Fellow Canadians Rejoice! bill C-15 and all the rest are dead!

OldMedUser

Formerly Known as LabRat
I just got this hot off the presses in my email from WhyProhibition.ca

Hello LabRat, I have some great news! C-15 is no more.

Today, Stephen Harper asked the Governor General to "prorogue" (end the session of) Parliament. This means that all the bills are dead, C-15 included!

Had it not been for the hard work of everyone in lobbying the Senate, C-15 would have passed into law. That's right, we campaigned politically and won! C-15 has been stopped!

The Parliament will resume in March, and we can assume Stephen Harper will reintroduce C-15 in some form shortly thereafter.

We can not stop now! We must continue to build so that when C-15 comes back we can face it with even greater numbers and more intense campaigning.

Go to Invite a friend | WhyProhibition.ca to invite your Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo friends to join WhyProhibition.ca, let's turn this victory on C-15 into real reform of Canada's drug laws!

Happy New Year,

-Jacob Hunter

WhyProhibition.ca is a project of the Beyond Prohibition Foundation:
142 - 757 W. Hastings, Suite 211
Vancouver, BC V6C 1A1
Canada

F'n great news! See, even the anti-Christ Harper can be stopped if enough stoners get off the couch and fight for our glorious plant. The fight isn't over by a long shot but this shows that repressive legislation can be beat down by the little guy.

:partyboy: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :partyboy:

Re: Fellow Canadians Rejoice! bill C-15 and all the rest are dead !!!

holy shit! (pardon the language..)

even though it's not for us, this does help. Rat, i didn't know thank you!

holy shit! (pardon the language..)

even though it's not for us, this does help. Rat, i didn't know thank you!

What do you mean, not for us? You're Canadian aren't you? C-6 and 52 are dead too.

Explain, please.

:peace:

the purpose of the prorogue wasn't for us, it's another of harper's stall tactics. a travesty of democracy. only in this case it works for us. so, i guess i should clarify...

WHOO HOO!!! i'm sure glad they killed it. haha.
and i'm glad they killed C-6/C-52 too. sure made my day.

just remember, they can bring these back when the sessions start up again in March.

the purpose of the prorogue wasn't for us, it's another of harper's stall tactics. a travesty of democracy. only in this case it works for us. so, i guess i should clarify...

WHOO HOO!!! i'm sure glad they killed it. haha.
and i'm glad they killed C-6/C-52 too. sure made my day.

just remember, they can bring these back when the sessions start up again in March.

It's a good indicator of Harper's level of frustration. Hopefully he's so stressed out he ends up in a rubber room. LOL

I know they can and will bring all these back under the cover of darkness but the blazing lights of freedom will find him out!

Harper's got too much invested in his agenda to give up. How much patronage does he get from everyone involved with new prison construction to house the expected inmates from passage of these bills?

Hopefully the torture scandal will scuttle his ship and we get someone a little more reasonable at the helm. What happened to the long gun registry? Another broken Harper promise. Bummer.

i just hope we can get him out of office soon. he's causing so much trouble there..

"blazing lights of freedom" <- love it!

It's a good indicator of Harper's level of frustration. Hopefully he's so stressed out he ends up in a rubber room. LOL

I know they can and will bring all these back under the cover of darkness but the blazing lights of freedom will find him out!

Harper's got too much invested in his agenda to give up. How much patronage does he get from everyone involved with new prison construction to house the expected inmates from passage of these bills?

Hopefully the torture scandal will scuttle his ship and we get someone a little more reasonable at the helm. What happened to the long gun registry? Another broken Harper promise. Bummer.

go get 'em LabRat Congrats on the defeat of C-5, 6, and C-15 that post sums it up quite nicely my friend, "end up in a rubber room" ....Classic LabRat

I think i speak for pot smoker, dealer, and grower alike when I say "its a good thing that this bill will never be passed," but we're lucky the conservatives are focused on maintaining power and not passing legislation. The only way to permanently rid ourselves of the threat of legislation in to remove the conservatives from power completely.

Stay green Canada

Don't forget John Q. Public and the tax hit we'd all take to build the new prisons, hire guards etc. Or the prisoners who suffer in third world conditions now in the overcrowded prisons we do have.

Keep your ears open for talk later this year about privatizing Canada's prison system to "save" the tax payer some money. It sure works good in the states so why not here too eh.

C-15 may be dead for now, but it will be back in a New and Improved version when parliament re-convenes.

This government is lost in a time warp and has no ability to learn from other's mistakes and he that cannot learn from the past is doomed to repeat it.

It would be nice if Harper could stop trying to meld religion with politics as well. They are not supposed to be bedfellows. What are we . . . Iranians?

I fear for our future under Harper's thumb, er, boot heel.

That's right Rat.. we need to have constant vigilance! and vote these damned conservatives out of office.

what is c-15 about? and 6 and 52. i dont know. just thought i would ask. also dont private prisons make more money for the govt?

blknazn, good question. there is a complicated answer and a simple answer. i urge you to do some reseach to get the long answer, but here's the short..

C-15 was to be canada's "mandatory minimum sentence" law with regards to drug possession.
C-6/52 was a bill to form a new agency in the govt. for ensuring the safety of products imported, exported, bought, sold, stored, (you get the picture) etc, in canada. The problems with C-6 were that it was so vague in what was regulated, it allowed the minister in charge to change what is regulated without need to prove that it's dangerous, and allowing the agents of this agency to stomp on your rights of privacy and private property.

again, i urge you to look into these. they were effectively killed in the current incarnations by Harper Proroguing parliment, but i can 99% guarantee that they will be back with a few amendments and a new number when parliment starts up again in march..

so be aware and spread the word.

Long Live Freedom! Long Live The People!

thanks ill definately arm myself with the knowledge you have brought forth. merci

great to hear. there's link in my sig to some info, if you're looking.

take care!

Back
Top Bottom