Feeding! Once and for all

Lukarine

420 Member
Feeding instructions on packaging instruct 1 to 2 teaspoons of food per gallon of water. That’s about 200 ppm give or take the food. My understanding is, that’s barley enough food for a 2 week old plant let alone a mature blooming one. Do you say screw the directions and let your ppm meter tell you? Thanks for any help.

Feeding instructions on packaging instruct 1 to 2 teaspoons of food per gallon of water. That’s about 200 ppm give or take the food. My understanding is, that’s barley enough food for a 2 week old plant let alone a mature blooming one. Do you say screw the directions and let your ppm meter tell you? Thanks for any help.
Hi @Lukarine and welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have some pretty week fertilizer there, probably meant for flowering plants... not fruiting plants.
Our weeds need a whole lot of nutrient, and you cant always rely on off hobby use nutrients to supply what is needed. I say to trust your ppm meter in this case... step it up to 900 or so and see what happens. Garden like a Boss!

Out of interest could you name the brand of nutrients you are using ?

200ppm does not sound a great deal, my own tap water is higher than that.

Just on the off chance your nutrients may be organic based & those do not read PPM/EC quite like the salt based nutrients.

image.jpg

Ummm... 23 is pretty low for tap water. Im not saying youre a liar... that’s just low. Mine is 50 and lower than most. You might want to check your meter. If it’s off by a factor of 2, you’re going to garden like an executioner. Your low tap ppm and surprisingly low nutrient mix just raises a few flags. If it walks, talks, and quacks...

Thanks. I’ll get another meter. Most of the bottled water I tested was around 15 on the one I have. My water tastes great so I didn’t don’t question but your right, gotta double check it.

well... I guess you could always do a simple NaCl reference. It’s been a long time since I’ve had to calculate grams of solute/liter to ppm. I bet google has a simple reference. Again, I’m not saying it’s wrong. It’s just a flag is all.

Did anyone answer your question?

Get a good PPM pen, and learn how to use it and why ... and calibrate it once a month.
Spend a hundred bux and get a Blue Lab.

I nute to 1000 ppm with about 150 of that Magnesium.
First two weeks of flower I go to about 1000.
Middle flower to 1200 while watching closely (I like to see the tip just starting to burn, then I back off).
End of flower to 800 or so.

Did anyone answer your question?

Get a good PPM pen, and learn how to use it and why ... and calibrate it once a month.
Spend a hundred bux and get a Blue Lab.

I nute to 1000 ppm with about 150 of that Magnesium.
First two weeks of flower I go to about 1000.
Middle flower to 1200 while watching closely (I like to see the tip just starting to burn, then I back off).
End of flower to 800 or so.
Thanks Man. That’s about as clear as it can be. Thanks for your time

Back
Top Bottom