Fan On Or Off

NewbieRick

420 Member
I have an AC Infinity in-line fan system watched to my tent. I have the fan set to 10 and my tent caves in when I close the vent. Am I harming my plants by turning the fan completely off during my 6 hour dark period?

I have an AC Infinity in-line fan system watched to my tent. I have the fan set to 10 and my tent caves in when I close the vent. Am I harming my plants by turning the fan completely off during my 6 hour dark period?

you can back the fan off a bit. you'll need circulation 24 / 7. you should run the scrubber pretty much constant, you don't need the fan at hurricane strength all the time, just enough to replace the air in the tent every 5 minutes.

I agree with Bluter... I always keep my fans on 24/7 because plants need the air exchange plus the carbon scrubbers do amazing work for keeping the smell away from nosey people.

If you don't have one, a nice fan speed controller I would recommend as you can dial down the fan speed if you want where it wont suck the walls in so much but still will provide a light negative pressure pulling air into the tent. Also if you wanted you could dial it down during dark periods since heat is less of a concern when lights are off. I think they even have automated digital ones now that you can program.

Personally I just have a manual dial speed controller on my fans and I have it set to low-medium and it works fine for me and the tents only cave in just slightly to let me know air is being pulled in at a decent rate. Also it seems the scrubbers work better with slower air speeds (IMO).

I run mine a little different, I have 8" intake and 8" exhaust with/carbon filter in a 6x6x7 tent. I set my timer to come on for about 1/2 hr ., every 2 hours, and in the afternoon when it's warmer I have them come on for an hour every other hour, and a couple times during the 5 hour dark period. It works for me, not saying that leaving them one 24/7 is a bad idea, but for my conditions it seems to work.

Back
Top Bottom