Feed weed to weed

johnehazeharvester

I'm trying an experiment. On my last harvest, I cut some of the branches and put in a mason jar with water and brown sugar. I have a fermenting lid and plan on leaving it for 20 or 30 days and then will see if my girls like this. I used one third sugar by weight and filled the rest with spring water. When I usually ferment for kimchi I use sea salt. I didn't think that would be great for these plants. I will see what happens. Anyone think this is a good idea?

From the Korean Natural Farming perspective you're mixing extraction processes. In KNF the extraction is made with equal amounts of plant material and brown sugar by weight. No water.

In Jadam, you would cover the fresh plant material with water and add some microbes and let it break down from there.

I've done both but more the latter these days. I make a separate extract for each strain from the nice green leaves from trimming and smaller larf buds after flip. Smells pretty bad but we mind, not the plants.

Check out my signature if you want to explore a bit.

I'm trying an experiment. On my last harvest, I cut some of the branches and put in a mason jar with water and brown sugar. I have a fermenting lid and plan on leaving it for 20 or 30 days and then will see if my girls like this. I used one third sugar by weight and filled the rest with spring water. When I usually ferment for kimchi I use sea salt. I didn't think that would be great for these plants. I will see what happens. Anyone think this is a good idea?
They love it....but ua gotta mox equal parts plant matter and brown sugar. No water. So like 1 cup h20 1 cup plant matter. Let ferment for 4-7 days. Not too long. Strain....mix......look up fpj. It will give the correct amount. Its very strong. Aloe works amazing too. You can water in amd foliar feed the solution. Read up before applying though. This shit is a game changer. For real.

From the Korean Natural Farming perspective you're mixing extraction processes. In KNF the extraction is made with equal amounts of plant material and brown sugar by weight. No water.

In Jadam, you would cover the fresh plant material with water and add some microbes and let it break down from there.

I've done both but more the latter these days. I make a separate extract for each strain from the nice green leaves from trimming and smaller larf buds after flip. Smells pretty bad but we mind, not the plants.

Check out my signature if you want to explore a bit.
Thanks Azimuth. I'm slowly working my way through your forum post. Are you using indigenous microorganisms or store bought or other?

They love it....but ua gotta mox equal parts plant matter and brown sugar. No water. So like 1 cup h20 1 cup plant matter. Let ferment for 4-7 days. Not too long. Strain....mix......look up fpj. It will give the correct amount. Its very strong. Aloe works amazing too. You can water in amd foliar feed the solution. Read up before applying though. This shit is a game changer. For real.
Thanks. I currently add 1/8 tsp aloe and Silicate to my foliar spray. I'm not familiar w fpj. I'll research it

Thanks Azimuth. I'm slowly working my way through your forum post. Are you using indigenous microorganisms or store bought or other?
As you read through that thread you'll see various experiments I've done with different inputs, but I've found my worm castings are undefeated vs leaf mold soil, LAB, and other things so I prefer to use them.

Back
Top Bottom