remember the temps running around 25°C (77°F).

I use the VIVOSUN Air Filtration Kit: 4 Inch 203 CFM Inline Fan with Speed Controller with a 4'' Carbon Filter - and run it 24/7.

I also use the Inkbird IBS-TH1 Wireless Thermometer Hygrometer Monitor at canopy level.

Do you have your oscillating fans circulating the air upwards towards the exhaust port?

Keeping your tent open is going to let bugs in, smells out and light in during flower - all unwanted!

With the light on, passive vents closed, and filter on - you may need to invest in the 6" 390 CFM Inline Fan - especially if you have long ducting with lots of twists and turns.

You could also try an active system where you push the cooler 19°C (66°F) air into the tent.

Another option is to build some of these like I did - it's passive and prevents bugs and light from entering your tent:

1559176719602.jpg

Like @Apoc says, maybe run this passive duct up to the light's heat sinks so they have cooler air running across them - it won't take long, and it's a cheap solution.

Yes I do have 2 moving fans inside the tent and I have another airhole for air to come in, I'm going to buy another inline fan and and connect it to have blowing air in and out. And I have no ducting almost at all, as you seen carbon filter is inside the tent. Do you think 243m3 24w for exhaust and 185m3 20W would be enough?

Attachments

• 15805430651345019681901567054822.jpg
    15805430651345019681901567054822.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 49
  • 1580543087067254287742033911610.jpg
    1580543087067254287742033911610.jpg
    894.3 KB · Views: 44
I'm running a 2x4x6 with 440w of LEDs and I had the same problem.
I extended the cables on my driver's and hung them outside the tent and straight away there was a 4 degree c drop in tent temps.
Cool, I will try to do the same, where is located you exhaust ? At the bottom ar at the top?

Hi @Deivid , I have the TSL 2000 and a 2' x 4' tent - and I only remember the temps running around 25°C (77°F).

I use the VIVOSUN Air Filtration Kit: 4 Inch 203 CFM Inline Fan with Speed Controller with a 4'' Carbon Filter - and run it 24/7.

I also use the Inkbird IBS-TH1 Wireless Thermometer Hygrometer Monitor at canopy level.

Do you have your oscillating fans circulating the air upwards towards the exhaust port?

Keeping your tent open is going to let bugs in, smells out and light in during flower - all unwanted!

With the light on, passive vents closed, and filter on - you may need to invest in the 6" 390 CFM Inline Fan - especially if you have long ducting with lots of twists and turns.

You could also try an active system where you push the cooler 19°C (66°F) air into the tent.

Another option is to build some of these like I did - it's passive and prevents bugs and light from entering your tent:

1559176719602.jpg

Like @Apoc says, maybe run this passive duct up to the light's heat sinks so they have cooler air running across them - it won't take long, and it's a cheap solution.
Thanks for advises, I think I need to get extra fan and I will make in and out line with fans. I see no other option. I moved ballasts from the tent out as someone advised, in few minutes after I closed the tent temperature went to 26°C+ with in few minutes.... I didin't check how high temperature would rise but 26 it's too much already.
Moving fan just above the light I think will not help as the ballasts are removed from the tent. All heat comes straight from under the light, because of the short distance between canopy and light fan from above can't take the heat that fast. Maybe placing fan to the bottom would help but I think the best would be to get just a bit stronger one for inline??( would change stronger one for exhaust and weaker for inline)
By the way I'm also using Inkbird thermometer

Thanks for advises, I think I need to get extra fan and I will make in and out line with fans. I see no other option. I moved ballasts from the tent out as someone advised, in few minutes after I closed the tent temperature went to 26°C+ with in few minutes.... I didin't check how high temperature would rise but 26 it's too much already.
Moving fan just above the light I think will not help as the ballasts are removed from the tent. All heat comes straight from under the light, because of the short distance between canopy and light fan from above can't take the heat that fast. Maybe placing fan to the bottom would help but I think the best would be to get just a bit stronger one for inline??( would change stronger one for exhaust and weaker for inline)
By the way I'm also using Inkbird thermometer

At this point, I think you have exhausted all the quick work-arounds.

You're primary goal is two-fold: 1) proper air circulation and 2) exhaust hot air out of your tent.

Proper air circulation means drawing cooler air in at the bottom and exhausting hot air out the top.

If you start blowing air in, your exhaust won't be able to keep up.

I would suggest you either: a) upgrade to a 6" 390 CFM exhaust fan or b) install another 203 CFM exhaust fan.

If you go with installing another 203 CFM exhaust fan - please don't use a Y connection. We need those two exhaust lines to be mutually exclusive (independent).

A quick note - you are going to have negative pressure in your tent, so the sides will bow in. Therefore, you will need to set up some bracing around your tent to prevent this.

Here's an example from @Emilya 's garden: Tent Bracing

Alright, good luck, and please keep us posted on your solution.

At this point, I think you have exhausted all the quick work-arounds.

You're primary goal is two-fold: 1) proper air circulation and 2) exhaust hot air out of your tent.

Proper air circulation means drawing cooler air in at the bottom and exhausting hot air out the top.

If you start blowing air in, your exhaust won't be able to keep up.

I would suggest you either: a) upgrade to a 6" 390 CFM exhaust fan or b) install another 203 CFM exhaust fan.

If you go with installing another 203 CFM exhaust fan - please don't use a Y connection. We need those two exhaust lines to be mutually exclusive (independent).

A quick note - you are going to have negative pressure in your tent, so the sides will bow in. Therefore, you will need to set up some bracing around your tent to prevent this.

Here's an example from @Emilya 's garden: Tent Bracing

Alright, good luck, and please keep us posted on your solution.
No problem with negative pressure, tent came already ready for it as you can see on the picture.
What if I would use a second fan for inline ? Is that would work ? I know inline should be weaker then exhaust to keep negative pressure. After I removed ballasts from the tent temps cant go above 26.5°C when the tent is closed. At least with in one hour it with lights on temps did not exceed 26.5°C So I'm thinking small inline maybe would solve the problem? Maybe also adding co2 would let them to handle temperatures above 25-26°C ?

Thanks for advises.

Attachments

• 15805873794051105148453926170635.jpg
    15805873794051105148453926170635.jpg
    838 KB · Views: 52
I have a very similar setup 2x4 tent with TSL 2000. With a room temperature of 20C I get tent temps around 25C - that's with the light set to ca. 225W using the dimmers. This rose to over 28C when I got my filter clogged due to calcium dust from my atomizing humidifier using hard water and/or a case of way high RH for a few hours. I got my filter unclogged and circulation is back with 25C during daytime with lights on and ca. 19C-20C at night.

I've read several places that CO2 fed rooms/tent can take temps upwards to 30C.

Now, the real reason why I post here is that I see your TSL has looooong DC cables. Mine are barely long enough to go from the power supplies to the connectors on the light, whereas two new TS 1000s that I recently bought (for friends...) have long enough DC cables that the PSUs can be placed outside the tent.

So I wonder, did your TSL 2000 come with the long leads or are you using extensions, and is so where did you get some that are usable (I find many extension cables, but not useable ones, and all plugs I've looked up don't have power ratings that would feel safe)?

I have a very similar setup 2x4 tent with TSL 2000. With a room temperature of 20C I get tent temps around 25C - that's with the light set to ca. 225W using the dimmers. This rose to over 28C when I got my filter clogged due to calcium dust from my atomizing humidifier using hard water and/or a case of way high RH for a few hours. I got my filter unclogged and circulation is back with 25C during daytime with lights on and ca. 19C-20C at night.

I've read several places that CO2 fed rooms/tent can take temps upwards to 30C.

Now, the real reason why I post here is that I see your TSL has looooong DC cables. Mine are barely long enough to go from the power supplies to the connectors on the light, whereas two new TS 1000s that I recently bought (for friends...) have long enough DC cables that the PSUs can be placed outside the tent.

So I wonder, did your TSL 2000 come with the long leads or are you using extensions, and is so where did you get some that are usable (I find many extension cables, but not useable ones, and all plugs I've looked up don't have power ratings that would feel safe)?
It also depends on the hight of light, if it's far from the canopy themperature then goes a bit down.
Yes the cable were about 2m long when it came with the light, so I didin't need to buy extension cable, but I know that is possible to get it but I can't find info about connection dims. @Emilya knows better. She informed me about possibility to buy it apart the lights.

Aha, so they all come with longer cables now. The ones on my TSL 2000 are only 12-13 inches. That's so short that they do in fact place stress on the plugs, bending half the plug housing upwards. That's not good in itself. The TS lights use 2.5mm DC plugs, and I'd be happy to roll my own, but those plugs are seldom rated for much current. I'll ask SmokeSara about this, as I'd like to move the PSUs outside too.

Aha, so they all come with longer cables now. The ones on my TSL 2000 are only 12-13 inches. That's so short that they do in fact place stress on the plugs, bending half the plug housing upwards. That's not good in itself. The TS lights use 2.5mm DC plugs, and I'd be happy to roll my own, but those plugs are seldom rated for much current. I'll ask SmokeSara about this, as I'd like to move the PSUs outside too.
For me it helped just a little bit, maybe just one or two degrees went down. I also placed exhaust inside the tent so almost no ducting needed. And temps in the room where the tent is located are slightly lower then yours- 18°C or less if there is no lights in the tent on or tent is closed.
Do you like the light in overall? How much watt it consumes with full power on? Mine watt meter shows 350W so I'm wondering if it's right because alliexpress provided less if I remember well

I'm a noob so I don't really have anything to compare with except an old HPS and a blurple LED UFO. But in itself, the light seems to be good bang for the buck, and people aren't reporting failures. My plants grow dense tasty colas, so yeah, I'm happy :)
When do you start to use it with full power? Have you got light burns in the beginning?

Well, I'm really turning them down to 75% power to extend their life - they do get a bit hot. Like I mentioned, I'm a complete noob at this, so I should be taking advice, not giving it... :oops:

Anyway, what I do is adjusting the height instead of the power, and they do seem powerful enough for my 2x4 with 6 autoflowers at 225W. I could probably run them fine at 300W, but too much mechanical sympathy and professional knowledge about electronics makes it hard to run them permanently at full throttle... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Well, I'm really turning them down to 75% power to extend their life - they do get a bit hot. Like I mentioned, I'm a complete noob at this, so I should be taking advice, not giving it... :oops:

Anyway, what I do is adjusting the height instead of the power, and they do seem powerful enough for my 2x4 with 6 autoflowers at 225W. I could probably run them fine at 300W, but too much mechanical sympathy and professional knowledge about electronics makes it hard to run them permanently at full throttle... :cheesygrinsmiley:
So yours max output is 300W? Mine shows 350W

Back
Top Bottom