Fan on or off and NIGHT?

dogstick

Not quite sure the exact answer but right now I leave my out take fan on 24/7, I would like to know if 10min on every hour during night time will work. Give them enough fresh air. I would like to leave the fan off when the light is off but dont think that is feasble, any takes on this subject? 4 by 4 area.

Fans serve as a great way to move stale air around . They detour little pests that want a nice perch to land on and reproduce and to makes stems/branches stronger. Cannabis Plants Love to sway in a small breeze. So I say 24/7 is a good thing.

Yea it is primary due to the fact that I run a ac unit and it would save on the bill some rather than constantly sucking the cold air out. I would still have a small fan to move air around going, just concern with the outtake. Thanks

24/7 is ideal but cycling on and off is better than nothing at all. Will your temps climb high without the a/c on?

It is a GL 4 by 4 tent in a 11 by 11 room. I have a window ac and it is temperture set and the out take of the tent is going outside.

The fan is always on when the light is. So if I didnt have to exaust the big room as much then the ac would have to work as hard.

This summer I had to run my ac for 12 hours a day and 10 hours was just AC on by itself and it worked great. If the AC is on your window I would say that it is ok because it circulates some air.

well what dose the humidity get like at night.poor air movment can help bud rot to form

My night period is during the day and I have at least 2 Oscilating fans on at all time inside the room and the AC does exchange some air with the outside air so that helps some. But some nights(our day) it got up to 70 RH which is a little high but I'd rather have 70 RH than a 85-95 degree night period. Its cool now in the colder times, room doesn't even touch the 70 degree marker at night so the AC is off all day just run the exhaust now. I did get a little skeptical with the high RH but high night temps will guarantee dirt weed... I would say so I just weighed the odds out.

It is a GL 4 by 4 tent in a 11 by 11 room. I have a window ac and it is temperture set and the out take of the tent is going outside.

The fan is always on when the light is. So if I didnt have to exaust the big room as much then the ac would have to work as hard.

You might add a manual damper in front of your outtake to close while the ac is on. They make electric dampers that you could wire to be automatic with your ac turning on but that would be a lot of work. But anyway then you'd just be recirculating inside air instead of losing so much cool air through the outtake of your tent. A small manual damper will probably run you about 5-15 bucks depending on duct size and where you buy it, of course. Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom