Few questions about bud growth and co2

Silentbob-420

I'm at about the 4.5 week mark of flowering in a non co2 environment (which is sealed...i know i know).

The next piece I'm looking at adding is co2 obviously (have my regulator and timer need tank....)

My question/concern is how much will they actually benefit this late in the game? I know it will be excellent for next go around, but I'm guessing I've missed out on the majority of potential bud swell from having it the whole time?

Also what stages/weeks contribute most to bud swelling? I know genetics plays a huge part if it's a true 8 week or in reality a 10 week which is more than likely for most of us out here whether we choose to believe that or not lol...

Thanks for your time and looking forward to responses.:Namaste::peace:

CO2 is the gas for your plant. If you have really low PPM, then it's like the fuel filter is plugged up and the plant doesn't get much gas. But, when the PPM is higher, then it revs the plants engine. If you want bigger growth .... give it higher PPM. Late in the game when the flowers are starting to fatten up and get dense ..... that is a very good time to run CO2.

From the sounds of it u wont benefit enough to justify cost. I mean that with no offense intended.

C02 is something that shouldn't even be considered until you have been running your room and strains for years. You are dialed in and have hit your rooms.potential. those using c02 in any successful justifiable manner are masters of.their craft and are looking to see the true genetic potential of the plant. Putting c02 in a room lacking experience or proper set up is like putting a band aid on a hatchet wound.

Again I mean.NO offense by any of this. But the facylt that u must ask how much of an improvement it will make leads me to believe you are perhaps fairly inexperienced and I would feel like an asshole if I didn't chime in and save you some money and headache.

I don't aim to discourage, for all I know you're a master botanist that missed the 2 months of schooling that covered c02 just he wording of the question lead me.to the above conclusion. That's not to say it wont add some benefit (obviously) but the cost of equipment and refills.I feel will far outweigh the marginal (possibly) gain u will get back. Master your craft before u refine it.

From the sounds of it u wont benefit enough to justify cost. I mean that with no offense intended.

C02 is something that shouldn't even be considered until you have been running your room and strains for years. You are dialed in and have hit your rooms.potential. those using c02 in any successful justifiable manner are masters of.their craft and are looking to see the true genetic potential of the plant. Putting c02 in a room lacking experience or proper set up is like putting a band aid on a hatchet wound.

Again I mean.NO offense by any of this. But the facylt that u must ask how much of an improvement it will make leads me to believe you are perhaps fairly inexperienced and I would feel like an asshole if I didn't chime in and save you some money and headache.

I don't aim to discourage, for all I know you're a master botanist that missed the 2 months of schooling that covered c02 just he wording of the question lead me.to the above conclusion. That's not to say it wont add some benefit (obviously) but the cost of equipment and refills.I feel will far outweigh the marginal (possibly) gain u will get back. Master your craft before u refine it.

Hmm welll I guess that's one way to look at it. Inexperienced yes. This is just my 2nd totally my own grow and only the 4th that I've participated in. The only issue with this scenario is that I was putting things together in a new location as I was getting ready for flower. Now I'm like I mentioned by no means any type of expert. However I do have some great looking plants that are 6-7 feet tall and should yield me some tasty meds. Almost 5 weeks in and everything is as frosty as the windshields outside.

Again another thing that you may have uh skipped over, but I mentioned that I already have purchased the regulator as well as a digital timer to set the co2 the way I would like it. I feel that my sealed room that stays between 77-80 degrees will be perfect for the addition of co2. I plan on using this for every grow going forward (regardless of the minor $17/tank fill ups ooh nooo).

My main 2 questions were about how much benefit would it be to have for the last 3-3.5 weeks? And at what point do the buds really start to swell (with or w/o co2)? From what I've gathered weeks 6-8 really pack on the weight. So thats what I'm hoping for. It's been since last may since I had a harvest and my mind is a tad fuzzy on how things progressed as I'm such a newb lol.

IMAG020813.jpg

Bro that ain't nwbie, lol.

I would add it in with that setup. but the space isn't right for it. You need way more gas than you think to fill that area. Unless you are going to plastic-up the hsp zone.

Instead of that... drop a few vertical T5-8bulbs vertically facing those Canada poppers. The added 5400-7200 spec will do more than the CO2.
Another option is to simply use the tent and gas the shit out of them in the last 6-10 days. but in that sense, you will need to add some serious lumen to that tent.

A room that size would do better with a CO2 burner.

I grow in a box. Many people don't use enough ventilation and don't move enough air into thier enclosed grow boxes. This makes the PPM get way too low. In these kind of cases, CO2 helps alot. I have really good air circulation. But, I still use an enclosed space. So, any added CO2 to my setup would help out alot. This is where a tank would be ideal. A buddy has a large room that he uses CO2 in. Problem is, he goes through a tank every 3 to 4 days. That gets really expensive.

Sorry I misread. U can add of and if u keep temps under control and sealed tight it will help a bit. I just feel you will waste more gas than its worth to gain this say. Sorry I worded myself so poorly. There's some solid advice just above this post.

Back
Top Bottom