First Aquafarm Hydro Grow

Yeah..
really pleased.
two comments I've already had were fantastic,
separate occasions, people with different smoking habits,
one prefers hashies and outdoor grow, and the other Amnesia and has his own grower for years..
both said really nice taste and this takes me back to my first joints..
somewhere in the nineties .. and I guess that's about right since it's a skunk, big bud cross..
but well can't have a better compliment than that :)

No pics yet but the new system has arrived..
euhm yeah it's kinda cheap, but I already suspected that.
but the pots work, so If they will last me a while I'm golden.

The leds are here as well.. It's Philips Greenpower deep red modules.. 4 strips with 5 leds in.. 50watt total.
I was thinking placing them on the tent ceiling around the hps lamp.. and switch them on with the hps on first signs of bloom?
what do you guys think? good extra or not?

I'm soaking the hydro pebbles and the cubes, hoping everything will be ready tomorrow :)

IMG_100236.JPG

IMG_100431.JPG

the "upgrades"

I can't say the hydrosystem I bought is an upgrade from the aquafarm as that is infinitely more solid
but it's perfect size.
love the leds
also got two rope ratchets for free
added a carpet.. maybe not the best with dirt.. but it's warmer and now it's solid.. that tent bottom slides and curls up.
Also carbon filter not sure how I'm going to move that up and down with the tube.. I'll just keep it up, enough light anyway now.
I was thinking, if I remove the reflector from the cooltube and hang it vertically with the carbonfilter in the middle of the plants? : )

Yeah I would think so too.. although the whole place is pretty dry.. not much really thrives here..
I rarely see an insect venture this far even.. except for house spiders but they don't last long
I still have some linoleum never used but it stinks anyway...

I'm thought with regular hoovering and disinfectant clean in between grows it will be ok? also yeah maybe something not so dark.. this will absorb the light.. although with the added leds, I'm guessing there will be light enough bouncing around..

and I think I'm using the ratchets the wrong way round.. but this way I can lower it by pressing on the ratchets at the light and pull it up with the two cords simultaneously... but well with the filter at the end of the tube now, I don't think there will be much changing position, that's held on by a different strap..
and I'm hoping light coverage will be plenty anyway.

Yeah I would think so too.. although the whole place is pretty dry.. not much really thrives here..
I rarely see an insect venture this far even.. except for house spiders but they don't last long
I still have some linoleum never used but it stinks anyway...

I'm thought with regular hoovering and disinfectant clean in between grows it will be ok? also yeah maybe something not so dark.. this will absorb the light.. although with the added leds, I'm guessing there will be light enough bouncing around..

These are words the I would unfortunately, expect you to regret in the near future. Find another answer that doesn't include carpet. No good can come from it. It's a 1/4 inch layer for any number of bad things including mildew, fungus, and insects can hide in and breed. Insects will be attracted to the bonding agents... it's food for some. The high humidity of a grow environment will mean a constant level of moisture deep into the tightly wound yarn material. I'd guess you'll see signs of growth within weeks.
Sorry to be so negative on it. I can see you really like it. Call me Debbie Downer if you wish... but it's just bad JuJu.

hmm.. 4th one opened and is active..
2 are doing well and are growing rapid..
1 is behind.. but I think it already is topped? because I might have prematurely busted the cap off with transplanting it..
and it's very dark and new growth is still very tiny and looks like it's going for 4 leaves instead of two.. I don't know how that is going to turn out. it's taking root fine though..

IMG_109441.JPG
image5967.jpeg

Sorry have no idea why they are upside down.. they are normal on my desktop.. but when I upload them they flip.. .

anyway what's going on with that seedling.. the others are fine.. but this one growing very slow.. and already shows pistels or something? and three leaves?
will she survive? or is this too much stress and will she go on a genderbender?

yeah.. she be freaky alright..
growth is very slow.. the 4th seed that I popped 5 days later is already bigger than this weird plant.. but she keeps trying.. pushing three leaves in the middle.

thing I'm most afraid of is that this was already so much stress that she goes bad and ruins the three others..
but she might turn out with a good delivery as well..

Back
Top Bottom