First Ever Closet Grow Using a 300 Watt CFL - a Bit of Skill and a Lot of Luck!

Re: First ever closet grow using a 300 watt CFL, a bit of skill and a lot of luck!

Apology noted and humbly excepted, wish I had a teacher that understood dyslexia battled for 20 odd years before someone noticed it. offended is the wrong word, but got under my skin shall we say.
Anyway that's in the past now lets move on.
one love
K V

The stupid, is paranoia on my part comes from being educated in the 80's
Thanks for your message back...I felt bad after I read your post...My brother with it is 60 now and managed to raise and support his family with it even as he struggled, so I understand what you deal with EVERY DAY! Peace Brother:peace:

Re: First ever closet grow using a 300 watt CFL, a bit of skill and a lot of luck!

OK...tutorial #2 for the day,
1. Go to gallery at top of page
2. Click on it and go to upload photos
3. Towards the bottom of page that comes up you will see Select Files for Upload
4. Click on it
5. If you have multiples you can hold the control key down until you have made your selections
6. When you see that they ALL have uploaded hit the upload/submit button at bottom of page
7. (precautionary note) If you only upload one, make sure you give it a label if you want to
8. after the submit button is clicked you will be able to label all the files you just uploaded
That's about it....:cheesygrinsmiley::tokin:
9. Hit the submit button again it takes you to your gallery....
Who did it for you before? There are pics in your gallery!

Thanks, I put them there myself, so i guess that tutorial was for someone else not me, lol So why can my pics not be viewed IN MY JOURNAL?!

I don't know what on earth everyone is talking about. I'm just trying to grow some pot here ;) much love to my fellow stoners

WHY won't THE blog FAIRIES let ME type A paragraph IN all UPPER case LETTERS?

Day whatever it is.
Two little babies looking nice and healthy, i just hope to god they're bitches not dudes, cos that would make me sad.
Have put 3 more W.W seeds to germinate in the same soil mix as the first 2, but no sign of appearing yet (they were sown 3 days ago!)
Happy potting people.
New pic in gallery.

Day whatever it is.
Two little babies looking nice and healthy, i just hope to god they're bitches not dudes, cos that would make me sad.
Have put 3 more W.W seeds to germinate in the same soil mix as the first 2, but no sign of appearing yet (they were sown 3 days ago!)
Happy potting people.
New pic in gallery.
Looking good Newbiedude, your babies are looking nice, could probably get the light a little closer they are looking a bit stretchy.
Sending green karma your way, and wishing you luck with the rest of the grow, now lets hope they be girls.
No more distractions I promise.
One love
K V
p.s still can't see photos in the thread

Thanks, I put them there myself, so i guess that tutorial was for someone else not me, lol So why can my pics not be viewed IN MY JOURNAL?!
They don't automatically get put in your journal, you have to put them there from the gallery. Once they are in your gallery, you can post them into your journal, my journal, or anyones...if you have a question of someone doing what you are you can even post into theirs...to ask your question...hope this helps.:cheesygrinsmiley::tokin:

Hi newbiedude,

I've fixed the photos you've posted so far. Here's link to our Photo Gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

It looks like you were posting the page url instead of the photo url. The easiest way to post photos would be to just use the Camera icon. Then you wouldn't have to worry about copy/pasting anything. If you scroll down to the second post in the tutorial that I just linked to, you will find step by step instructions on how to embed photos into a post.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a pm. I'm happy to help in any way that I can. :blushsmile:

Good luck with your grow! :cheer:

:Namaste:

Day 15 Since i begun this exciting adventure of awe and wonderment, i have added five pictures to my members gallery page, hope you like them. 420 Girl many thanks for showing me how to upload pics properly and to everyone else who told me how to ;) Many thanks for your continued support and happy growing/reading/smoking/eating/chilling!
IMAG002621.jpg
IMAG002720.jpg
IMAG002822.jpg
IMAG002918.jpg
IMAG003015.jpg

As you may be able to see on the 4th pic i have moved my babies closer to the light ( about 5/7 inches away) :thanks::Namaste::thumb:

Looking good Newbiedude, your babies are looking nice, could probably get the light a little closer they are looking a bit stretchy.
Sending green karma your way, and wishing you luck with the rest of the grow, now lets hope they be girls.
No more distractions I promise.
One love
K V
p.s still can't see photos in the thread

Hey dude thanks for your advice i have moved my babies much closer and they are loving it, peace dude.

Hi!

keep up the good work! :)

I would recommend to add some aircirculation fan somewhere in the box, as it will make them grow stronger stems or else you will have to support them for some time additionally (altough i'm not sure whether it's not already too late for your current plants as they seem to be stretched out a lot). Plus it would allows to move plants closer to light also, that would also remove some unnecessary stretch your plants have (imo).

Nice grow, What light cycle are u running 16 hrs on 8 hours off, 20-4, 12-12 ?

Hi!

keep up the good work! :)

I would recommend to add some aircirculation fan somewhere in the box, as it will make them grow stronger stems or else you will have to support them for some time additionally (altough i'm not sure whether it's not already too late for your current plants as they seem to be stretched out a lot). Plus it would allows to move plants closer to light also, that would also remove some unnecessary stretch your plants have (imo).

Hey man, i have a 6" Fan blowing on them 24 hours a day, i know about root strengthening. I just don't understand why the leaves have all started to droop as if they don't have enough of something. HELP NEEDED HERE PLEASE, many thanks for your continued support one and all :)

Day 17 (from when seeds were potted)
An update to keep the interest. I had a near disaster the other day; i dropped my youngest plant and it fell about the place with its tiny little tap root just hanging onto the last bit of compost in the pot. I gathered her up and put some more fresh compost around her and gave her a little water. The growth does seem to have slowed but she still looks alive!! I will keep my fingers crossed and hope she pulls through.
I've noticed the leaves looking "droopy" and either yellowing or going pale green, i can't tell which and what (if anything) is wrong. Should i be adding nutes by now? (17 days of growth from seed) Please help me thankyou.

Strain: White Widow Feminised
Medium: Soil
Lights: 1 x 300 watt CFL
Size of Room: 1.4 x 1.7 x 1.3 meters
Growth period: seedling/ veg
any more info please ask me.

if you are showing 2 or 3 sets of leaves then yes give her some food, but start lite maybe 1/4 or 1/2 strength and see how they like it:)

IMAG003118.jpg
IMAG003315.jpg

Does anyone else notice the white on the leaves, i think it is chlorine as our water has a high content and i have leaf watered them a few times. Please comment if you think it may be something else i am learning all the time and appreciate the continued support :)
IMAG003217.jpg
IMAG003413.jpg
IMAG003517.jpg
IMAG003616.jpg
IMAG003718.jpg

I am using biobizz grow and bloom, can someone tell me how much to use and when because they didn't come with any instructions on dosage?? Also, when people say use for instance "2ml per litre" does this mean per litre of water ACTUALLY USED, because i have only been using 100ml of water per plant every 2 days. Help please, this is confusing me

Does anyone else notice the white on the leaves, i think it is chlorine as our water has a high content and i have leaf watered them a few times.

Pretty sure the white marks are from minerals in the water, like limescale in your kettle, I think chlorine is dispersed as a gas(?)`They look good and healthy and so full of future delight:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom