Film Can From 77 To Today

IMG_20210522_184916_2.jpg
IMG_20210522_184755_6.jpg

Tip to remember if there's more than one of those things together it's mostly likely a boy. Even in that one with more it has 4 at that node spaced even around the arm. Also the hairs should be white at first :) also once you've had some experience you'll notice that if it's not standing and pointing up AND isn't finishing in a nice point its a boy. after a few times you'll just be able to recognize the difference between a calnyx and a pollen saceven super young regardless of the fact that look VERY similar to begin with.

My go to glue is "Rubber Contact Cement" hell I've put soles back on my boots with it :thumb: ...put it on with a cheap paint brush, cover both pieces with it and let it dry, so you can touch it, then place the piece on the other side of the contact cement and they "WILL NOT" come apart, and it's water proof...been my go to glue since I used on some formica counter tops, that shit don't come apart :thumb:
tried rubber cement. the weight of the patch caused it to fall off. but I guess I didn't try cutting 2 pieces, I just tried sticking it to the tent, I figured the pressure difference would suck it on but noooope.
and shame it doesn't stick well for bigger things. oh well, the tents aren't super expensive, and probably wanna split it into 2 spaces so I can use my 6th light.

tried rubber cement. the weight of the patch caused it to fall off. but I guess I didn't try cutting 2 pieces, I just tried sticking it to the tent, I figured the pressure difference would suck it on but noooope.
and shame it doesn't stick well for bigger things. oh well, the tents aren't super expensive, and probably wanna split it into 2 spaces so I can use my 6th light.
It may have been sprayed with Scotch Guard or some repellant. Acetone first then coat both sides of patch and let set before applying patch.

It may have been sprayed with Scotch Guard or some repellant. Acetone first then coat both sides of patch and let set before applying patch.
so i re-read your post and maybew I should've just applied it correctly, because what you've said as informed me I didn't do this. adhesives usually work best when you apply them correctly :)
ah acetone not sure why i didnt think of that,I was assuming since its probably a waterporood material, the glue cant soak in, I did try roughing up the surface also tried sticking super light material, seems once its dry it falls off. like, this is cos 2 corners have like head sized holes and one of my zippers is totally bust for one of the doors. makes keeping it airtight VERY difficult (read impossible)

I have some water in the bottom of the Botanicare trays that the level is just below the pot trays. Cut up some old socks and moisture wicks up the socks and raises the humidity by 25 to 40% above our 20% average. The tent never goes below 31% if the exhaust fan is on then quickly raises to 45% when the exhaust fan turns off now.
I don't have a fan blowing directly on the socks but close. The humidity is too high if you have a fan on the socks, plus it cools the air too much. I opted to add socks and not blow air on them. I plan on replacing the socks every week or so. I have shit tons of them.
I am going to make a wire rack for them now that I know it works so well.
I have a humidifier but it is not heated air and has to run constantly on low and is a pain to fill. On high it is just too cool of air coming out. It also cools the tent down too much when the lights were off and the heater has to run more. This works well enough and is free. IT did take some time to figure out how many socks to use and where to put them.

20210525_064139.jpg

20210525_065312.jpg

I change the socks and water they are in every 2 days now. Add half a lemon to each tray of water. I could tell the socks would start to smell if I left them in longer. See if the lemon helps.
I also see water being absorbed into the cinder block. I need to make sure nothing starts growing on it. Maybe the lemon will work? What else could I put in the tray water to keep bacteria down?

I change the socks and water they are in every 2 days now. Add half a lemon to each tray of water. I could tell the socks would start to smell if I left them in longer. See if the lemon helps.
I also see water being absorbed into the cinder block. I need to make sure nothing starts growing on it. Maybe the lemon will work? What else could I put in the tray water to keep bacteria down?
Hey @On the Fence great garden.
I have a shop vac I keep handy. If I get water in catch trays I just vac it out and dump it.
The raised tray you have you could just drill a hole and let 8t drain into a 5 gal pail.
Just 2 cents.
Happy growing friend.
Bill

Hey @On the Fence great garden.
I have a shop vac I keep handy. If I get water in catch trays I just vac it out and dump it.
The raised tray you have you could just drill a hole and let 8t drain into a 5 gal pail.
Just 2 cents.
Happy growing friend.
Bill
The trays have a slope built into them for drainage. Just need to pop a hole and plug. Would make it easier to change water. I used the shop vac as you did which is pretty easy too.
Would like to add something to the water to inhibit algae.
I could easily put the humidifier back in the washroom and clean it weekly and then there is the tablets and filter replacement and more watts. It is just too crowed in the 2x4 though but it could be done if I remove the Botanicare tray. I had the humidifier outside of the tent but it was piping in too cool of air all the time. The tent is not in a heated space.

THX Bill.
I raped the moms and took 12 more clones and labeled them this time. LOL They didn't like the light under the dome ( I didn't think they would) so I put them inside on a heat mat and put the blue 15w leds on them and they perked back up the next day. I was surprised being they were all on the ground, dry and no moisture on the dome. 100% RH now instead of them drying out in no time in the tent.
Going to take it easy on them for a week or so and then do some more trimming on the bigger one. I changed the nutes a few days earlier, took a good bit off them, then changed the lights and went 12/12.
These girls are tough.

20210525_064440.jpg

20210525_064132.jpg

THX Bill.
I raped the moms and took 12 more clones and labeled them this time. LOL They didn't like the light under the dome ( I didn't think they would) so I put them inside on a heat mat and put the blue 15w leds on them and they perked back up the next day. I was surprised being they were all on the ground, dry and no moisture on the dome. 100% RH now instead of them drying out in no time in the tent.
Going to take it easy on them for a week or so and then do some more trimming on the bigger one. I changed the nutes a few days earlier, took a good bit off them, then changed the lights and went 12/12.
These girls are tough.

20210525_064440.jpg

20210525_064132.jpg
Be careful with the heat mat. I've boiled clones with those dam things.
I don't trust the stat on them anymore.
Glad you labeled them this time. :rofl:
Bill

Be careful with the heat mat. I've boiled clones with those dam things.
I don't trust the stat on them anymore.
Glad you labeled them this time. :rofl:
Bill
Live and learn. HAHA
Guess I have been trusting the stat.
I have 2 heavy towel layers on top of mat,2 under, plus one tray with 1/2" water in it and two more with holes on top of that. The water temp is 72 degs in the tray with no stat and on 24/7. I'm using the temp control in my tent till another one gets here fri. I had to put a heater in the tent and don't trust the onboard stat on the heater. It is just a dial
I have heard guys setting timer to 10 on and 20 off and 10 10 as well and not use the control. THe timers with the little tabs you pull out to set time on a 360 deg dial.

Live and learn. HAHA
Guess I have been trusting the stat.
I have 2 heavy towel layers on top of mat,2 under, plus one tray with 1/2" water in it and two more with holes on top of that. The water temp is 72 degs in the tray with no stat and on 24/7. I'm using the temp control in my tent till another one gets here fri. I had to put a heater in the tent and don't trust the onboard stat on the heater. It is just a dial
I have heard guys setting timer to 10 on and 20 off and 10 10 as well and not use the control. THe timers with the little tabs you pull out to set time on a 360 deg dial.
That thing would drive me nuts. I have a hard time figuring out digital ones. :laugh:
There are sponsors here that have great controllers.
Whats the temp of tent without heat.
Bill

That thing would drive me nuts. I have a hard time figuring out digital ones. :laugh:
There are sponsors here that have great controllers.
Whats the temp of tent without heat.
Bill
I did at first and still have questions about changing from heating to cooling mode. Confusing with all the =<> stuff. It has Humidity control too which now I am not using to control anything since I put water in the large trays and took out the humidifier. Still on the fence about the socks. I can get to over 50% without them.

The Vivosun heat control I don't like. You can only change the temp in whole degs yet it reads in tenths.

The temp with lights off gets down in the high 50's and it is spring time. Humidity with lights off is 52%. I think having the heater under the tray helps raise humidity plus the exhaust fan doesn't come on till 80 which won't happen at night. I keep temp at plant level at 79-80. The exhaust fan has to run to keep temp down when lights are on and then humidity drops to 31-46% because of fan and top lighting?
I may raise the buckets off the floor in the tent and fill them with water to help stabilize the temp. I did this in the washroom. Not sure if it did anything but it couldn't hurt. Maybe even put fish tank heaters in the buckets the trays sit on too.

20210525_144121.jpg

I did at first and still have questions about changing from heating to cooling mode. Confusing with all the =<> stuff. It has Humidity control too which now I am not using to control anything since I put water in the large trays and took out the humidifier. Still on the fence about the socks. I can get to over 50% without them.

The Vivosun heat control I don't like. You can only change the temp in whole degs yet it reads in tenths.

The temp with lights off gets down in the high 50's and it is spring time. Humidity with lights off is 52%. I think having the heater under the tray helps raise humidity plus the exhaust fan doesn't come on till 80 which won't happen at night. I keep temp at plant level at 79-80. The exhaust fan has to run to keep temp down when lights are on and then humidity drops to 31-46% because of fan and top lighting?
I may raise the buckets off the floor in the tent and fill them with water to help stabilize the temp. I did this in the washroom. Not sure if it did anything but it couldn't hurt. Maybe even put fish tank heaters in the buckets the trays sit on too.

20210525_144121.jpg
Sounds like you are spending alot of time on humidity.
For the most part I let it fluctuate. Only time I get concerned is if it gets over 60.
Keep your pot temps at minimum 65F good air circulation and they will be fine.
Its when pot and root zone gets cold is an issue. Don't fret as much about rh as those root tem
Bill

Had a Miller Moth get in the tent and I found a hole in a leaf. I figure he came in through the fan which I had been meaning to cover so light wouldn't get in, but didn't consider a bug screen.
A bit of paper, carboard, duct tape and call it good enough for who it's for.

20210528_070601.jpg

20210528_073907.jpg

20210528_074059.jpg

Got some issues. curling down tips and some brown edges on a few branches. Mostly the top big leaves but not all tops.
87 degs 40%rh, watered 3 days ago with bloom and calmag. Flushed with plain water 6.5 ph and get the same ph in the runoff. 12/12 3 days ago

20210528_205158.jpg

20210528_205246.jpg

Back
Top Bottom