Fabric pots vs plastic pots in autopots?

Fabric pots allow for root to air prune and enhance root développement if the plant out grow its container and cancels chance of rootbound.. Has for plastic pot they can creat a rootbound giving the plant a hard time taking nutrient uptakes if the plant gets too big... These are the only diffrence between the too pots. Neither is better or worst if used properly.. Go a little bigger in plastic pot then you would with fabric pot. Maybe 3 gallon fabric for a 5 gallon plastic..

Here was my root system in an auto pot plastic pot.
IMG_20200217_113501790.jpg

Thanks. The autopots have 1 with the fabric pots that I think I may do in the tent on there.

I've looked at that setup for a 4x4. I haven't purchased yet, but it's on my semi-short list.

Definitely the fabric pot over the plastic one. I'd be running autos in a setup like that, and have been looking forward to doing it someday.

I personally never liked fabric pots, didnt have a good experience with them. I feel like a lot of the water pours out the side before getting to the root and I was wasting water and the roots didnt grow as well as I thought they would.

As for coco, from my expirence anything over 3 gal is gonna be a waste. You can and some do so they can water less but coco is hydroponics and it's almost impossible to get issues from being root bound. Almost being the key word here.

I highly suggest you check out floraflex IG. They're are people giving a full veg and flower in their 6" pots. These people are growing monsters in .5gal of coco. I think coco shines most in smaller pots when you give multiple waterings a day.

I'm currently growing in 1gal plastic pots (my favorite) but will be growing in .5gal of coco next round to see the difference.

20200305_131725.jpg
20200304_165025.jpg
20200310_133703.jpg
20200310_133716.jpg

See how my roots in 1gal cover the pot almost completely, the root shot above in the giant square pot has some wasted coco and is unnecessary to have a container that large.

Coco drain to waste diy setup with my person cross Grandberry Soda- GDP x Huckleberry Soda

This is a good resource

Thanks. That is interesting about the coco coir in the little pots. I think I may do the fabric pots in the autopots. Does anyone use 1/2" tubing with their autopots instead of the regular 1/4" tubing on there?

Thanks. It looks like autopots does have the tubing and the parts on the website for 1/2" tubing. I read it helps when using nutrients in the autopots though it looks like most people use the 1/4" tubing. Do you use anything like drip clean or h2o2 on there?

Thanks. It looks like autopots does have the tubing and the parts on the website for 1/2" tubing. I read it helps when using nutrients in the autopots though it looks like most people use the 1/4" tubing. Do you use anything like drip clean or h2o2 on there?

My notes on setup (for when I eventually get one) have noted to use 2 airstones to the res, and to use Z7.

I haven't had any line plug up yet, although one of my floats was stuck and flooded my grow tent. It was like a damn swimming pool in there. I do suggest a plastic tray for bottom of tent. They are alittle pricey but it will save you floor if you ever have a leak.

Thanks. I read that it is not recommended to put air stones in the reservoir with the autopots and that you can use a pump if you want to move the water around in the reservoir though I do not want to do that. I was thinking of using either h2o2 or drip clean on it. What kind of nutrients do you run in your autopots on there?

I don't personally see a reason to not run air in the res. Keeps a slight circulation, without over heating the water like a submersible pump would do, plus it keeps it from getting stagnant.

Back
Top Bottom