Film Can From 77 To Today

I would love to have that genetic time capsule..what do you suspect they are?
I was told on this site that they are Sativa.
I was told yesterday at the Hydro store that there was only a few strains in 77. He said a number but I don't remember what it was, I think it was only 7. I asked if he or anyone else would be interested in the clones and he said no, seeds maybe but clones no. I'll probably just let the the strain end here unless it smokes unreal. The plants are slow growing and maybe would do better outdoors or maybe it is just my lights. I think I will move a clone or two outside as soon as the weather stabilizes and see. Maybe I just fed them wrong and didn't manage the darkness well at all.

You are welcome to stop by Denver area.

Hard to believe these moms are just shy of being 7 mo old!
Taken 10/07/2020

20201007_135441.jpg

I googled sativa strains from 1977. NOT PRETTY! Not sure what the hype is about preserving this strain but I guess I'll just let it run it's course. Those High Times photos are just plain DISCUSTING! Talk about WEED! I should of searched before I threw those seeds in the paper towel.

I am having heat issues in the washroom that I didn't have with the veg lights. Got to 99 degs yesterday. I measured the ballast and it was 108F and the bulbs I can hold onto. They are cooler than the Veg bulbs so I don't get the heat issue now. Maybe because there is fewer plants in the room? I think they liked it though, no ill effects.
I have a window AC unit and will see what I can do about more outside ventilation yet keep it dark.

I noticed small pinholes in the tent where some of the stitching is. A dab of tent seam sealer and it's all good. No holes in the fabric just from the needle.

I googled sativa strains from 1977. NOT PRETTY! Not sure what the hype is about preserving this strain but I guess I'll just let it run it's course. Those High Times photos are just plain DISCUSTING! Talk about WEED! I should of searched before I threw those seeds in the paper towel.

I am having heat issues in the washroom that I didn't have with the veg lights. Got to 99 degs yesterday. I measured the ballast and it was 108F and the bulbs I can hold onto. They are cooler than the Veg bulbs so I don't get the heat issue now. Maybe because there is fewer plants in the room? I think they liked it though, no ill effects.
I have a window AC unit and will see what I can do about more outside ventilation yet keep it dark.

I noticed small pinholes in the tent where some of the stitching is. A dab of tent seam sealer and it's all good. No holes in the fabric just from the needle.
I use spray Flex seal. It’s like rubber. From the as seen on tv store. Hehe
Black as night and works great on small stuff.
Flexes with the tent.
Great for pin holes.
For big holes try a 410 ;)
Bill

That is awesome. I tried that with all the seeds I saved from the 70's and could not 1 to germinate.
a little trick is to soak them in liquid smoke (or just water that you've smoked works as well) instead of normal water. not sure why but this is what they do at the ark apparently, saw a doco on it once, never tried cannabis seeds though...

what the hell, where do i get me some of this tent seam sealer? rats chewed a hole in mine :( and nothing wants to stick to it for some reason, probably cos its water proof I guess. UI think ima just buy a new one unfortunately :(

what the hell, where do i get me some of this tent seam sealer? rats chewed a hole in mine :( and nothing wants to stick to it for some reason, probably cos its water proof I guess. UI think ima just buy a new one unfortunately :(
I don't know about a rat hole...but I've used "Flex Seal" to cover pin holes in my tents :thumb:

You may be able to cut a "patch" and use the spray to glue it to the tent...from the outside :rofl: ...it comes in gray, white, and black for about 12 bucks a can, got mine at Lowes :thumb: ...FYI, it takes 24 hours to set and dry...

that was the plan cut up one of the floor inlays I have and use it as patch material, but haven't found anything that sticks, tried epoxy and basically all other glues I found but this sounds good, think I should just buy a new one though its a pretty big hole. lol
My go to glue is "Rubber Contact Cement" hell I've put soles back on my boots with it :thumb: ...put it on with a cheap paint brush, cover both pieces with it and let it dry, so you can touch it, then place the piece on the other side of the contact cement and they "WILL NOT" come apart, and it's water proof...been my go to glue since I used on some formica counter tops, that shit don't come apart :thumb:

Big5, Cabela's or any camping supply for sure. Called "Seam Seal". It isn't for big stuff. Just penetrates the stitch hole well and seals it.

My go to glue is "Rubber Contact Cement" hell I've put soles back on my boots with it :thumb: ...put it on with a cheap paint brush, cover both pieces with it and let it dry, so you can touch it, then place the piece on the other side of the contact cement and they "WILL NOT" come apart, and it's water proof...been my go to glue since I used on some formica counter tops, that shit don't come apart :thumb:
I have been using Flex Seal products lately with great success on a variety of things from roof, gutter, grow trays, gaskets and seals. I used rubber cement shit tons before Flex Seal. I have cans and spray cans. I formed Way Seals for the mill with the can stuff last week.

I used to take "Shoe Goo" and coat the wear surfaces of my new work boots. I did stucco and spray plaster for some time and would wear out the tops of my boots in less than 2 weeks dragging a concrete pump hose across them all day. That shit is TOUGH!

I had Chipmunks chew holes in my tent when I lived on my bike. I used a patch kit from my air mattress. The best is iron on patches if you have the means, inside and out. The two sticky sides will stick together where there is a hole. The edges may peel away in time but it won't leak.

I spent a few hours today trimming away the trash on the moms. They looked so nice before and so barren now.
I really don't think these plants are of the type that will have big buds. I remember lots of small buds but I didn't do the work that I did with these girls. I'm expecting lots more small buds. I just hope they look better than the HT photos of 77's.
I broke a big branch yesterday morn LST. Toothpick and duct tape and it looked fine this morning. These girls are tough for sure to have survived me so far. The other 5 didn't!
Keeping moms under bloom light 24/7 till it recovers from my wrath from yesterday and today. I bent the main branch significantly today on the big one. It didn't break!

I probably should of started a grow journal instead of on here. Kinda late now.

I spent a few hours today trimming away the trash on the moms. They looked so nice before and so barren now.
I really don't think these plants are of the type that will have big buds. I remember lots of small buds but I didn't do the work that I did with these girls. I'm expecting lots more small buds. I just hope they look better than the HT photos of 77's.
I broke a big branch yesterday morn LST. Toothpick and duct tape and it looked fine this morning. These girls are tough for sure to have survived me so far. The other 5 didn't!
Keeping moms under bloom light 24/7 till it recovers from my wrath from yesterday and today. I bent the main branch significantly today on the big one. It didn't break!

I probably should of started a grow journal instead of on here. Kinda late now.
I kept my moms under low light so they don't grow like crazy.
Just 2 cents.
Bill

These are the other clones. I feared the two had pollen sacs.
The only thing that has changed is I started with the new nutes one watering so far.
75-78F
30-60%RH
18/6 Veg bulb

20210521_193445.jpg

20210521_193533_001.jpg

20210521_193621.jpg

20210521_193654.jpg
I'm sorry I didn't realize you were flowering the moms.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom