Filter ain't making it

Leotattoo420

I have a Cloudline T6 Infinity fan and a four inch carbon filter. I had purchsed the filter thinking I needed a four inch fan. I learned through further inquiry that a six inch fan would be necesary, bit returning he filter wasnt so fit and tidy. Therefore I have just been using the 4" filter. It should do the job according to yhe math in my 4*4 tent, but its not. Fan is set to on, at level 8 largely to control humidity, but the smell is noticable. Luckily, no one is coming in the house for some time!

Don't the Cloudlines kick off & on at different Temps & Humidity ? How are they going to remove odors if they don't run constantly ? I use a 4" Fan & Filter in a 3' x 4' x 6' tent constantly running on Low (about 3 setting) & no smell until I open the tent. Open the tent & it hits you in the face. While Closed ... No Smell.

My Cloudline T6 has the option to kick on and off at set temp/humidity, timer, or constantly on. I find it hard to believe it lacks the power to move enough air in that size area. My T6 is in a 48"'x36"x72" and creates negative pressure running on 1/10, I usually run it on 3. Anything above 6 is like a jet. My old regular 6" inline fan was about 50x as loud and moved less air.

From your post it sounds like you have a 4" filter connected to a 6" fan, do you have any pics? You want to make sure that connection is secure and no air is leaking in there because that means it's not getting pulled through the filter itself. Duct tape works but with a 4"/6" setup I'd get an actual duct reducer from the hardware store. Also make sure that the area and the end of the ducting is clear and that it isn't blocked up against the wall or ceiling.

My Cloudline T6 has the option to kick on and off at set temp/humidity, timer, or constantly on. I find it hard to believe it lacks the power to move enough air in that size area. My T6 is in a 48"'x36"x72" and creates negative pressure running on 1/10, I usually run it on 3. Anything above 6 is like a jet. My old regular 6" inline fan was about 50x as loud and moved less air.

From your post it sounds like you have a 4" filter connected to a 6" fan, do you have any pics? You want to make sure that connection is secure and no air is leaking in there because that means it's not getting pulled through the filter itself. Duct tape works but with a 4"/6" setup I'd get an actual duct reducer from the hardware store. Also make sure that the area and the end of the ducting is clear and that it isn't blocked up against the wall or ceiling.
Oh, I do.

Attachments

• 20200401_170952.jpg
    20200401_170952.jpg
    589.9 KB · Views: 59
Oh, I do.

Looks good. You could probably increase the power by getting rid of most of that ducting. My suggestion would be to connect the filter directly to the fan and then run the least amount of ducting you can out of the tent. All that ducting is creating extra air for the fan to work with, if you're a car guy think of a cold air intake. Except in this case there is no benefit to running the extra ducting to get cool air for your engine, it just creates more air to move and more strain on the fan.

Looks good. You could probably increase the power by getting rid of most of that ducting. My suggestion would be to connect the filter directly to the fan and then run the least amount of ducting you can out of the tent. All that ducting is creating extra air for the fan to work with, if you're a car guy think of a cold air intake. Except in this case there is no benefit to running the extra ducting to get cool air for your engine, it just creates more air to move and more strain on the fan.
Ya know, I watched this video and it recommended that the filter should be away from the intake...I will reconfigure another day. Covid-19 makes my house a castle. Dont need to hide the smell.

Ya know, I watched this video and it recommended that the filter should be away from the intake...I will reconfigure another day. Covid-19 makes my house a castle. Dont need to hide the smell.

Yes, exhaust should be opposite of intake. So if you have intake at the bottom, exhaust should be on opposite side at the top. Etc.

Slowing your fan is what I think was the intended action.

May not be possible. Best solution is to get a 6" filter, which should be able to handle the 350cfm from the fan. That 4" just isn't made to do that much volume, and will just use it up very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom