First Clowet Grow Lighting Questions

machineking36

I am about to begin my first indoor closet grow which i have researcher pretty thouroughly. I am setting up a room for the grow cycle in a 4x2 space, and the flowering cycle in two 4x2 spaces. I am planning on growing six plants at a time, but am not sure on what wattage of lights to use. My budget is pretty high ($500-$600).

I am going to use flourescent lights for the germination stage, but I am not sure which wattage I should use, nor how many.

For the growing stage I would like to use four 100 watt metal halide bulbs for six plants. Is this too much? or too little?

For the Flowering stage I would like to use one 400 watt high pressure sodium bulb in two 4x2 sections which will have 3 plants each. Once again my question is whether this is too much or too little light? and will this cause too much heat? If it does how do i get rid of it?

Any other helpful information that im missing would be greatly appreciated.

I will most likely create a journal for my progress once I aquire all the necceseary supplies. I am defintaly growing white widow and debating whether to grow bubblecious or northern lights.

I would use T5's for the germination and vegging stages. 400 should work fine for the flower. Kind of a small area, don't know if your going to be able to have that many mature plants in that size area.

6 plants in a 4x2 are is about aberage and i would use a 400 watt hps for the entire grow. If you ever get around to taking clones from any female plants you grow, then i'd buy a fluroescent light source but not till then. Get the 400 first.

Back
Top Bottom