EZ cloner won't work: pics

1st problem I see is that your spray bar is misaligned and most wont root because they need constant spray pattern
2nd the neoprene collars are haphazardly upside down...
3rd make sure the water level is 1/2" over the top of the mag pump
dont trim your leaves..EZ cloners dont need that
the temp is fine.
water is fine...weak nutes is mo better..600-700 ppm
when set up properly you will have mad roots in 7 days...sometimes sooner.
Ive seen lil white dots in 25 hrs. nubs in 48...small roots at 72..etc
we have various secret sauces on nute mixs that we all use on some level

GOT ROOT?
014146.JPG

What solution do you use in your cloner?

A
this is my third attempt at using this 60 site ez cloner. The first two times my stems turned to mush. After doing alot of research i decided to just use stright ph water with no nute in it. I have phed the water to 5.6, the room temp is around 75 and for the most part the water temp is around 72 degrees but got as high as 75 degrees. Its been 11 days and still no roots whatsoever. The only redeming factor is that the steems dont have any slime on them and they are not wilted. I have however had to further trim back the leaves becase the edges were showing damage. The resuvour looks clear.

will these clones finally root?
What am i doing wrong?
Any sugestions?
Should i start over?
ezcloner_2_.jpg
ezcloner.jpg
ezcloner_3_.jpg
ezcloner_4_.jpg

:420:First of all you need to take cuttings a little larger and don't cut them. More veg is important. They will root much faster. Get some carbon filtered and reverse osmosos water. PH it down to 5.8. Be sure to get your manifold so it's evenly centered. Yours is off. Be sure to cut with sterealized razor blade and cut at 45 degree angle. Don't remove outer skin. Make sure your cutting sticks out the bottom 1 1/2"- 2". Be sure to add 2 oz of clear Rez to EZcloner. This will keep down bacteria problems and keep cutting in nice shape. Dip cuttings in Ezclone rooting gell. Place in center of collar and place in Ezcloner. You may find a heat mat useful. Keep tank at about 78-80 degrees. They root the fastest at about 80 degrees. When nubs start to appear usually 4 days, add rapid start made by General Hydroponics to recommendation on bottle for cloning machines. Add 2 teaspoons of Super Thrive and a touch of Fox Farm Grow Big and a 1/4 cap of Big Bloom to about 250 PPM. Use a 2 tube 40 watt each one cool, 1 warm shop light and place 12" over cutting. More than enough light for rooting. Give it about 10-14 days for rooting.

It helps to replace your cloning collar, too. This happened to me and it set me back for a while. I try cleaning and expensive additive only to discover the cloning collar were re-inoculating the system.

The best approach is a massive sterilization of everything in your cloner (and around your cloner) and replacement of your neoprenes. EZ-Clone recommend this on their site. More recently I upgraded to PermaClone collars which you can bake or pressure cook to sterilize between cloning cycles.

Whichever collar you choose, I'd recommend bleaching your systems (as recommended by EZ-Clone) and inserting new or sterilized collars during your rinse cycle. Manifold tilting, water volume, sprayer angel, pH of water, light volume, hormone vs no hormone are all great discussions for dialing things in, but if you went from having roots to none at all, a pathogen OR salty water is your problem. Which one is it?

Cloner problems have been solved thanks to a lot of people's post on this and other forums, but here's the recipe that got my cloner working.

1. Bleach you cloner between cycle w/ ~2 cup of bleach & run for 30 min
2. Break down your system and clean each component thoroughly w/ bleach
3. use no more than two 2' t5 or shop lights.
4. Replace your cloning collars, use PermaClone (heat sterilizable collars) OR sterilize each collar by hand (your call, but pick one!)

Not doubting all this fancy stuff you got goin on but so far I have successfully rooted all 8 clones I have clipped in my very homemade DIY cloner using just a coffee can, a small air pump and an air stone. No special chemicals, no sprayers, just bubbly water. Im not cloning on a scale as large as yours but isnt our motto supposed to be K.I.S.S.?

Yes, but often times people come here real happy with the simplicity of their new store-bought system or a KISS-style DIY system only to find out later that they don't get the same cloning rates.

Regardless of the simplicity of your system, if you ever start to get decreased rates, it's good to know that pathogens are often part of the problem...and sterilizing you system.

depends on your water. my water has a bactiertia in it that causes this slime. I use either DM Zone or Botanicare hydroguard with excellent results.

1st problem I see is that your spray bar is misaligned and most wont root because they need constant spray pattern
2nd the neoprene collars are haphazardly upside down...
3rd make sure the water level is 1/2" over the top of the mag pump
dont trim your leaves..EZ cloners dont need that
the temp is fine.
water is fine...weak nutes is mo better..600-700 ppm
when set up properly you will have mad roots in 7 days...sometimes sooner.
Ive seen lil white dots in 25 hrs. nubs in 48...small roots at 72..etc
we have various secret sauces on nute mixs that we all use on some level

GOT ROOT?
014146.JPG
What is the orangish color on your roots from?

Back
Top Bottom