Fan question

merickson

Let me be the first to post in this sub-forum.

I'm setting up the AC for an indoor grow. I know the lights will be on a timer. What about the fan? Its used for fresh air rather than odor. Should it be on 24hr/day or will it be run on the same timer as the lights?

That depends on what the temp is in the room when your lights are off. Ideally yes you would want fresh air coming into the room at all times, but with winter coming on it might get to cold, that’s something your going to have to monitor and keep an eye on.

I just picked up a new blower fan for my room it’s a 15-inch blower, Puts out 300 cfm. I put a dimmer switch on it so I can adjust the speed of the fan motor. And I have electric heaters ready if it gets to cold in the room.

Thanks.

The ideal way to do it would be to hook it up to an Enviormental Controller. This way it can be set to kick on only when it gets too hot in the room say 80 degrees, it will also kick off once it gets to the desired temp say 74. You should have an inline fan drawing fresh into your room from a low point for fresh air. The a/c should be just for temp issues. This way it saves the life of your pricey a/c, the electric bill, and heps the plants from getting too cold. I believe the ideal venting procedure is to exhaust the volume of air in the room once every 5 min. Hope this helps.:peace:

In my origninal post, AC meant "alternating current". The fan is for fresh air only. In my location, temprature will not be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom