Female? Male? Too soon?

killacam88

Hey All,
So I'm sure this is one of the most common questions on here so I'm sorry just trying to learn from my mistakes. Anyways, I have a A plant i got from a friend that had no info about it, not even when he first saw it sprout. So I estimated that it is about 5 weeks old. It is a outdoor soil grown when I got the plant it was a little less than a foot tall. It is now 1' 8" tall. My question is, the its a pod like things in the first couple of nodes. I don't see any pistils coming out. They have been there about a week now with no change. Is it doomed? Here is a picture i can try to get a better one if needed.

IMG_20150923_111638.jpg

It's hard to tell from that picture. Can you get one that is a little more in focus?

ist female 100%

Not sure how you can tell. There isn't any pistol coming out of the preflower and the picture is to blurry to see if it's claw shaped.

That is quite clearly a male preflower. I have no clue what the other commenters mean by "a claw". Make preflowers show up on the sides of a node whereas female preflowers show in the crotch of the side branch at the node. The photo is plenty clear, if you know what you are looking for. Give it a few more days & you will see a tiny stalk with a ball on the end. That is your male flower. Either separate and flower him far away from the females, or destroy it unless you want a whole harvest of seeds.

Also: The plant odor tells you nothing about the gender. I have flowered plenty of males that were as pungent as a female. Wherever that information came from is flat wrong.

That is quite clearly a male preflower. I have no clue what the other commenters mean by "a claw". Make preflowers show up on the sides of a node whereas female preflowers show in the crotch of the side branch at the node. The photo is plenty clear, if you know what you are looking for. Give it a few more days & you will see a tiny stalk with a ball on the end. That is your male flower. Either separate and flower him far away from the females, or destroy it unless you want a whole harvest of seeds.

Actually female preflowers show up in pretty much the same spots as male preflowers on every plant that I've ever grown. And male preflowers do look a bit like a claw when they first emerge. I appreciate the vote of confidence, but I've been doing this quite a number of years and I know what I male preflower looks like. While this particular preflower looks like it could be a male, be careful presenting an intelligent guess as concrete fact, when the picture is obviously at least a little ambiguous.

RICHARD
LIKE A REAL GROWES BETTER TO WAIT FLOWER SHOW MAYBE A WEEK WOT IST F----- OR M------
Some times more important ist time and patience .

OK I am going to give it some time and see. My girl that is flowering now didn't take this long at all to show but we will see. Thank you all for the advice. I'm gonna hope for the best. I will update once I can confirm.

So while moving my plants in tonight due to storms, I decided to take another look at this plant. The spot I took a picture of on the main stem has yet to change. The one I had not been doing was checking the tops of my plant and branches. Sure enough there were the pistils. All over every branch. I did top this plant about a week ago. Which may have slowed the flowering. Will update with the pics tomorrow. They need there rest. Thanks so much to all for the help!

So while moving my plants in tonight due to storms, I decided to take another look at this plant. The spot I took a picture of on the main stem has yet to change. The one I had not been doing was checking the tops of my plant and branches. Sure enough there were the pistils. All over every branch. I did top this plant about a week ago. Which may have slowed the flowering. Will update with the pics tomorrow. They need there rest. Thanks so much to all for the help!

You see hhhhhh

So here are the pictures. I add one to show we are talking about just one plant. The original picture I posted still looks the same as it does in that picture. I can post an updated picture of it if anyone wants. Still unsure what it is. Again thank you guys for the help. I have definitely learned to be more observant.

IMG_20150925_163519.jpg

IMG_20150925_163718.jpg

Back
Top Bottom