Exhaust fans above or below light?

gargoyle8

i am putting the final touches on my 3'x4'x8' grow cabinet. i will post pictures once i have the final product. i just started germinating seeds as of 01/01/09 so i have limited time. i am waiting for (4) 4.5''x4.5'' axial 50cfm ac fans to be delivered by 01/09/09. i plan on putting 2 fans for air intake at plant level. where should i put the 2 exhaust fans? i was thinking of putting them at either directly below the light to remove the hot air immediatly or above the light because heat rises. there is about 18'' open space above the light. i am using (2) 20watt cfl for the babies but will be switching to a 430watt sun argo hopefully very soon. i am setting up my cabinet in my 20'x20' garage on 3 acres of property with few neighbors. i am not so worried about smelling fumes as much as i am concerned with the heat build up.

I would definately put them above the light in order fully ventalate. If you put them under the light you have the potential for hot air to be trapped at the top. I'm sure it won't make too much off a difference... JMO...

Welcome to 420

Heat rises, Cool air is lower. I exhaust above my lights 18 inches out to the abyss. I intake at floor level with a 4" inline to, I do not intake on the plants themselves. Fans are in the center to evenly circulate the room.
Living in a rural area helps. Also I veg only indoors,using the outdoors all year long for flowering at many intervals.

Back
Top Bottom