First Aquafarm Hydro Grow

I have some wacky temperature problems in my little world. I grow in a tin shed outside.
In the winter, I often use the cooltube as a heat source and vent the tube exhaust into the room with the input coming from outside. If I really needed to, I could pull the air from inside and get more heat out of it but our local lows have not called for that step yet.
In the summer, I pull from outside and exhaust it outside. I could try to pull from inside and pump outside, but I'd be using AC air to cool the light and that would be a huge waste.

Hope my words somehow help. Yes... it can be a lot of tubing. I run all my vent line above my head so I don't have much problem with them.

Thanks for the kind words. My take from what I've seen is a tiny bit of nute burn on the tips, no biggie. One side is probably smaller because it is a separate plant and is being held back by the larger root system of the other one. My best advice, stay on top of PH. Happy Growing.

Well Tead you just might have offered a solution for when temps really drop here I could use the cooltube as a heater if I get a second fan.
But I was thinking of not growing in dec/jan. but well these girls probably be ready somewhere in December.
Crawfish make me think of La, so I guess you're somewhere hot & southern.

Rifleman, indeed.. one plant probably is dominant over te other, although there is one branch of the smaller plant that is up there in the canopy with the other plant but the rest of plant 2 stays low.
And Indeed nute burn as I was afraid of.. that's why I've tried the bought demi water at low ec strength, normally 0,8ec is my tap water, now it's 0,8 with just nutes not all the other stuff that's in my tap water.

Should I just leave them as is? I did remove a few leaves & thieves at the bottom.
Little buds are popping up and shooting up everywhere..

Although I don't have a decent camera anymore, got the ipad and a little Sony Handycam..
What I do now is just take the picture and auto tone it in PSP, which brings up some green but turns it all a bit pink as well.
So how do you take pictures under a HPS light? must be someway to process it right to get a good representation..

Under the setting tab look for "white balance" most likely set on auto. Change it to fluorescent and see if it isn't better. Experiment with the different settings. I now use my tablet to take garden photos because it doesn't need setting adjustment to look correct.

Ah with the Sony I can do the whitebalance, much better
And finally the budformation has begun!!! jeeej pew pew!

1nov2.jpg
1nov4.jpg
1Nov3.jpg
1nov5.jpg

1nov.jpg

Anything I should do in flower period?

Judging by your words and photos, I think you just need to hang on for a fun ride!

Damage in leaves never recovers. Yellow tips will forever more be yellow. Damaged leave will never turn green again. Hell, as your plant gets bigger, the damage spots will naturally stretch out with the leaf growth and look larger.
You can defoliate. Many do. I'm more on the side of a natural grow with some good manicuring. Everyone finds what works for them.
I'm horribly jealous of your RH numbers. I float in the 80's. Makes life a bit challenging.

RH is good here... it's temperature I need to fix, bit too cold when light is off.. but she's not going purple.

Aha, well yeah but even new leaves show yellow tips.. and I'm really keeping res strength low now..
As for defoliate.. well I like the canopy on top, but the inside of the plant is super bushy with lots of little shoots growing mean long stalks to get up there with the light.. and well I need to know when to remove what.. as I did remove some crooked leaves and new shoots but I'm under the impression the more I take away, the more she adds..

Raising temps is easy... get a heater. I use a oil filled radiant heater with a built in temp control. Set it around 70f. Leave it on 24/7 in the winter. Kicks in at night when the lights are off. Works well in my little corner of the world.
I do most of my trimming in veg. More of a constant manicure. When I see a limb I don't like, I clip it down. If I have damaged foliage, I clip it if I feel it's not contributing. During flower I see a good bit of natural older leaf die off that just naturally opens the plant up as it grows.
Like I said, we all find what works for us.

yeah, you would think that is simple, but I have a terrible history with electric heaters.. oil filled, wired, plate ones.. don't care they all go bust fairly quickly..
I also don't want or need a 1000/2000watt thing in there..
I've seen there are tubular ones, splashwaterproof, ranging from 90watts to 160 and upwards.. I'm thinking about getting those and installing them for the next run.. also a submersible aquarium heater is on my list.. to get my res water on like 18-20°C ?

Hmm most of the trimming in veg? well also during the first three weeks of 12/12 then? as well my plants have grown more in the past weeks in 12/12 than they did in Veg... I do the manicure thing as well, but I'm not to confident on removing new bud sites..
I'm just gonna let them go at it, then I have an idea how they work out and what could go next time.

I'm sure you'll settle on a trimming style that works for you.
Yes trim in veg. Absolutely. I do it many ways. Cutting a clone, trimming lower branches that will not produce and pull from the rest of the plant, etc... Every branch you clip the end of grows many more to replace it.
I bend and twist the branches too. I try to exit the veg cycle with a well manicure plant maximized to expose as much canopy to the light as possible.
At the end of my grow, I end up with quite a few big colas reaching up with lots of large side branches filling in down below.
Well... that's my goal at least.

Well I did trim in veg.. The stems of the plants are like 2" tops, from it grow 6 main branches.
It's just in the past weeks the amount of small shoots in the armpits of the main branches that have shot up to reach the top of the canopy is huge.. and I don't know how those will turn out.. they are long and thin.. lots of people remove those.. I've pinched a few so that they would become stronger, I've removed a few that were small and under the canopy.

I'm noticing the plants drink a lot less now they are flowering.

Hempy pots? don't know those.
I do like the Aquafarm though.. thing works brilliantly, around these parts anyway.. but it's too big.. and it's not suited for growing multiple plants in one.. well maybe if you keep them really small.. I might be interested in doing a 12/12 run with 5 plants. or doing 1 in the farm and make it grow huge.. or maybe make a switch to something else.. three little GHE waterfarms.. or craft something like that myself.. I mean the principle is easy.. future will tell.

Yeah.. full she is.. you can't see much of the inside it's bud explosion in there.. i just wonder if they will get enough light and time to develop to something.. well time they get.. I'll makes sure I'll harvest at the right time.. not too early...

I also found the first completely yellow leave.. sucked dry..

I'm gonna change the rest to standard flowering mixture without the pk13/14 I don't know if I gave that too early don't think so.. but you shouldn't give that for a long time it says.

And what do I do when flushing time comes? plain tap water with ph-?
And yes or no to 48 hours of more darkness before harvest?
I know all too early but I can already think and fantasise can't I? : )

Back
Top Bottom